Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
36 to 38 Points 18:56 - Mar 3 with 3369 viewsowainglyndwr

Will it be enough, i would think so this season.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 16:50]
36 to 38 Points on 20:56 - Mar 20 with 680 viewsLord_Bony

36 to 38 Points on 20:00 - Mar 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Bye bye prem for Sunderland who have points deducted for fielding an ineligible player.

I know you silly sausage but it was a dream mun wannit.

Anyways him and Fabiol will be playing for them next season if they stay up.

You heard it here first.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2014 20:57]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

36 to 38 Points on 21:58 - Mar 20 with 631 viewsRuDeMan1970

So far this season we have garnered 29 points from 29 matches - 1 point per game average but in the 12 matches played against the current top 8 teams in the PL we have acquired ONE solitary point (against Liverpool at home). That's ONE point out of THIRTY SIX. Because of this fact, I am writing-off all three games against Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea (I'll try to be positive and say we might gain something from Southampton at home).
IMO this leaves us with just 6 matches this season where we simply MUST gain points. However, with us averaging a point a game, this would only take us up to 35 (on an ever so slightly more positive note, we have collected 7 points from those 6 teams in the reverse fixtures, so we'd possibly end up on 36). Now I tend to agree with the general consensus which predicts the safety mark will be below the holy grail that is 40 points. BUT THIRTY FIVE / THIRTY SIX? REALLY?
As much as I hope to God that we stay up, I feel that it is very doubtful for us to achieve it unless:-
(A) three other sides continue to perform extremely poorly for the remaining games, thereby helping to keep us up by default or
(B) we have an unbelievable upturn in form for the rest of the season.

This post is not meant to be negative but I appreciate it's probably going to upset a few posters on here. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that I'm underestimating the strength and spirit of Garry and the boys and would love it for people to be rubbishing this post at the end of the season!

..."who will guard the guards..?"

36 to 38 Points on 22:44 - Mar 20 with 588 viewsSwansNZ

36 to 38 Points on 21:58 - Mar 20 by RuDeMan1970

So far this season we have garnered 29 points from 29 matches - 1 point per game average but in the 12 matches played against the current top 8 teams in the PL we have acquired ONE solitary point (against Liverpool at home). That's ONE point out of THIRTY SIX. Because of this fact, I am writing-off all three games against Everton, Arsenal and Chelsea (I'll try to be positive and say we might gain something from Southampton at home).
IMO this leaves us with just 6 matches this season where we simply MUST gain points. However, with us averaging a point a game, this would only take us up to 35 (on an ever so slightly more positive note, we have collected 7 points from those 6 teams in the reverse fixtures, so we'd possibly end up on 36). Now I tend to agree with the general consensus which predicts the safety mark will be below the holy grail that is 40 points. BUT THIRTY FIVE / THIRTY SIX? REALLY?
As much as I hope to God that we stay up, I feel that it is very doubtful for us to achieve it unless:-
(A) three other sides continue to perform extremely poorly for the remaining games, thereby helping to keep us up by default or
(B) we have an unbelievable upturn in form for the rest of the season.

This post is not meant to be negative but I appreciate it's probably going to upset a few posters on here. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that I'm underestimating the strength and spirit of Garry and the boys and would love it for people to be rubbishing this post at the end of the season!

Your logic does not stand up - average of 1 point a game when playing everyone, including playing the top 8. Then you go on to take out the top 8 (or 3 games we have against top 6 teams), and still say we average 1 point a game.

What is our average points against teams not in the top 8? 1.6 to 1.7 points? which makes for 39 points?

All theory and stats - what will happen, who knows

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

36 to 38 Points on 07:34 - Mar 21 with 515 viewscontroversial_jack

What a pointless discussion!
36 to 38 Points on 18:33 - Apr 18 with 393 viewsowainglyndwr

I still think we will get around 37 to 38 points and that this season will be enough
36 to 38 Points on 18:39 - Apr 18 with 380 viewsItchySphincter

Thinks 35 will be enough Jarv. We'll limp over the line, just.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

36 to 38 Points on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 371 viewsunion_jack

Yep, allowing for unexpected results, 37-38 will be enough.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

36 to 38 Points on 18:59 - Apr 18 with 352 viewsowainglyndwr

36 to 38 Points on 18:45 - Apr 18 by union_jack

Yep, allowing for unexpected results, 37-38 will be enough.

It will be nice if we get something out of tomorrows game which would slightly help to take the pressure off for our 2 home games.
Login to get fewer ads

36 to 38 Points on 19:02 - Apr 18 with 346 viewsjohnlangy

Draw tomorrow, win either AV or Soton. 37 points. No problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024