Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace after Shelvey 00:16 - Jul 21 with 13512 viewsLiberty

Hope we keep him personally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2699343/Swansea-agree-fee-Mars

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Palace after Shelvey on 09:19 - Jul 21 with 1787 viewsWarwickHunt

Palace after Shelvey on 09:05 - Jul 21 by blaine_scfc

If we let players like Shelvey go to Palace, who could well be a big rival next year, then we need to start wondering what the f*ck is going on...

No doubt this is bullsh*t though.

You'd like to think so.

It would be beyond mental to let Shelvey go anywhere unless we were offered seriously stupid money.

Nothing surprises me anymore though...
Palace after Shelvey on 09:22 - Jul 21 with 1773 viewsJACKARSE

Palace after Shelvey on 08:46 - Jul 21 by QuakerJack

This must be a joke? Palace? What the hell would he want to go there for?

London ........ roodboys init ....
Palace after Shelvey on 10:18 - Jul 21 with 1641 viewsJackSomething

Palace after Shelvey on 09:19 - Jul 21 by WarwickHunt

You'd like to think so.

It would be beyond mental to let Shelvey go anywhere unless we were offered seriously stupid money.

So far, you can understand the departures/likely departures.

We've trimmed some of the deadwood like Lita and N'Gog.
It's understandable that Davies wants to go to Spurs and we have Taylor.
With Fabianski signed, no surprise if Vorm wants to go.
Something was obviously wrong with Michu.

The most disappointing one so far was Hernandez, as he played very well under Monk. Then again, if he only had one season left on his contract and no long-term offer was on the table from us, you can't blame him for going for a last big pay-day in Qatar.

Shelvey would be a huge disappointment though. Especially in a sideways move to somewhere like Palace. He started to rebuild his reputation last year and more improvement this year means he'll have far bigger clubs interested in him.

No matter how positive people are, questions would have to be asked as to what's going in if Shelvey left too. Not that I think he will.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Palace after Shelvey on 10:21 - Jul 21 with 1628 viewsperchrockjack

Like him meself but cant see why Dwight gets this crap. Eh Lib? Posters slagging off posters

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Palace after Shelvey on 10:23 - Jul 21 with 1614 viewsicecoldjack

Palace after Shelvey on 01:10 - Jul 21 by Liberty

Agree

It's big boots to fill.

Canas tried but failed. No others in squad look close.

Back to Shelvey, lets keep. Why look to off load players with obvious talent.

Bit early to say canas failed IMO . It took leon about 4 yrs to learn the leon job correctly ! He has the advantage of automatically knowing where his players Will be on the pitch, canas had to learn that understanding .

Whoever comes in to play that role Will either need to be absolutly top class or have a very thick skin to take pelters from the leon fan club as he learns the job .

Leon is class in that position but its taken him years to Get there and build that level of competence, its the hardest part of our team to replace and almost impossible for anyone to come in and be compared on an equal footing.

I Think we need to have a bit of understanding towards what ever player ends up taking that job.

A bit like scotland coming in for trundle in terms of a lack of love and aprieciation !

Leon like rangel is starting to show signs of wear and tear, two critical positions that need to be looked at sooner rather than later.

If he could be taught better defensive understanding instead of going walkabout chico has the skills to play There but i dont Think disipline is a part of his game !
Palace after Shelvey on 10:31 - Jul 21 with 1580 viewsCatullus

Palace after Shelvey on 10:23 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

Bit early to say canas failed IMO . It took leon about 4 yrs to learn the leon job correctly ! He has the advantage of automatically knowing where his players Will be on the pitch, canas had to learn that understanding .

Whoever comes in to play that role Will either need to be absolutly top class or have a very thick skin to take pelters from the leon fan club as he learns the job .

Leon is class in that position but its taken him years to Get there and build that level of competence, its the hardest part of our team to replace and almost impossible for anyone to come in and be compared on an equal footing.

I Think we need to have a bit of understanding towards what ever player ends up taking that job.

A bit like scotland coming in for trundle in terms of a lack of love and aprieciation !

Leon like rangel is starting to show signs of wear and tear, two critical positions that need to be looked at sooner rather than later.

If he could be taught better defensive understanding instead of going walkabout chico has the skills to play There but i dont Think disipline is a part of his game !

I said last season to try Chico in cdm. If he goes missing there it's not quite so bad!
Shelvey has to stay.
If we do change formation (and it's probably time we did, we may have been worked out or very close to it) then it could well mean the cam role is used more sparingly. We could go 4312, 442 and least likely of all 352. But I think a change is coming.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Palace after Shelvey on 11:02 - Jul 21 with 1514 viewsicecoldjack

Palace after Shelvey on 10:31 - Jul 21 by Catullus

I said last season to try Chico in cdm. If he goes missing there it's not quite so bad!
Shelvey has to stay.
If we do change formation (and it's probably time we did, we may have been worked out or very close to it) then it could well mean the cam role is used more sparingly. We could go 4312, 442 and least likely of all 352. But I think a change is coming.

Yes i Think i remember you floating the chico option actually.

We just sacked a manager that was trying to progress our style but that seemed to be met with resistance in some areas, with our chairman stating that he felt our footballing principles were starting to be eroded.

I thought the whole idea of monk as manager was to retain our principles and systems which at the time i thought a bit daft as we were worked out good and proper on that front second half of Brendan s season.

Laudrup wanted it quicker through the middle to not give teams time to set defensively and
sometimes it worked well but with leon and a more comtrolled passing and posession game i dont see who we can change it too much.

IMO monk isnt stupid and his experiment against Southampton shows he wants something different i just hope its not a case of square pegs in round holes.

All intresting Stuff thats for sure !
Palace after Shelvey on 11:06 - Jul 21 with 1506 viewsBloodyhills

Palace after Shelvey on 00:18 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'd be happy to see him go.

I'm aware many will think this is a 'troll' post but it is not.

After a year with us I still don't think he suits our team.

I'd keep him. He offers the unexpected and is more dangerous to the opposing team than to us, which maybe wasn't the case early on.

It would be crazy to get rid of one of last season's better attacking options.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Palace after Shelvey on 11:16 - Jul 21 with 1471 viewsJACKARSE

Palace after Shelvey on 09:19 - Jul 21 by WarwickHunt

You'd like to think so.

]
Palace after Shelvey on 11:32 - Jul 21 with 1416 viewspencoedjack

Palace after Shelvey on 01:20 - Jul 21 by jackharris

My goodness you are a complete and utter c*nt! F*ck off and get yourself registered on the Man Utd Forum! Prick!

Well said that man
Palace after Shelvey on 11:47 - Jul 21 with 1365 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think the fact that Crystal Palace seem confident enough of attracting him that they are pursuing him suggests his talent is below what most on here believe it is.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:00 - Jul 21 with 1334 viewsMrSwerve

It would be utterly stupid to leave Shelvey go, we potentially have enough of our midfield on the way out as it is, and there's no guarantee that JDG will be back.

Shelvey is a promising young British player who has moments of brilliance…yes he has his bad moments too but he is young. If he wasn't a bit flawed, Liverpool wouldn't have let him go.

Personally I like him in our squad, he has some fight in him. To let him go to one of our rivals would be idiotic and I can't believe anyone would suggest to let him go.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:02 - Jul 21 with 1319 viewsJackSomething

Palace after Shelvey on 11:47 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think the fact that Crystal Palace seem confident enough of attracting him that they are pursuing him suggests his talent is below what most on here believe it is.

Except of course we have no proof that Palace are actually chasing him.

Also, just because Palace may be confident they could get him doesn't mean he's not that talented. Or are you suggesting that players only make sideways or downwards moves because they're not talented enough for the club they're leaving?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:04 - Jul 21 with 1311 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Palace after Shelvey on 12:02 - Jul 21 by JackSomething

Except of course we have no proof that Palace are actually chasing him.

Also, just because Palace may be confident they could get him doesn't mean he's not that talented. Or are you suggesting that players only make sideways or downwards moves because they're not talented enough for the club they're leaving?

Well Liverpool and the other 'big' teams certainly aren't interested in him, only the likes of bottomfeeders Crystal Palace.

He's a decent player. I don't deny that. I just don't believe he fits into our system.

Palace after Shelvey on 12:07 - Jul 21 with 1303 viewsMrSwerve

Palace after Shelvey on 12:04 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Well Liverpool and the other 'big' teams certainly aren't interested in him, only the likes of bottomfeeders Crystal Palace.

He's a decent player. I don't deny that. I just don't believe he fits into our system.

Bottomfeeders that finished above us...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:11 - Jul 21 with 1231 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Palace after Shelvey on 12:07 - Jul 21 by MrSwerve

Bottomfeeders that finished above us...

That is the fault of our board. We had a much much more talented squad. They waited too long to pull the trigger on Laudrup and then gave the job to a complete rookie.

Palace after Shelvey on 12:13 - Jul 21 with 1224 viewsJackSomething

Palace after Shelvey on 12:04 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Seeing as he only left Liverpool a season ago, it's not a huge surprise that they're not interested in him. Another season of improvement and I'm sure there will be interest.

Palace after Shelvey on 12:25 - Jul 21 with 1186 viewsAngelRangelQS

Anyone who doesn't see the benefits Shelvey brings to our side knows nothing about football. Simple as that.
Palace after Shelvey on 12:27 - Jul 21 with 1179 viewsTom1912

There was a period after Christmas last season when Shelvey was injured and our midfield looked noticeably worse.

We are a better side with him in our starting XI and there's noway we're going to sell him to Palace.
Palace after Shelvey on 12:29 - Jul 21 with 1167 viewsNeath_Jack

Palace after Shelvey on 12:25 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

Anyone who doesn't see the benefits Shelvey brings to our side knows nothing about football. Simple as that.

Dav, won't be happy with you. Respectfully.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:31 - Jul 21 with 1153 viewsJackFish

Palace after Shelvey on 11:02 - Jul 21 by icecoldjack

Yes i Think i remember you floating the chico option actually.

We just sacked a manager that was trying to progress our style but that seemed to be met with resistance in some areas, with our chairman stating that he felt our footballing principles were starting to be eroded.

I thought the whole idea of monk as manager was to retain our principles and systems which at the time i thought a bit daft as we were worked out good and proper on that front second half of Brendan s season.

Laudrup wanted it quicker through the middle to not give teams time to set defensively and
sometimes it worked well but with leon and a more comtrolled passing and posession game i dont see who we can change it too much.

IMO monk isnt stupid and his experiment against Southampton shows he wants something different i just hope its not a case of square pegs in round holes.

All intresting Stuff thats for sure !

"I thought the whole idea of monk as manager was to retain our principles and systems which at the time i thought a bit daft as we were worked out good and proper on that front second half of Brendan s season. "

That would be the second half of the season when we beat Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City, and won four away games, something which we didn't manage to all in the first half of that season. Sign me up for some more of that please.
Palace after Shelvey on 12:31 - Jul 21 with 1151 viewsCatullus

Palace after Shelvey on 12:11 - Jul 21 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That is the fault of our board. We had a much much more talented squad. They waited too long to pull the trigger on Laudrup and then gave the job to a complete rookie.

I must be mistaken then, I thought you had been a Laudrup fan and thought sacking him a mistake!!

I agree that Palace wanting Shelvey isn't a sign he's not good enough. They are not looking to downgrade their squad are they? They want better players.
And I find it insulting to them that you call them bottom feeders. Palace had some very good results after Pulis took over.
They only lost once in the last ten games, to Man City. And managed to beat Everton and Chelsea and draw with Liverpool.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Palace after Shelvey on 12:32 - Jul 21 with 1146 viewsJackfath

I see Mr Shelvey as a more talented Mr Pratley. Am I correct with this assessment?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:34 - Jul 21 with 1128 viewsNeath_Jack

Palace after Shelvey on 12:32 - Jul 21 by Jackfath

I see Mr Shelvey as a more talented Mr Pratley. Am I correct with this assessment?

*Much* more talented version.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Palace after Shelvey on 12:42 - Jul 21 with 1097 viewsC_jack

In the interest of balance if we're willing to let Ben go when someone offers up his 'market price' then why isn't that the same for Shelvey?

Shelvey is a better player higher up the pitch, and if we're getting Siggy in then there's no worry about replacing his goals. Would rather get a natural DM along Leon.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024