Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today 10:28 - May 11 with 4228 viewsBrockley_Jack

Based upon media coverage alone...
Can you name it?
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:29 - May 11 with 3205 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bradford fire.

Poll: Tory leader

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:31 - May 11 with 3193 viewsJackfath

What a bizarre quiz.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:44 - May 11 with 3137 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ibrox?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:52 - May 11 with 3109 viewsraynor94

It's valley parade, but I agree with jackfath a strange quiz

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:54 - May 11 with 3099 viewsPrivate_Partz

Was going to say Heysel but I thought it was later in May.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:58 - May 11 with 3088 viewsCatullus

I know the answer. It was my 18th birthday, how could I forget what happened on my 18th birthday?

Strange way to bring it up though!

I remember going back to the pub after the game and all of us sat there watching the tv, horrified.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 12:40 - May 11 with 2967 viewsangryjack

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:58 - May 11 by Catullus

I know the answer. It was my 18th birthday, how could I forget what happened on my 18th birthday?

I remember going back to the pub after the game and all of us sat there watching the tv, horrified.

cant remember fuk all about my 18th wasnt sober enough
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 12:44 - May 11 with 2953 viewsbermudajack

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 12:40 - May 11 by angryjack

cant remember fuk all about my 18th wasnt sober enough

I remember the Bradford fire,

I had a stark reminder of it when I attended a fire training course with the Fire Brigade in the 90's

They showed graphic video evidence of how the fire started and the speed of which it spread

A shocking thing to happen

RIP to the Bradford & Lincoln fans that perished that day...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 12:44 - May 11 with 2953 viewsTheArtChappy

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:31 - May 11 by Jackfath

What a bizarre quiz.

I think he's implying that there's it ain't been talked about like other tragedies

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 12:47 - May 11 with 2945 viewsorion3016

bradford fire

there was something on bbc a few months back, there was a survivor who met up with another fan who saved him, great story of human help

Be over there now after

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:37 - May 11 with 2817 viewsDarran

Very strange how there was no black armbands and minute silences today.

Very strange indeed.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:39 - May 11 with 2803 viewsperchrockjack

I remember having a bitter row with a smoker who thought it wrong to ban smoking in stadia.smoking killed those people

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:39 - May 11 with 2796 viewsJackfath

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:39 - May 11 by perchrockjack

I remember having a bitter row with a smoker who thought it wrong to ban smoking in stadia.smoking killed those people

I thought it was the fire.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:41 - May 11 with 2792 views3swan

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:37 - May 11 by Darran

Very strange how there was no black armbands and minute silences today.

Very strange indeed.

Next year as it will be 30 years?
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:41 - May 11 with 2785 viewsperchrockjack

Caused by ....

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:45 - May 11 with 2763 viewsDarran

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:41 - May 11 by 3swan

Next year as it will be 30 years?

Don't we have one every year for Hillsborough ?

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:48 - May 11 with 2745 views3swan

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:45 - May 11 by Darran

Don't we have one every year for Hillsborough ?

If we have I've missed them.
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:48 - May 11 with 2732 viewsDarran

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:48 - May 11 by 3swan

If we have I've missed them.

Ok then.

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:49 - May 11 with 2725 viewsNeathJack

That was the day we beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 at the Vetch with an injury time Derek Parlane penalty 6 days before drawing 0-0 with Bristol City to stay up. Not sure why that sticks in the memory.

I was only 11 at the time but remember thinking at the time how easily that could have been the Centre Stand going up in flames.

RIP.
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:50 - May 11 with 2702 viewsJackfath

The video of it is on Youtube. It's harrowing viewing.

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:52 - May 11 with 2702 views3swan

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:49 - May 11 by NeathJack

That was the day we beat Bristol Rovers 3-2 at the Vetch with an injury time Derek Parlane penalty 6 days before drawing 0-0 with Bristol City to stay up. Not sure why that sticks in the memory.

I was only 11 at the time but remember thinking at the time how easily that could have been the Centre Stand going up in flames.

RIP.

Brings back memories.

The policeman with his hair on fire etc

Feel sick just thinking about it
It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 21:55 - May 11 with 2682 viewsCooperman

I've seen the memorial at Valley Parade on a few occasions and it's quite moving. There are several groups of fans with the same surname and therefore likely to have come from the same family. If I'm not mistaken there was one family who lost four of its members. An absolute tragedy that should be remembered each year.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 22:15 - May 11 with 2635 viewsCooperman

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 10:58 - May 11 by Catullus

Happy birthday David.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 22:29 - May 11 with 2590 viewsLord_Bony

Soon be the anniversary of the Heysel stadium disaster...hard to belive nearly 30 years ago...I remember it like yesterday...big memories for Liverpool again...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

It's the anniversary of an infamous football stadium disaster today on 09:54 - May 12 with 2444 viewsperchrockjack

These disasters somehow summed up the troubles 80s.
Something needed to be done and attitudes had to change.
The fact they did is the good that came out of it all.

Its now incredible to think that people smoked in a stadium and chucked away a smouldering cigarette butt .This killed 56 people.

And yet some still try to have a crafty fag in the toilets

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024