Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 70490 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:26 - Feb 18 with 2211 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:24 - Feb 18 by Spratty

Did you want Wilfried Bony?

“I don’t want to sit here and talk about players. I still consider them my players.

Don't think you can necessarily say this makes it clear Bony was not an ML signing - could not answer a question like that without getting dragged into other Qs. Not saying he was ML signing either.

Got the impression at the fans meeting that Huw was not happy having paid that for Bony so not sure

He was the record signing. The marquee name. However there were doubts because he wouldn't play him until he had to. Could have just answered with a simple Yes or No.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:26 - Feb 18 with 2211 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:22 - Feb 18 by lovejuicejack

Aye because you never had a job mush

Good one...
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 2207 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:40 - Feb 18 by swanny

It was all dying down......why rake it all up again?

Suppose because he has been royally slagged off and it is hurtful to him especially when things are said that are untrue.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:27 - Feb 18 with 2206 viewsgibs0n

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:25 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Proof, and truth, are very subjective things. We'll never know more than we know now. Just makes the whole press conference thing all the more weird.

Thank you for trying to discuss the press conference. But it seems impossible in this forum :-)

Hae a nice evening!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 18 with 2190 viewsRancid

I've been saying for months that Bony wasn't a Laudrup signing and was usually rated -10 for it.People need to think back and remember what was going on between Huw Tutu and Laudrup at the time.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 18 with 2188 viewsDarran

Please tell me he didn't fly to London just for this pile of shit too?
Dear God he ought to reimburse the journos that travelled to London.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 2183 viewsCaptain

Disappointed with it all really, lost a lot of respect for him today.

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 2179 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 18 by Darran

Please tell me he didn't fly to London just for this pile of shit too?
Dear God he ought to reimburse the journos that travelled to London.

It was never gonna be a blockbuster,Dar.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 with 2175 viewsSkipTheJack

ML always represented the Swans with class and dignity, and there's no need to find someone to blame. It's not ML's fault and it's not the board's fault. We're just a small fish in a big pond and we needed to make a change in order to halt the slide towards relegation.

Anything else that's said on the matter is just not necessary.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 2172 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 by Rancid

It was never gonna be a blockbuster,Dar.

Totally pointless Chrissy.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:31 - Feb 18 with 2162 viewslegoman

The only thing I find slightly concerning is that ML suggests no mention of his position was made at the Tuesday meeting with HJ and when he did receive his e-mail it alluded to a "breach of contract". I would have thought that suggests something other than the poor results, which are plain to see. ML seems totally bemused by it all, as if whatever "breach" he has committed is a mystery to him. I would expect if I'd been sacked in that way I would have been given a clear reason why and for the communication to say that.

I don't know HJ but I find it hard to believe a man of his experience and with access to legal advice, would terminate ML's contract in any way other than the correct one.

So we either don't know the whole story or there's been one hell of a mis-communication here.

Personally, I learned nothing from the press conference and I view it as a damage limitation exercise on MLs behalf. His results hardly enhance his reputation in his search for the next job, so it would certainly help his case to be seen as being hard done by.

That's not to say I think ML is dishonourable, he's just trying to protect his position.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:34 - Feb 18 with 2132 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:32 - Feb 18 by haremscarem

Michael wrote personally to all the players to say goodbye. He was also told that it was about surviving in the league. That was the most important thing. I think he explains himself okay, but I have said that, I guess.

You can say it a million times and you'd still be wrong.

The players were not happy with Laudrup and his style, fact. It was over some time before he got the boot.

Great player, great ambassador for Danish football, thanks for the memories, fvck off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:34 - Feb 18 with 2129 viewsThaiJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:16 - Feb 18 by lovejuicejack

Laudrup needs to man the f*ck up seriously, we`ve all been sacked for doing a sh!t job he is no different (except his massive payoff wedge)

I believe if they sacked Laudrup for only winning 9 out of 38 and gone public with that, Laudrup would have taken his coat and left. And then he would not have had a press conference today.

But it seems that they are trying to pin him on a breach of contract while orchestrating a smear campaign that then gets so much out of control that HJ the next day tries to put a break on it. This is blatantly to try and sneak out of paying ML what it says in his contract he is entitled to. Hate or love ML you can simply not condole such action.

It has taken 9 days for SCFC lawyers to invent a letter justifying the reasons for his dismissal - I am sure it is not saying "poor results".
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 with 2126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:24 - Feb 18 by Spratty

Did you want Wilfried Bony?

“I don’t want to sit here and talk about players. I still consider them my players.

Don't think you can necessarily say this makes it clear Bony was not an ML signing - could not answer a question like that without getting dragged into other Qs. Not saying he was ML signing either.

Got the impression at the fans meeting that Huw was not happy having paid that for Bony so not sure

Well it's probably the best 12 million the club could have spent. Young enough to have monstrous resale value too

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 with 2119 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:31 - Feb 18 by Darran

Totally pointless Chrissy.

Was his agent present? I missed it all.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:36 - Feb 18 with 2107 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 by Rancid

Was his agent present? I missed it all.

He wasn't on camera.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:37 - Feb 18 with 2074 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:48 - Feb 18 by Spratty

But it was leaked

Was it really? Hmmmmmmm..........

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:37 - Feb 18 with 2071 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 by SkipTheJack

ML always represented the Swans with class and dignity, and there's no need to find someone to blame. It's not ML's fault and it's not the board's fault. We're just a small fish in a big pond and we needed to make a change in order to halt the slide towards relegation.

Hear hear!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:38 - Feb 18 with 2058 viewsRancid

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:36 - Feb 18 by Darran

He wasn't on camera.

Probably had a earpiece in then
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:39 - Feb 18 with 2046 viewsswan65split

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 by Captain

Disappointed with it all really, lost a lot of respect for him today.

Yes so have I , no need for a conference, a statement would have done.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:39 - Feb 18 with 2041 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:20 - Feb 18 by Uxbridge

Those are not facts. They are the opinions of ML.

Regarding (1), we do not know the circumstances, the players, the budgets, the competition or who was representing those players.

Regarding (2), it's ML's word that he doesn't know the reasons for his sacking. It's not a fact unless the club confirm that or the letter is published.

It's a fact because Huw says of ML you could not meet a more Genuine or honest person
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 2004 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 18 by Oldjack

I cant' see what all the fuss is about, 9 wins in 38 says it all ,take on the chin Mike ffs and move on, Chapter over

More wise words Alan, we can always rely on you.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:42 - Feb 18 with 2000 viewsicecoldjack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 18 by SkipTheJack

Very nicely put
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:44 - Feb 18 with 1972 viewsDarran

Like I said on the first page of this thread I can't recall any managers calling a press conference like this after being sacked.
Very strange

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:45 - Feb 18 with 1958 viewsSpratty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:21 - Feb 18 by A_Fans_Dad

He did good on the back of Michu's Goals for about 4 months, it was mediocre and down hill from there on in the Prem as Michu tired and picked up niggling injuries, but like ML some fans are more interested in Cups than staying up.
He just couldn't see what he was doing to the Club or if he did could not change or didn't care.
The more he publicizes the sacking the more his failings are likely to come out, including the discontent of some players and fans.
Added to his falling out with his previous clubs Boards it is getting to be a major downside to his Image that he can't seem to work with others.

Breathing or eating - wow you can do both

Got quite a bit of bitterness going on there

Honestly are you Ash's dad - still wondering
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024