Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
student tickets 19:00 - Apr 13 with 6487 viewsSTEVE1

What a shambles today, they wait until the third last game of the season to ask to see student cards. Nothing on any site to say this is going to happen no steward with any sense approach any potential victims when waiting at the turnstiles. Everybody then had to go to the ticket office to give their season ticket in until they could provide proof in the week .They decide to do this at half term when if you have not already got a student card it will not be possible to get one . Can anybody from the trust raise what have happened today and what bright spark thought this up.
student tickets on 19:07 - Apr 13 with 3955 viewsswanduck

Whenever I got to matches I take my student card with me. It is not hard for students to do and they should have one because they're meant to have them to take their exams.

I have never been asked to show it but I keep it in my purse anyway, it is not hard to pop it in your wallet before you leave just in case they ask. After all, it does state very clearly on all the tickets I have bought that you need your student ID for proof of identity, even if 9 times out of ten they don't bother checking it doesn't harm to keep it on you for that one time they do.
student tickets on 19:08 - Apr 13 with 3924 viewsDr_Winston

"it does state very clearly on all the tickets I have bought that you need your student ID for proof of identity"

End of thread.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

student tickets on 19:11 - Apr 13 with 3890 viewsSTEVE1

You do not need a student card to take exams when they issue the seasonticket you have to prove that they are in full time education so at no point do they say you need a student card. It is not really the point though if they were going to ask for student cards then all they had to do was put it on the site which would have stopped what happened today.
student tickets on 19:12 - Apr 13 with 3886 viewsshingle

I did not have any problem, i have never ever been asked for id.
student tickets on 19:36 - Apr 13 with 3750 viewsUxbridge

student tickets on 19:08 - Apr 13 by Dr_Winston

"it does state very clearly on all the tickets I have bought that you need your student ID for proof of identity"

End of thread.

Well, not really.

Two games from the end of the season and, without warning, the club start refusing people entry on the basis they did not have any ID. It wasn't just students, I saw a kid refused entry because he looked over 16. A bit of a shambles really. Whoever decided that today was the day to start doing this without warning needs a bit of a telling off.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

student tickets on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 3733 viewsDr_Winston

student tickets on 19:36 - Apr 13 by Uxbridge

Well, not really.

Two games from the end of the season and, without warning, the club start refusing people entry on the basis they did not have any ID. It wasn't just students, I saw a kid refused entry because he looked over 16. A bit of a shambles really. Whoever decided that today was the day to start doing this without warning needs a bit of a telling off.

If it says that ID is required on the tickets then warning is given, even if it's rarely asked for.

If it doesn't then fair enough.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

student tickets on 19:38 - Apr 13 with 3731 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of thread.

Not if they haven't asked to see the cards in any of the other games this season.

Poll: Tory leader

student tickets on 19:39 - Apr 13 with 3722 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Here's a thought -

Was there not a gentleman on this forum yesterday or the day before moaning about how he had to pay full price for an adult ticket when his son had a student season ticket or something similar?

And he was apparently going back down to complain yesterday? Perhaps that is what brought on todays new approach regarding students admission?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

student tickets on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 3700 viewsJackfath

student tickets on 19:39 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Here's a thought -

Was there not a gentleman on this forum yesterday or the day before moaning about how he had to pay full price for an adult ticket when his son had a student season ticket or something similar?

And he was apparently going back down to complain yesterday? Perhaps that is what brought on todays new approach regarding students admission?

Good point. There was someone on that thread saying that they've always got in on a student card and they're much older, as they never check.

I reckon we've a spy in the camp!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

student tickets on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 3700 viewsDr_Winston

student tickets on 19:38 - Apr 13 by exiledclaseboy

Not if they haven't asked to see the cards in any of the other games this season.

Doesn't matter if they've asked to see them before or not. If it states on the ticket that you need student ID then don't complain if entry is refused because you haven't got it.

If it doesn't say ID is required then there is a valid point and people need their arses kicked.

student tickets on 19:43 - Apr 13 with 3690 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

student tickets on 19:42 - Apr 13 by Jackfath

Good point. There was someone on that thread saying that they've always got in on a student card and they're much older, as they never check.

I reckon we've a spy in the camp!

I think we've solved this mystery. And to think some people question our superior intelligence.

student tickets on 19:56 - Apr 13 with 3646 viewsSTEVE1

student tickets on 19:43 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think we've solved this mystery. And to think some people question our superior intelligence.

Do the ticket office and the stewards work for the same company because these students did not find out they were going to be asked for their cards until they reached the turnstile there was nothing from the stewards warning this would happen even though loads were being turned back, I suppose it does mean using common sense.
student tickets on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 3632 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

student tickets on 19:56 - Apr 13 by STEVE1

Do the ticket office and the stewards work for the same company because these students did not find out they were going to be asked for their cards until they reached the turnstile there was nothing from the stewards warning this would happen even though loads were being turned back, I suppose it does mean using common sense.

Whenever I purchase a student ticket, I always take my University I.D card. To me it seems like common sense. Whether that be a football match ticket, a train ticket, a ticket for a music concert or whatever.

student tickets on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 3624 viewsNeath_Jack

student tickets on 19:56 - Apr 13 by STEVE1

The ticket office sent people back to the turnstiles without most having to produce them in the end. Shambles.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

student tickets on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 3621 viewsJackfath

student tickets on 19:58 - Apr 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Whenever I purchase a student ticket, I always take my University I.D card. To me it seems like common sense. Whether that be a football match ticket, a train ticket, a ticket for a music concert or whatever.

I think this is good practice. For the scenarios you mention and also in life generally.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

student tickets on 20:06 - Apr 13 with 3584 viewspontyjack

There's nothing on the season ticket to say Id is required. My son came from Brighton to see this game and nearly didn't get in - he's been a St holder for 14 years even though he can't attend most matches as he's in Uni.

Also is it sensible to hold up fans coming in when they know there's a minute silence happening.

It was indeed a shambles
student tickets on 20:09 - Apr 13 with 3568 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Just to clarify, I do not agree with what happened today. If they are going to begin actively checking for student I.D then this should be made very clear before the season tickets are purchased and should be enforced every game, not 4/5ths of the way through the season.

student tickets on 21:21 - Apr 13 with 3465 viewsMorSwan

This was due to new management apparently. I was with a friend, who happens to be a student as well who didn't have his card on him today so we had to go to the ticket office.

It specifies when purchasing a season ticket that upon collection, it must be shown to prove that you're a student. That is that. The club have made a massive mistake by handing out student tickets to people without this proof. Students have never been told to bring their cards to every game and they shouldn't have to.

We are a joke of a club off the field. This was an awful thing to do. They waited until the turnstiles to notify people to sort this out. They should of made everybody aware prior to the game via email or post, not how they did so.

Poll: What striker would you want?

student tickets on 21:24 - Apr 13 with 3459 viewsJBT95

To do this today was utter craptastic.

I got into the ground 4mins after KO and therefore missed the Hillsborough minute silence.

The guy on the turnstile asked for ID, not student ID, he said 'have you got something like a driving license?'. That's not student ID pal!

Went to the bloody ticket office, for them to say 'okay just next time bring ID with you' and the head woman pointed at me and went 'JUST GO'. RUDE AS F*CK B*TCH. What a waste of time!

Absolute joke doing this for the first time at our 55th Premier League home match!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 21:40]
student tickets on 21:26 - Apr 13 with 3437 viewsJBT95

End of thread.

Very harsh. I assume you are an adult season ticket holder?

How about if they refused entry into the ground unless you could prove you are not somebody who is banned from football stadia?

PLUS as an ST holder you need to show you are student to get the bloody thing!
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 21:40]
student tickets on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 3409 viewsSTEVE1

student tickets on 21:21 - Apr 13 by MorSwan

This was due to new management apparently. I was with a friend, who happens to be a student as well who didn't have his card on him today so we had to go to the ticket office.

It specifies when purchasing a season ticket that upon collection, it must be shown to prove that you're a student. That is that. The club have made a massive mistake by handing out student tickets to people without this proof. Students have never been told to bring their cards to every game and they shouldn't have to.

We are a joke of a club off the field. This was an awful thing to do. They waited until the turnstiles to notify people to sort this out. They should of made everybody aware prior to the game via email or post, not how they did so.

That is exactly how I see it I have 2 boys in 6th form they have been season ticket holders since they were 7 neither of them have a student card as you say at the beginning of the year they got a letter off the school to say the would be in full time education no mention of a student card. I am not sure how we manage now but the school is now closed for 2 weeks I will go down there in the morning to speak to somebody I just need to keep my cool.
student tickets on 21:32 - Apr 13 with 3393 viewsChief

to enforce such petty a rule such as this, this late into the season on a day with a game beginning with a minutes silence is faacking mental, insensitive and stupid.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

student tickets on 21:37 - Apr 13 with 3380 views3swan

student tickets on 21:32 - Apr 13 by Chief

to enforce such petty a rule such as this, this late into the season on a day with a game beginning with a minutes silence is faacking mental, insensitive and stupid.

Just about sums it up.
student tickets on 21:38 - Apr 13 with 3373 viewsSTEVE1

student tickets on 21:32 - Apr 13 by Chief

Fair enough if they think they have got a problem that the system is being abused put something in place but communicate this is happening it is not rocket science the old saying they could not run a p-ss up in a brewery could not be more apt.
student tickets on 21:40 - Apr 13 with 3344 viewsjunior_jack

I struggle to see why ticketing is still such a big issue within the club, they've had an awful long time to get it right. The one time I produced my student card unprompted and the steward gave me some sarky comment so I haven't bothered since. To make things worse I was sold a pair of duplicate tickets during for the Norwich game. The matching tickets belonged to a father and son, it was their first trip to the liberty. I hope they weren't put off.
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 21:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024