Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New climate change evidence 20:51 - Apr 16 with 1155 viewsCatullus

http://blueandgreentomorrow.com/2014/04/14/new-study-99-9-certain-climate-change

Well then, guess I'll have to rethink. But then, the evidence only foes back to the 1880's and there were huge extremes of climate change long before that.
Maybe I'm overly cynical about it but I just think too many people are acting out of self interest!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

New climate change evidence on 21:45 - Apr 16 with 1118 viewsGowerjack

There'll be a right winger along in a minute to rxplain how it's all a commie conspiracy...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

New climate change evidence on 22:38 - Apr 16 with 1080 viewsLord_Bony

“We’ve had a fluctuation in average temperature that’s just huge since 1880 — on the order of about 0.9C”, he added.

We ve had much bigger variations of the earths surface temperature previous to 1880 before man started to contribute..

its bollox....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

New climate change evidence on 22:44 - Apr 16 with 1075 viewssingalongajack

3 or 4 thousand years ago they used to wear loincloths in scotland
explain me that
(tip, never go to scotland in a loicloth)
New climate change evidence on 06:38 - Apr 17 with 1036 viewsDr_Winston

May be a worthwhile study or not, but the guy who did it sounds a bit too "Woo! Look at me sticking it to the deniers!" to be taken particularly seriously.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New climate change evidence on 17:05 - Apr 17 with 977 viewscontroversial_jack

0.9C increase in almost 140 years, wow! There's no new evidence here, just more of the same
New climate change evidence on 18:28 - Apr 17 with 955 viewsLeonisGod

Except this isn't talking about just back to the 1880s. It's saying that from the 1880s the changes have been greater and rapid than anything seen before in the proxy records (tree rings and ice cores, which go back 10's of thousands of years).

So you're being cynical and getting the wrong end of the stick.
New climate change evidence on 19:07 - Apr 17 with 937 viewscontroversial_jack

New climate change evidence on 18:28 - Apr 17 by LeonisGod

Except this isn't talking about just back to the 1880s. It's saying that from the 1880s the changes have been greater and rapid than anything seen before in the proxy records (tree rings and ice cores, which go back 10's of thousands of years).

So you're being cynical and getting the wrong end of the stick.

I would like to see tangible evidence of warming. Sea levels rising; they have not, The Maldives sinking ; they are building more seafront accommodation. Polar bear colonies receding; they are at their highest numbers for decades. Himalyan glaciers receding ; some are, some are growing. Polar sea ice receding , last year it had increased significantly and Antarctica getting colder .Earth's temp rising ; it's cooled since 1998
New climate change evidence on 20:42 - Apr 17 with 917 viewslibertine

in the 70s the greens were viewed as the dope smoking hippy party, maybe they still are.

but every major political party excepting ukip and bnp accept that its happening and have a green environmental section.

the people in the alps especially the old ones say there is a big difference in the climate there over the past 50 years or so.

are we still laughing at the hippys?
Even the US accepts its happening.
Login to get fewer ads

New climate change evidence on 21:57 - Apr 17 with 896 viewsLeonisGod

New climate change evidence on 19:07 - Apr 17 by controversial_jack

I would like to see tangible evidence of warming. Sea levels rising; they have not, The Maldives sinking ; they are building more seafront accommodation. Polar bear colonies receding; they are at their highest numbers for decades. Himalyan glaciers receding ; some are, some are growing. Polar sea ice receding , last year it had increased significantly and Antarctica getting colder .Earth's temp rising ; it's cooled since 1998

There's evidence for the vast majority of those points. Most of the points there that appear contrary to the trend are because they are very brief snapshots (so annual or so fluctuations). The trends are undeniable though.
New climate change evidence on 22:07 - Apr 17 with 892 viewsswansRus

New climate change evidence on 21:57 - Apr 17 by LeonisGod

There's evidence for the vast majority of those points. Most of the points there that appear contrary to the trend are because they are very brief snapshots (so annual or so fluctuations). The trends are undeniable though.

the biggest absorber of CO2 are phytoplankton in the oceans - they die, sink and lock it in - new research has shown that as sea temperatures increase so does their ability to absorb CO2 - a self regulatory mechanism that has got no publicity whatsoever

every doom laden report has had to be 'adjusted' as facts usurp theories
New climate change evidence on 22:52 - Apr 17 with 877 viewsCatullus

New climate change evidence on 22:07 - Apr 17 by swansRus

the biggest absorber of CO2 are phytoplankton in the oceans - they die, sink and lock it in - new research has shown that as sea temperatures increase so does their ability to absorb CO2 - a self regulatory mechanism that has got no publicity whatsoever

every doom laden report has had to be 'adjusted' as facts usurp theories

So it's the sea we need to worry about? And it's not CO2 that's killing the sea.
It's pollution from factories, illegal dumping of waste and over fishing which is disrupting the eco system, is that right?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

New climate change evidence on 23:10 - Apr 17 with 864 viewsswansRus

New climate change evidence on 22:52 - Apr 17 by Catullus

So it's the sea we need to worry about? And it's not CO2 that's killing the sea.
It's pollution from factories, illegal dumping of waste and over fishing which is disrupting the eco system, is that right?

it is the sea, or rather the organisms in it that is helping us out - by sucking CO2 out of the atmosphere

ironically, phytoplankton love the organic crap we pump into the sea - , this is part of the cause of algae blooms -(only 2% of this is the harmful kind which kills fish) - so generally speaking the more we pollute the sea with organic waste (not chemical or plastic), the more ocean life (as plankton is bottom of food chain), -

earth will sort itself out
New climate change evidence on 10:51 - Apr 18 with 821 viewscontroversial_jack

New climate change evidence on 21:57 - Apr 17 by LeonisGod

None at all!
New climate change evidence on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 814 viewsLeonisGod

New climate change evidence on 10:51 - Apr 18 by controversial_jack

None at all!

Ah, but there is. Even in Wales you see. But it doesn't make the Daily Mail, so people aren't aware of it.
New climate change evidence on 16:04 - Apr 18 with 788 viewscontroversial_jack

New climate change evidence on 10:51 - Apr 18 by controversial_jack

None at all!

So, the Maldives not sinking and Polar bears having their greatest number since the 50s is a brief trend.All those isssues were certain to happen, but have not.
New climate change evidence on 19:57 - Apr 18 with 759 viewsyescomeon

May get in trouble but if anyone wants a look at the paper I have the pdf, pm me.

Upthecity!

New climate change evidence on 21:32 - Apr 18 with 741 viewsCatullus

I still think chopping down the rainforests and polluting the sea Whilst over fishing are having a bigger effect than CO2.
Scientists used to believe the earth was flat, bad smells caused illnesses and epilepsy was demonic possession.
They can be wrong!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024