Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man United new kit deal 14:38 - Jul 14 with 3784 viewsJackSomething

Man United have signed a 10-year deal with Adidas to make their kits at a cost of £750m. That's only £40m less than the Glazers paid to buy the club!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444

The rest of us should be thanking the Glazers. If United hadn't been sold to them and they'd got their commercial side in gear like this, they'd have had more money to spend than Man City and Chelsea. Thankfully for the fans of other clubs, a lot of their money has had to be spent on servicing debts.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 14:38]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Man United new kit deal on 14:42 - Jul 14 with 3762 viewsUxbridge

Blimey.

£75m a year. Just from the kit maker. Not the sponsorship.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Man United new kit deal on 14:49 - Jul 14 with 3723 viewsTom1912

While true, the Glazers are responsible for the extra commercial income. I myself have criticised their leveraged buyout in the past but they have overseen a very successful spell for United and boosted the clubs income streams significantly.

The annual debt cost is down to £20m now too so I expect them to be a lot more competitive in the transfer market.
Man United new kit deal on 14:53 - Jul 14 with 3706 viewsKennedy

All this a season

£75m from Adidas (shirt)
£53m from Chevrolet (main sponsor)
£15m from Aon (training kit/ground)

And god knows what else.

If the glazers wanted to they could easy pay of the debt, which has reduced. But this is a mighty cash cow for them.

Just call me JFK

Man United new kit deal on 14:53 - Jul 14 with 3705 viewsJackSomething

Man United new kit deal on 14:49 - Jul 14 by Tom1912

While true, the Glazers are responsible for the extra commercial income. I myself have criticised their leveraged buyout in the past but they have overseen a very successful spell for United and boosted the clubs income streams significantly.

The annual debt cost is down to £20m now too so I expect them to be a lot more competitive in the transfer market.

I appreciate that, but surely someone at United would have had them looking at ways in improving their commercial income by now if they hadn't been taken over?

They could have hired the best people in the world to overhaul their commercial side and only spent a fraction of what's gone on their debts.

Frustrating for their fans, but lucky for the rest of us.

Man United new kit deal on 15:43 - Jul 14 with 3603 viewsMattG

Don't they also get something like £8m a year from DHL just for sponsoring their training kit?

If people ever need to ask what defines a big club, they should be pointed to this thread.
Man United new kit deal on 15:51 - Jul 14 with 3573 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wasn't their Nike contract a 13 year commitment?

So it was signed before the Glazers even took over the club? How is it the Glazers fault? Their first opportunity of negotiating a new kit deal and they have gotten £750m. They're doing pretty well if you ask me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Man United new kit deal on 16:04 - Jul 14 with 3547 viewsJackoBoostardo

Fukking obscene - it's what is wrong with the game.

Clubs like ManU will always be injected these funds which secures them the status at top of the table. Not every club is afforded this level of investment. It allows ManU to manipulate the stakes, but all the players they need and continue on the road as a marketing mammoth.

Anyone know what Swansea get by any chance? £749mill?

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Man United new kit deal on 16:08 - Jul 14 with 3536 viewsDarran

People only give the Glazers shit be because it's Man United.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Man United new kit deal on 16:08 - Jul 14 with 3535 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Man United new kit deal on 16:04 - Jul 14 by JackoBoostardo

Fukking obscene - it's what is wrong with the game.

Clubs like ManU will always be injected these funds which secures them the status at top of the table. Not every club is afforded this level of investment. It allows ManU to manipulate the stakes, but all the players they need and continue on the road as a marketing mammoth.

Anyone know what Swansea get by any chance? £749mill?

£2m a season I think.

If I was the marketing manager or whatever the job title is at GWFX I'd be delighted with that deal.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Man United new kit deal on 16:10 - Jul 14 with 3531 viewsJackSomething

Man United new kit deal on 15:51 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Wasn't their Nike contract a 13 year commitment?

So it was signed before the Glazers even took over the club? How is it the Glazers fault? Their first opportunity of negotiating a new kit deal and they have gotten £750m. They're doing pretty well if you ask me.

Who is saying this deal is the Glazers' fault? If anything they deserve great credit for it.

They deserve criticism for all the debt they loaded onto the club. I'm sure you know all about that.

Man United new kit deal on 16:17 - Jul 14 with 3514 viewsTom1912

Man United new kit deal on 16:08 - Jul 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

£2m a season I think.

If I was the marketing manager or whatever the job title is at GWFX I'd be delighted with that deal.

£2-£4m per season is about the going rate for mid to lower half PL clubs.
Man United new kit deal on 16:22 - Jul 14 with 3499 viewsshandyjack

in 2011 when we first went to Adiddas it was for £1.5m a season. Signed a new contract with them this year but i can't find figures for the cost of that and i would like to guess how much it was for but i guess was slightly more than the previous 1.5m a season deal.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 16:23]

Poll: Expectation for the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024