Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Jono' De Guzman. 13:51 - Feb 19 with 6746 views_Kieran

Is a talented player, no doubt. I bet he would look awesome on the training ground.

But unless I'm going blind he can't pick a through ball to save his life nor has the speed/vision to do so.

For me he is the most frustrating player at Swansea City, especially when deployed as the #10. IDGAF about his pass completion statistics. Ki had awesome pass completion statistics and he didn't have many fans down here did he? Let's be honest. And he has looked a different player at Sunderland though, although his pass completion rate has dropped!

Back on topic, when trying to set something up 90% of the time he takes a day and then some more time to make a cuppa before he releases the ball, by then if he manages to get something off our attackers are offside and 95% of the time whilst doing this he gets the ball taken off him. The other 8% of time when he gets it off quickly he either over/under hits it, very rarely it comes off for him. The remaining 2% of the time when he releases it early it comes off for him but I honestly can't remember the last time he set up a goal from open play.

Having said that I'd rather the '8%' any time of the day rather than watching him get the ball taken from him, from a 2 yard head start.

Gylfi Sigurdsson + Pablo = Sh!t pass completion.

Would rather Luke Moore as a #10 at least he can pick a pass.

BUT despite my above criticisms he looked a different player in his run out at Stoke and his goal at Everton was my favourite JDG goal ever even though he's scored some stunners, simply because of the determination he showed to get on the end of it, it's not a characteristic I normally associate with De Guzman.

Have faith with GM!

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

'Jono' De Guzman. on 01:02 - Feb 20 with 1038 viewsCatullus

If Jdg consistently played like he's capable of playing he'd be snapped up by a big club.
That he doesn't is always a source of frustration to me.
If he tried as hard as Leon or Bath Dyer, he'd possibly be our best player. I still believe it's more about Jdg than the team.
Question, why splash out on a player and when you get relegated happily send him out on loan? It could be about the money but from what I read, he had struggled to get in their team, is that right?
For me Michu is much more dynamic, Shelvey and Dyer too!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

'Jono' De Guzman. on 12:02 - Feb 20 with 991 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Both Ben and Routs are also more dynamic over 90 minutes and Caanas is frenetic by comparison.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 12:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024