Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27327 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:04 - Jun 22 with 8228 viewsSilverSurfer

only last week the Star was saying that Newcastle were offering Gomis £75k a week
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/384083/Newcastle-offer-former-Tottenha

if that's true then very unlikely we are in for him
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:28 - Jun 22 with 8081 viewsItchySphincter

In the current market we'd probably be looking at approx 30M combined for Michu and Bony; Gylfi and Gomis combined would probably cost us just over half that much so I can see this happening.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:46 - Jun 22 with 7962 viewsJackoBoostardo

Can't see it being the end of Bony yet, nor Michu.

But it would be interesting, and great, if we could get them in addition to our current strike force. A serious purchase for serious intent.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:50 - Jun 22 with 7933 viewsSilverSurfer

one positive is that Gomis is available on a Free so as long as he isn't looking for stupidly large wage then there could be something in this.

I still think we will want to hang on to Michu and Bony aswell
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:53 - Jun 22 with 7917 viewsMrSwerve

Unless we have something solid lined up for a striker coming in, we shouldn't listen to any offers for Bony. He has a contract, he is ours.

Last thing I want to see is Bony leave, and our talks break down with someone, leading us to sign another Shechter mkII on the last day of the transfer window.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:56 - Jun 22 with 7887 viewsairedale

We know Gylfi but we have no clue as to how Gomis will cope in the PL, so I wouldn't like to lose Bony.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 18:44 - Jun 22 with 7667 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

If we could bring both in as well as keep Bony and Michu, that would be give us some real quality depth up top.

Lots of sites now reporting that we are going to sign Gomis.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2014 18:51]

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:01 - Jun 22 with 7554 viewsSilverSurfer

seems like a lot of the online news journos are jumping on this one and saying that Gomis is coming to us

even the Toon blog has resigned themselves they are missing out on a player to us ..again

http://www.nufcblog.com/2014/06/22/newcatsle-miss-out-on-transfer-target/
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:04 - Jun 22 with 7525 viewsmagicdaps10

Picking up speed this Gomis to us story, seems like a lot of papers are running it tomorrow that he will sign for us this week.

This guy and his agent were asking for a massive wage and reports suggested that Newcastle were willing to pay 75k a week Two ways to look at this

1. Bony is on his way
2. Rather then pay 6.5M on a striker to back up/challenge Bony that they will pay this guy a good wage and a nice signing on fee.

Say we give him 75k a week then that works out 3.6m a year and at 3yrs works out 10.8m and a good signing on fee, lets say 3m........deal equals 13.8m appx.
If we got castaignas or Batsuayi then it would be 6/7M and a weekly wage of say 30k a year that works out 1.5m a year and over 3 years works out 4.5m a year.....deal equals 11.5m.
Whats a couple of million at this level!!?!??!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 22 with 7470 viewsTom1912

If Gomis signs, there's no way he'll be on £75k pw.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 22 with 7470 viewsSilverSurfer

one thing I liked was that Gomis's agent Willie McKay had said he was communicating with an ambitious Club President ..... Huw Jenkins, the Chairman of Swansea City.

and for those who said that no one would want to play for Garry Monk well...
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:13 - Jun 22 with 7437 viewsmagicdaps10

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 22 by Tom1912

If Gomis signs, there's no way he'll be on £75k pw.

I totally agree, don't think we would pay 75k but used my working out as a guidline from what was quoted on what Newcastle were reported to be willing to pay.

The maths was to show that signing a free agent who was asking a big wage could still be better than paying a fee for a player taking into account the wages aswell.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:14 - Jun 22 with 7430 viewsGeoffThom

Were's the story on both of these ,if Gylfi signs I'll do loop da loops
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:14 - Jun 22 with 7417 viewsblaine_scfc

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 22 by SilverSurfer

one thing I liked was that Gomis's agent Willie McKay had said he was communicating with an ambitious Club President ..... Huw Jenkins, the Chairman of Swansea City.

and for those who said that no one would want to play for Garry Monk well...

Let's see if the deal goes through before giving it large is it? Keeping Bony is an absolute priority.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:18 - Jun 22 with 7384 viewsSilverSurfer

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:14 - Jun 22 by blaine_scfc

Let's see if the deal goes through before giving it large is it? Keeping Bony is an absolute priority.

have faith young padawan the force is strong
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:59 - Jun 22 with 7104 viewsicecoldjack

Gomis as a replacement for Bony = not good.

Gomis as a back up to Bony = top marks to the board for showing ambition.

He scored 17 goals this season in the French league, a good record but hardly earth shattering, would be a good player along side Bony but not as a replacement IMO.

I suspect that the board will back their decision to give Monk the job by backing him with some silly money in the transfer market, Gomis would sound about right to me in that respect,same with fabianski.

IMO if we want to stay up we need to keep the likes of Bony and Michu (if fit ) sooner rather than later a big transfer gamble is gonna bite us on the arse, better the devil you know in this league .

Anyway, what ever happens happens, see what we put out on the field when the transfer window closes init .
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 7078 viewsScoobyWho

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:14 - Jun 22 by GeoffThom

Were's the story on both of these ,if Gylfi signs I'll do loop da loops

Take your pick, it's all over the net, and yes, I agree with ther posters, the signing on fee will be the clincher for a player on a free. No 75k a week.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:11 - Jun 22 with 7017 viewsJackFish

Think this would be a good signing but I can't imagine him wanting to play second fiddle to Bony, or that we'd want to spend a ton in wages for a backup striker. I know there's the ACON this season but if Gomis does come here I think Bony will be leaving.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:12 - Jun 22 with 6999 viewsJackfath

I can't see Michu going anywhere, not until he proves he's fit.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:25 - Jun 22 with 6906 viewsSwansNZ

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:12 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

I can't see Michu going anywhere, not until he proves he's fit.

and if he does, why would we want to sell

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:26 - Jun 22 with 6896 viewsSilverSurfer

I know im easily pleased but I cant help but love comments like this..
According to France Football, Gomis has received a three-year contract offer from Swansea and is edging towards signing for The Welsh Giants

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/06/22/swansea-move-to-close-transfer-net-around
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:28 - Jun 22 with 6875 viewsJackfath

Is this Gomis fella any good?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:30 - Jun 22 with 6851 viewsSilverSurfer

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:28 - Jun 22 by Jackfath

Is this Gomis fella any good?

probably not
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:34 - Jun 22 with 6810 viewshobo

Signing Gomis doesn't mean Bony is on his way imo.

Bony will be at the African Nations in the middle of the season, so we need a class striker to cover for him.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:39 - Jun 22 with 6758 viewsnyc_swans

i think, assuming we keep bony, gomis would get plenty of game time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024