Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Expansion 20:18 - Apr 19 with 7702 viewsLord_Bony

Should we now be getting the builders in?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Stadium Expansion on 22:21 - May 21 with 1257 viewsDyfnant

Stadium Expansion on 21:15 - May 21 by Brynmill_Jack

You can get an all day ticket for £4.50 ish . Bus to town then jump on the bendy bus to paradise !

It'd probably take about 2 hours.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Stadium Expansion on 23:08 - May 21 with 1180 viewsNaughty71

Stadium Expansion on 22:21 - May 21 by Dyfnant

It'd probably take about 2 hours.

It pretty much does.

I live in the Mumbles, if I buy an all day ticket, you normally have to wait 10 minutes for the bus and then the bus takes half an hour to get into the Quadrant. Then you normally have a 20-30 minute wait for the connecting bus to take you to the stadium, which also takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Nightmare. So I normally don't bother. Take the motorbike, park in my works in Siemens Way, walk over, 30 mins tops.

"Who scored that Naughty?", "I don't know, I've forgotten my bl**dy glasses again!".

Stadium Expansion on 23:27 - May 21 with 1164 viewsBanosswan

Get on the bendy at Singleton hospital, sit at the back and put your feet up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Stadium Expansion on 23:53 - May 21 with 1144 viewsDyfnant

Stadium Expansion on 23:08 - May 21 by Naughty71

It pretty much does.

I live in the Mumbles, if I buy an all day ticket, you normally have to wait 10 minutes for the bus and then the bus takes half an hour to get into the Quadrant. Then you normally have a 20-30 minute wait for the connecting bus to take you to the stadium, which also takes about 20-30 minutes depending on the traffic.

Nightmare. So I normally don't bother. Take the motorbike, park in my works in Siemens Way, walk over, 30 mins tops.

Innit. I'd rather walk home with a stone in my shoe

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Stadium Expansion on 00:13 - May 22 with 1123 viewsNeathJack

Build a monorail linking the stadium to a large car park by J45 and the city centre all the way down to LC2 and onto Mumbles.

Would cost a fortune granted but would solve all transport problems and be a huge tourist attraction following the route of the old Mumbles railway along the seafront.

Job done
Stadium Expansion on 06:43 - May 22 with 1046 viewsMattG

Stadium Expansion on 00:13 - May 22 by NeathJack

Build a monorail linking the stadium to a large car park by J45 and the city centre all the way down to LC2 and onto Mumbles.

Would cost a fortune granted but would solve all transport problems and be a huge tourist attraction following the route of the old Mumbles railway along the seafront.

Job done

You are Lyle Lanley and I claim my free monorail conductor's hat.

Stadium Expansion on 06:50 - May 22 with 1040 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium Expansion on 21:00 - May 21 by Dyfnant

Personally I see the buses being very little use to anyone living West of Sketty but if it gets the travel plan agreed carry on

Public transport to the stadium is basically useless unless you live somewhere near Neath Road. Anywhere else, forget it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium Expansion on 07:41 - May 22 with 988 viewsUxbridge

Stadium Expansion on 06:50 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Public transport to the stadium is basically useless unless you live somewhere near Neath Road. Anywhere else, forget it.

It's an infrastructure issue rather than facilities though. Hopefully the bypass actually happens this time.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Expansion on 08:02 - May 22 with 967 viewsjacksinceever

Stadium Expansion on 06:50 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Agree. Got myself a lift down one day, and said I'd make my own way home.
In my mind I thought I'd walk along Neath Road towards Monkeytown, catch a bus to the cross, catch another bus to Skewen. Simples.
Needless to say no buses passed me.
As it was a lovely day, I didn't mind walking a bit. one and a half hours later, I arrived home after the Long Walk Home.
In retrospect I'd have been better walking to Swansea and catching a bus to Quadrant and then one to Skewen.
Takes me ten minutes to drive in the car from Liberty to home (traffic allowing) Crazy
Stadium Expansion on 10:28 - May 22 with 890 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium Expansion on 07:41 - May 22 by Uxbridge

It's an infrastructure issue rather than facilities though. Hopefully the bypass actually happens this time.

Thee aren't really any buses that go directly from the stadium to any parts of the city other than the centre and Morriston/Clydach/Ponty/Ystrad. You might be able to walk over to the Enterprise Zone or Trallwn/Winchwen and get one from there, but not many of them and probably none at all in the evenings or on Sundays.

Hard to avoid the conclusion that First don't really care. Especially after the shambles that was the airshow a couple of years ago. 40,000 people descending on the seafront and not one single extra bus laid on to deal with demand.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stadium Expansion on 10:30 - May 22 with 881 viewsUxbridge

Stadium Expansion on 10:28 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Thee aren't really any buses that go directly from the stadium to any parts of the city other than the centre and Morriston/Clydach/Ponty/Ystrad. You might be able to walk over to the Enterprise Zone or Trallwn/Winchwen and get one from there, but not many of them and probably none at all in the evenings or on Sundays.

Hard to avoid the conclusion that First don't really care. Especially after the shambles that was the airshow a couple of years ago. 40,000 people descending on the seafront and not one single extra bus laid on to deal with demand.

First is a private company isn't it. Not their job to care. The connections to the city are the profitable ones, or at least the most used. Not sure anyone wants to subsidise random criss-crossing of the city.

The problem with Swansea is that all roads lead to the city centre.

Stadium Expansion on 10:43 - May 22 with 870 viewsairedale

Stadium Expansion on 10:28 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Bloody hot too! On he second day we waited at the top of Finsbury Terrace (steep hill up from the Cricks) to watch the Red Arrows coming over, woosh! The Townhill lot had a treat too with the Lanc flying around.
Stadium Expansion on 10:45 - May 22 with 867 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium Expansion on 10:30 - May 22 by Uxbridge

First is a private company isn't it. Not their job to care. The connections to the city are the profitable ones, or at least the most used. Not sure anyone wants to subsidise random criss-crossing of the city.

The problem with Swansea is that all roads lead to the city centre.

It's a rare private company that can afford to ignore thousands of potential customers.

You're not wrong about all roads leading to the centre though.

Stadium Expansion on 10:59 - May 22 with 856 viewscontroversial_jack

It's even worse for night games
Stadium Expansion on 11:09 - May 22 with 851 viewsDr_Winston

Stadium Expansion on 10:43 - May 22 by airedale

Bloody hot too! On he second day we waited at the top of Finsbury Terrace (steep hill up from the Cricks) to watch the Red Arrows coming over, woosh! The Townhill lot had a treat too with the Lanc flying around.

Didn't notice so much last year because I walked home, but the one before that was crazy. Dozens of people left at stop after stop because the few buses that were running were all full.

Stadium Expansion on 11:16 - May 22 with 843 viewsairedale

Stadium Expansion on 11:09 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

Didn't notice so much last year because I walked home, but the one before that was crazy. Dozens of people left at stop after stop because the few buses that were running were all full.

We parked up on Gower Road, and I'm lucky if I want to drink 'cos Wasser drives. Transport is a shambles though, just look at the railways when there' Sunday games and they're doing maintenance etc.
Stadium Expansion on 11:24 - May 22 with 840 viewsUxbridge

Stadium Expansion on 10:45 - May 22 by Dr_Winston

It's a rare private company that can afford to ignore thousands of potential customers.

You're not wrong about all roads leading to the centre though.

Oh I agree. There's money to be made there. At least on a matchday.

Stadium Expansion on 12:06 - May 22 with 792 viewsLeonisGod

Stadium Expansion on 20:51 - Apr 19 by JackTheLad

This is quite amusing.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=139988

Amusing in that it highlights how rubbish we've been at doing anything? Hilarious.

It's odds on our time in this league is limited, so each year that passes by is another year's income lost. As others have said the builders should have been in 2 years ago if the club's talk about waiting lists is to be believed.
Stadium Expansion on 12:23 - May 22 with 767 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium Expansion on 10:43 - May 22 by airedale

Had a great view IN THE SEA of the display with the family..like being in the Med...fantastic day.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Stadium Expansion on 12:34 - May 22 with 747 viewsairedale

Stadium Expansion on 12:23 - May 22 by Lord_Bony

Had a great view IN THE SEA of the display with the family..like being in the Med...fantastic day.

In the sea? Guess I'll have to call you Bob from now on......
Stadium Expansion on 12:48 - May 22 with 725 viewsLord_Bony

Yeah...ok...
[Post edited 22 May 2014 12:52]

Stadium Expansion on 12:53 - May 22 with 709 viewsairedale

Sorry. Seriously though, I was watching those boats out there and wondering whether it was a bit scary. When the acrobatics planes were doing their stuff, and at the end when that death machine came roaring across?
Stadium Expansion on 12:59 - May 22 with 696 viewsLord_Bony

Stadium Expansion on 12:53 - May 22 by airedale

Sorry. Seriously though, I was watching those boats out there and wondering whether it was a bit scary. When the acrobatics planes were doing their stuff, and at the end when that death machine came roaring across?

Ah you mean the euro fighter 2000 Typhoon.....death machine...lol

Yeah little boy was nt nt too impressed with that,all the kids around started crying when the afterburners came on....

Been to many airshows over the years but that is the best view ever..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024