Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 18:35 - Jul 12 with 8484 viewsUxbridge

Thought this deserved to be on the main board rather than hidden away.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/ticket-bundle-offer-1744644.aspx

Anyone planning to take up this generous offer?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:39 - Jul 12 with 6539 viewsJackfath

Generous? What would be the individual prices with these matches?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:42 - Jul 12 with 6509 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:39 - Jul 12 by Jackfath

Generous? What would be the individual prices with these matches?

45 + 35 + 35 .... oh

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:50 - Jul 12 with 6462 viewsjack_lord

£115 for three games. Just remind me, how much for a season ticket and all the trimmings that come with it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:53 - Jul 12 with 6437 viewsMattG

I know plenty of other clubs bundle tickets together like this and it's a sensible way of trying to maximise attendance at the less attractive fixtures so quite pleased to see us doing similar. Not sure if others offer a discount, though.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:54 - Jul 12 with 6431 viewsDyfnant

Bargain, saving by paying only 1 transaction fee of £1.50... perhaps

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:56 - Jul 12 with 6415 viewsjack_lord

Build a bigger frigging ground and then maybe more will pay 450 quid and get to see all the games instead off 400 and watching 12 (plus booking blwdy fee).

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 6405 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

£55 a ticket apparently

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 6406 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:53 - Jul 12 by MattG

I know plenty of other clubs bundle tickets together like this and it's a sensible way of trying to maximise attendance at the less attractive fixtures so quite pleased to see us doing similar. Not sure if others offer a discount, though.

Bundling makes sense. The pricing will be the thing that will be questioned.

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 6371 viewsMattG

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:57 - Jul 12 by Uxbridge

Bundling makes sense. The pricing will be the thing that will be questioned.

As I said, not sure if discounting bundles like this is common practice but can see the point of those who think they should be. I wouldn't suggest anything too drastic but maybe £100 for the 3 games would be better.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:07 - Jul 12 with 6330 viewsPhil_S

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 18:53 - Jul 12 by MattG

Bundling together less attractive fixtures with attractive ones makes perfect sense

Bundling them together with no discount for the purchaser is just plain stupid
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:07 - Jul 12 with 6326 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:01 - Jul 12 by MattG

As I said, not sure if discounting bundles like this is common practice but can see the point of those who think they should be. I wouldn't suggest anything too drastic but maybe £100 for the 3 games would be better.

Assuming 2000 tickets are available thats income of approx 230k. A drop to 100 quid only drops 30k in revenue.

100 would be fine with me, and it would least make things a little more manageable for those who find ticket prices way too high. But given the sums in play at the club this is absolute peanuts and there's plenty of scope to give things back IMO.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:09 - Jul 12 with 6315 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it's fair to say the fans who run the club are out of touch with the fans who support the club.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:10 - Jul 12 with 6310 viewsorion3016

Just reminds me of the value for money in our season tickets
Long may it continue

Be over there now after

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:11 - Jul 12 with 6299 viewsDevz00

This is quite worrying. I'm starting to dread what the new match day prices might be.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:19 - Jul 12 with 6252 viewsMattG

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:09 - Jul 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think it's fair to say the fans who run the club are out of touch with the fans who support the club.

Not sure I'd go quite that far but there does appear to be a worrying lack of awareness at Board level that ticket prices are now a much smaller piece of the income pie and can therefore be much more creatively managed without damaging the Club's finances.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:23 - Jul 12 with 6232 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:19 - Jul 12 by MattG

Not sure I'd go quite that far but there does appear to be a worrying lack of awareness at Board level that ticket prices are now a much smaller piece of the income pie and can therefore be much more creatively managed without damaging the Club's finances.

Oh I'm sure they're fully aware. But as long as 18,000 home fans can afford to turn up every week then the prices will only go up not down.

It does anger me that fans who have been attending for years if not decades are priced out. Hopefully enough people will complain soon enough and our beloved supporters director can relay the fans feelings to the board.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:56 - Jul 12 with 6105 viewsBonjour

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:23 - Jul 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oh I'm sure they're fully aware. But as long as 18,000 home fans can afford to turn up every week then the prices will only go up not down.

It does anger me that fans who have been attending for years if not decades are priced out. Hopefully enough people will complain soon enough and our beloved supporters director can relay the fans feelings to the board.

Is £35 too expensive to watch premier league football?
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:03 - Jul 12 with 6074 viewsDr_Winston

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 19:56 - Jul 12 by Bonjour

Is £35 too expensive to watch premier league football?

When the club could easily charge significantly less with no serious effect on income then yes. It is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:22 - Jul 12 with 6030 viewsBonjour

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:03 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

When the club could easily charge significantly less with no serious effect on income then yes. It is.

Most clubs "could" charge significantly less but don't. We want the best players, we want to compete, we want a bigger stadium etc - surely we have to be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for it?

I agree that some of the pricing (the Europa last year for example) is laughable but I think that's more from naivety/incompetence rather than trying to fleece the fans.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:27 - Jul 12 with 6006 viewsDr_Winston

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:22 - Jul 12 by Bonjour

Most clubs "could" charge significantly less but don't. We want the best players, we want to compete, we want a bigger stadium etc - surely we have to be prepared to pay a reasonable amount for it?

I agree that some of the pricing (the Europa last year for example) is laughable but I think that's more from naivety/incompetence rather than trying to fleece the fans.

We can do that without charging upwards of £40 a ticket.

And I disagree on Europe. The club thought that there would be more demand than there was and spotted an opportunity to make a few more quid and it backfired on them badly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:34 - Jul 12 with 5975 viewsBonjour

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:27 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

We can do that without charging upwards of £40 a ticket.

And I disagree on Europe. The club thought that there would be more demand than there was and spotted an opportunity to make a few more quid and it backfired on them badly.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Aye, naivety or incompetence. It keeps rearing its head on the pricing front.

£35 is about right I think. £40 plus is debateable. I'd pay it to watch my team(that I've watched strive to get here) against the top sides with a good chance of beating them.

But I understand others wouldn't.
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:19 - Jul 21 with 5718 viewsUxbridge

Anyway, I read that the public have snapped up the Three for the price of Three offer. All's well that ends well.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:07 - Jul 21 with 5577 viewslondonlisa2001

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 20:19 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Anyway, I read that the public have snapped up the Three for the price of Three offer. All's well that ends well.

Irrespective of the success of the offer (if as you say it's all gone) ticket prices is one area where I absolutely disagree with the current policy (for those who insist that I agree with everything that the club do).

I think charging £45 a ticket for cat A games in an area like Swansea is really really terrible. I know that the demand is sufficient to always sell them and I equally know that we can only charge away fans what we charge home fans, but I really don't care. I believe we should take a stand as a unique club in terms of supporter ownership and even though it'll cost us a few million over a season, we should make all tickets a max of £25 or £27 or similar (and we'd obviously need to reduce seasons a bit as well, although I think these are pretty good value). At the moment, I'm not sure people really buy seasons because of the discount anyway, but more because of the guaranteed seat, but I really would love it if we took a stance on this with the matchday tickets. I would hate to think that the only people who can now watch the Swans are the relatively wealthy - it's a community club and should reflect in my view the community it is part of (i.e. not Chelsea).
Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:12 - Jul 21 with 5548 viewsUxbridge

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:07 - Jul 21 by londonlisa2001

Irrespective of the success of the offer (if as you say it's all gone) ticket prices is one area where I absolutely disagree with the current policy (for those who insist that I agree with everything that the club do).

I think charging £45 a ticket for cat A games in an area like Swansea is really really terrible. I know that the demand is sufficient to always sell them and I equally know that we can only charge away fans what we charge home fans, but I really don't care. I believe we should take a stand as a unique club in terms of supporter ownership and even though it'll cost us a few million over a season, we should make all tickets a max of £25 or £27 or similar (and we'd obviously need to reduce seasons a bit as well, although I think these are pretty good value). At the moment, I'm not sure people really buy seasons because of the discount anyway, but more because of the guaranteed seat, but I really would love it if we took a stance on this with the matchday tickets. I would hate to think that the only people who can now watch the Swans are the relatively wealthy - it's a community club and should reflect in my view the community it is part of (i.e. not Chelsea).

I wholeheartedly agree.

Newcastle, West Brom, Arsenal ... £115 on 21:19 - Jul 21 with 5479 viewslonglostjack

Just seen this so maybe a knee-jerk reaction on my part but it smacks a bit of "smart marketing" that will eventually piss people off - like the buy one get one free type stuff. Ticket master sound a bit like Tesco - pity Aldi don't deal in tickets.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024