Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf cost us £15m 10:08 - May 21 with 5933 viewswhiterock

why would Swansea listen to offers of £18-£20m as reported in the Sunday Papers

Wilf cost us £15m on 12:22 - May 21 with 3427 viewsUxbridge

They wouldn't. Only eejits think we would.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Wilf cost us £15m on 12:25 - May 21 with 3413 viewsLeonisGod

£15m?
Wilf cost us £15m on 12:34 - May 21 with 3385 viewsdameedna

Wilf cost us £15m on 12:25 - May 21 by LeonisGod

£15m?

20M is almost double the 12m paid
tidy profit for most clubs
but we have no replacement with Michu out
so we are going to have to hang on to him
might have a harder second season
Wilf cost us £15m on 12:40 - May 21 with 3345 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wilf cost us £15m on 12:34 - May 21 by dameedna

I suspect the total amount of money involved in the Wilf deal far exceeds £12m.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wilf cost us £15m on 13:46 - May 21 with 3176 viewswhiterock

It was £15m, £12m was a figure in the press to keep some pressure off Wilf
Wilf cost us £15m on 13:47 - May 21 with 3175 viewsNatterjack

The fact that Bony has scored against all the top clubs will put a lot more on his price tag.

Last season he was a potential Premier League scorer, now he's a proven one - £25m or forget it
Wilf cost us £15m on 13:51 - May 21 with 3161 viewswhiterock

£25m with achievable add ons
Wilf cost us £15m on 13:56 - May 21 with 3143 viewsicecoldjack

Well his signing on bonus must have been huge then because huw said his wages were within our wage structure !

There. Arnt many 15m quid footballers out there earning 35k a week

Anyway, he has already paid back the money by keeping us in the premier league, he is our best striker bordering on world class and he is also our best defender ! He is worth a crazy amount of money IMO at least to us .

I hope wilf gives us another season and keeps us up then he can get his move .
Login to get fewer ads

Wilf cost us £15m on 13:59 - May 21 with 3135 viewsGowerjack

Wilf cost us £15m on 12:34 - May 21 by dameedna

Maths not your strong point then son?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:00 - May 21 with 3133 viewswhiterock

I don't think anyone wants Wilf to move on but if he does, we all want the best possible price, that's why I want him to score a hat full at the World Cup

£30m
Wilf cost us £15m on 14:06 - May 21 with 3120 viewsHighjack

When you're talking about profit you gotta take into account how much we'll have to fork out for a player of equal standard to replace them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:08 - May 21 with 3114 viewsdameedna

Wilf cost us £15m on 13:59 - May 21 by Gowerjack

Maths not your strong point then son?

could be
Wilf cost us £15m on 14:26 - May 21 with 3069 viewsLohengrin

His goals kept us up. Without Wilf there to lead the line come August who's to say we may not "do a Cardiff?"

There's no need to sell. So don't.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:37 - May 21 with 3052 viewsUxbridge

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:26 - May 21 by Lohengrin

His goals kept us up. Without Wilf there to lead the line come August who's to say we may not "do a Cardiff?"

Amen.

If someone big comes in then so long as they stump up the cash he can leave. If not then no way.

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:53 - May 21 with 3027 viewsereksten

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:26 - May 21 by Lohengrin

Been hearing that his goals kept us up a lot, though it's not true. If you "delete" all the goals Bony scored or assisted throughout the season, we'd still not have been relegated. Those goals made a difference of 7 points (none against the bottom three) in the PL, and only 2 points before the last 4 matches. Nearly all his goals were in matches we either lost anyway or won by a larger margin.

I still want him to stay, but am hoping he'll score a few more in the tight matches as well next season.

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Wilf cost us £15m on 15:05 - May 21 with 3004 viewsIAN05

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:53 - May 21 by ereksten

Been hearing that his goals kept us up a lot, though it's not true. If you "delete" all the goals Bony scored or assisted throughout the season, we'd still not have been relegated. Those goals made a difference of 7 points (none against the bottom three) in the PL, and only 2 points before the last 4 matches. Nearly all his goals were in matches we either lost anyway or won by a larger margin.

I still want him to stay, but am hoping he'll score a few more in the tight matches as well next season.

Just because his goals or assists may not have been the winning goals in all games, you cannot ignore their significance.

His goals contributed to 9 points in the last 4 games alone. He is one of the huge reasons that we stayed up and not just for his goals either.
Wilf cost us £15m on 15:17 - May 21 with 2981 viewsSpratty

Interesting stat though that you could remove all his goals and assists and still stay up
v general consensus that Bony kept us up single handedly.

Does not make him any less valuable to us and he is good in defence too especially corners (actually Lita was also). Also holding up the ball and drawing defenders, but still interesting.

Also with another forward player instead, hopefully they would have added to the tally
Wilf cost us £15m on 16:06 - May 21 with 2906 viewscontroversial_jack

He scored 16 goals in the prem. That's not a huge amount. He needs to repeat it next season and prove he's not a one season wonder before we talk of extravagant prices for him
Wilf cost us £15m on 16:07 - May 21 with 2899 viewsDyfnant

Wilf cost us £15m on 14:53 - May 21 by ereksten

Did you actually watch us play live?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:12 - May 21 with 2880 viewsereksten

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:07 - May 21 by Dyfnant

Did you actually watch us play live?

As I responded to the statement "his goals alone kept us up", I hardly see why that matters.

Jack Army Norway (http://swanseacity.no/)

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:13 - May 21 with 2867 viewsTom1912

Wilf cost us £15m on 15:17 - May 21 by Spratty

Interesting stat though that you could remove all his goals and assists and still stay up
v general consensus that Bony kept us up single handedly.

Does not make him any less valuable to us and he is good in defence too especially corners (actually Lita was also). Also holding up the ball and drawing defenders, but still interesting.

Also with another forward player instead, hopefully they would have added to the tally

It's not an interesting stat-it's completely meaningless. That's not how football works. "If you remove that goal and assist, we'd have still beaten Villa 2-1". Since Christmas, Bony has been the difference.
Wilf cost us £15m on 16:16 - May 21 with 2852 viewsUxbridge

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:12 - May 21 by ereksten

As I responded to the statement "his goals alone kept us up", I hardly see why that matters.

It would mean something if you saw him play and saw the impact he has on the game. Anyone who thinks we'd have stayed up with Vazquez leading the line instead is bonkers.

Wilf cost us £15m on 17:51 - May 21 with 2740 viewsjohnlangy

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:06 - May 21 by controversial_jack

He scored 16 goals in the prem. That's not a huge amount. He needs to repeat it next season and prove he's not a one season wonder before we talk of extravagant prices for him

16 goals when he was played very sparingly in the first half of the season ? I think it's a fantastic return.

Of course, he's got to do it again next season but I don't see any reason why he won't. You could say that defenders will be more aware of him now. Well, they seemed to be very aware of him during the last 12/15 games or so but they couldn't do anything to stop him.
Wilf cost us £15m on 17:57 - May 21 with 2735 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I can't wait to see him back after a full and thorough pre season straining at the leash to start bullying centre halves, midfielders and goalkeepers. Now he's found his feet he's going to be immense !!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf cost us £15m on 18:16 - May 21 with 2701 viewsNatterjack

16 league goals not a huge amount? That's 1 goal behind Aguero and Rooney, level with Dzeco and Giroud and ahead of Premier League 'talents' such as Lukaku, Van Persie, ..etc,

As stated previously, when you consider his goal tally against the top defenders in the league it becomes even more impressive!

Why do we always look to knock players when they've done fantastically well? It's only a few years ago we were criticising our board for spending the huge sum of £35k on Paul Connor from Rochdale FFS. Now we have one of the best strikers in the country worth millions and some are not convinced.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024