Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. 20:47 - Feb 25 with 2127 viewsLohengrin

It doesn't really get any better than this. Stunning.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 21:35 - Feb 25 with 2098 viewsborinifanclub

listen to the slide solo at 2.05...played with a fag lighter......this is proper guitar playing not schoolboy stuff like your video!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 22:52 - Feb 25 with 2075 viewsLohengrin

There's a world of difference between music in its pure, heartfelt form and the employment of a barrage of effects pedals and gimmicks.

One has been with us for millenia the other is as dated and tired as loon pants and platform shoes (no offence to Darran's wardrobe intended.) No prizes for guessing which is which.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 06:31 - Feb 26 with 2045 viewsDr_Winston

Got two minutes in waiting for something of interest to happen.

Gave up then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 08:07 - Feb 26 with 2028 viewsrob

Um, it's hardly a masterclass, just a very simple blues repertoire
An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 09:57 - Feb 26 with 1997 viewsperchrockjack

We should get wed Loh

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:05 - Feb 26 with 1991 viewsperchrockjack

and simple is what its about...viewers.
Its how you play.

Anyway who saw BB King film will understand.

Its not about technical proficiency;if it were Django would have nobody within the same solar system so for ther young ones listen up now

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:53 - Feb 26 with 1972 viewsLohengrin

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 06:31 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Got two minutes in waiting for something of interest to happen.

Gave up then.

You like it raucous, I take it?

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:57 - Feb 26 with 1971 viewsLohengrin

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 08:07 - Feb 26 by rob

Um, it's hardly a masterclass, just a very simple blues repertoire

Exactly. The quiet restraint is where it's at.

Login to get fewer ads

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 11:28 - Feb 26 with 1964 viewsrob

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:57 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Exactly. The quiet restraint is where it's at.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, as a classically trained guitarist I do have some knowledge about music and guitar playing, hey, I can even play some slide ;)

The original video posted is not a master class. Yes its played ok, but thats it.

Anyway, I hate arguing about music tastes and opinions, its all very subjective and if you enjoy it, that is fine by me!
An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 13:23 - Feb 26 with 1941 viewsLord_Bony

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:53 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Are you seriously putting this in the same league as Hendrix?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 14:37 - Feb 26 with 1918 viewsLohengrin

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 13:23 - Feb 26 by Lord_Bony

Are you seriously putting this in the same league as Hendrix?

No I just put it because, well, it's raucous as opposed to restrained.

Inidentally, and this is all from a purely personal perspective, aside from a few tracks I find Hendrix pretty much unlistenable.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 14:44 - Feb 26 with 1913 viewsLohengrin

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:05 - Feb 26 by perchrockjack

and simple is what its about...viewers.
Its how you play.

Anyway who saw BB King film will understand.

Its not about technical proficiency;if it were Django would have nobody within the same solar system so for ther young ones listen up now

I've got a good half a dozen Django discs, Perch.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 1896 viewsfergusferret

Probably the best guitar playing Swans fan, I think amazing

SURFING WITH THE ALIEN Joe Satriani

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 16:04 - Feb 26 with 1890 viewsLohengrin

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 15:57 - Feb 26 by fergusferret

Bloody Hell! If Darran hears that he'll start sending him fan mail.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 1883 viewsfergusferret

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 16:04 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Bloody Hell! If Darran hears that he'll start sending him fan mail.

The nicest guy you would ever meet and a loyal swan
An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 16:40 - Feb 26 with 1862 viewsDarran

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 15:57 - Feb 26 by fergusferret

How do I know his name?
Did he use to post on the old site?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 17:10 - Feb 26 with 1847 viewsDr_Winston

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 10:53 - Feb 26 by Lohengrin

Better.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 11:19 - Feb 27 with 1782 viewsperchrockjack

Im gonna marry Loh

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 12:04 - Feb 27 with 1773 viewsWarwickHunt

Ryland P. Cooder.

Solo starts at 2:49 but listen to the rest of it as well. A great version of James Carr's (THE soul singer) classic.

See also: Allman, D and George, L (Lowell used a tyre socket wrench...).

Loh & Richie - the first Taj Mahal album, get it bought. Pronto.

Smoke that gee-tar boy, smoke that gee-tar...
An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 13:05 - Feb 27 with 1758 viewspansypants

Rage against the machine used power drills.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

An absolute masterclass in the art of slide guitar. on 14:35 - Feb 28 with 1713 viewsfergusferret

Love it!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024