Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Boulevard project 08:48 - Apr 19 with 1457 viewsJackfath

I drove down from the East side towards Mumbles earlier this week and it was my first experience of the Boulevard project which has seen huge investment from our council recently.

I couldn't believe what a waste of money this is. How exactly has it improved the area? What are the positives?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Boulevard project on 17:45 - Apr 19 with 395 viewsCatullus

Our councils have always been short sighted.

We need the Mumbles train back and we need the system expanded, it could go a lot further than just the town centre.
The Boulevard should always have included putting the main road underground, the whole area should actually be what they once envisaged, a cafe quarter.
The Kingsway, it's been dying for years. It used to glorious....long before my time but apparently it was.
Out town planners and councillors have been awful.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Boulevard project on 18:35 - Apr 19 with 367 viewsDyfnant

Other than the east side bendy bus, I can think of little of worse use than a mumbles fcuking tram.
Also shite is rejuvenating the bloody high street, sweet Jesus clueless plebs

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Boulevard project on 09:48 - Apr 20 with 317 viewsUxbridge

The Boulevard project on 09:53 - Apr 19 by Dr_Winston

The bendy bus service (hospital to hospital) is an excellent idea. They could have achieved it with some nice new double deckers rather than tear up the road though.

As for the boulevard, it's a half arsed fix to a long term problem. They'd have been better off moving large chunks of Oystermouth Road underground instead.

Aye totally agree. Would have made much more sense

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Boulevard project on 10:20 - Apr 20 with 297 viewsEdmundo

5m+ to build a platform at Landore and re signal the area.

Can't see any more public money for a scheme like this!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Boulevard project on 10:46 - Apr 20 with 276 viewssketty_jack

"How is the project funded?
The scheme from the Tawe Bridges to Princess Way is being made possible thanks to funding from various sources including the European Regional Development Fund, the Welsh Assembly Government’s Strategic Regeneration Area (SRA) programme, The South West Wales Integrated Transport Consortium (SWWITCH) and Private funding sources."

"Funding for these schemes is ring-fenced and time-bound which means it can only be spent on this project"

Quotes off www.swanseacitycentre.com.

I think it's tidied up a key gateway to Swansea and certainly improved pedestrian/cycling links to the waterfront so can't complain really. Realistically thats as good as it gets cos the costs to sink Oystermouth Road would be astronomical.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024