Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea Half Marathon 15:50 - Jul 21 with 1430 viewsymaohyd

Anyone do it yesterday? I did (the awful time of over 2hrs 18.)

Really enjoyed it, struggled in the heat. Didn't like the meandering last few miles around SA1.

Still an excellent first half though for the city. Well done to the organisers.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Swansea Half Marathon on 17:44 - Jul 21 with 1371 viewspremierjack

2 hrs 18??? We're you crawling?

Haha only joking, bet it was tough in the heat - well done
Swansea Half Marathon on 17:50 - Jul 21 with 1358 viewsC_jack

Managed 1.50, after getting over halfway in 50! Coming back down the front was like running in a sauna, and those last few miles into the marina were tough.

No time is awful when it comes to running that distance mate, a lot of people wouldn't entertain the thought of doing it.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Swansea Half Marathon on 17:52 - Jul 21 with 1353 viewsJackfath

As I reported yesterday, I am in full admiration of anyone who ran this wonderful event yesterday regardless of the time they completed it in. They were faster than those who find it easy to criticise.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea Half Marathon on 19:19 - Jul 21 with 1295 viewsBlasterJack

1:44 for me.
Great event just a bit of a shame those last two miles were a bit shite. I found all that back and fore around the SA1 dock soul destroying.

Nice to see Swansea finally get a half marathon though and I can see it going from strength to strength in future years.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Swansea Half Marathon on 20:24 - Jul 21 with 1249 viewspansypants

Very well done to all. It is gruelling and requires great dedication from the hardest of pros right through to beginner.

I just worry about your body creaking in later years.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2014 20:24]

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Swansea Half Marathon on 00:17 - Jul 22 with 1194 viewsymaohyd

Swansea Half Marathon on 17:50 - Jul 21 by C_jack

Managed 1.50, after getting over halfway in 50! Coming back down the front was like running in a sauna, and those last few miles into the marina were tough.

No time is awful when it comes to running that distance mate, a lot of people wouldn't entertain the thought of doing it.

Cheers. Slowest I've ever run a half.

Yes, the run back towards town was tough.

Any idea how they can make up the miles for the ending. They can't do that bit around SA1 again. Over the barrage bridge, along the prom and then over the sail bridge great, back and forth though wasn't good. Can't think what they can do though.

Swansea Half Marathon on 08:59 - Jul 22 with 1144 viewsBlasterJack

Swansea Half Marathon on 00:17 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Cheers. Slowest I've ever run a half.

Yes, the run back towards town was tough.

Any idea how they can make up the miles for the ending. They can't do that bit around SA1 again. Over the barrage bridge, along the prom and then over the sail bridge great, back and forth though wasn't good. Can't think what they can do though.

Possibly have the turn point in Bracelet Bay?
I think the organiser's hands were tied some what by the road closure restrictions placed on them.
Well done to all who took part, supported, marshalled and organised. Lovely day (less sun next year please!)

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Swansea Half Marathon on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 1127 viewsBatterseajack

Well done to Nicky Fran and his mate for organising this. It seemed the whole day went pretty slick and i was most grateful for the port-a-loo's in Blackpill! Its great that Swansea can hold events like this and hopefully it grows over the coming years.

My legs are still aching like f**k after this! It was my first run at this length, and only my third run of any kind this year but surprised myself with 1:41. I cycle a hell of a lot though, so for me it shows which sport is harder ;-)
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 10:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea Half Marathon on 11:49 - Jul 22 with 1079 viewsJackhero

My 1st half and I did it in 1hr 58 mins and I had trained and only hoped for a 2hr 5 min. Result.
I hope this event is repeated for years to come as I always said I would never do this kind of distance but now after completing this one I definitely will again.
I agree though that last part around SA1 was a bit tortuous, my times for these last few miles reflected that too.
Maybe a planet swans run team for next year?
Instead of the last miles being around SA1 maybe the start could be from the Liberty stadium down to mumbles and then finishing at the waterfront?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Swansea Half Marathon on 14:12 - Jul 22 with 1015 viewsC_jack

Swansea Half Marathon on 11:49 - Jul 22 by Jackhero

My 1st half and I did it in 1hr 58 mins and I had trained and only hoped for a 2hr 5 min. Result.
I hope this event is repeated for years to come as I always said I would never do this kind of distance but now after completing this one I definitely will again.
I agree though that last part around SA1 was a bit tortuous, my times for these last few miles reflected that too.
Instead of the last miles being around SA1 maybe the start could be from the Liberty stadium down to mumbles and then finishing at the waterfront?

Logistically I think it would have to start and finish in a similar area, otherwise you've got 2000 runners about 4 miles from their vehicles!

The mumbles is so run friendly though, any race in the city is going to be shaped around it. Think they could perhaps use Singleton park a bit more though.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Swansea Half Marathon on 14:37 - Jul 22 with 1006 viewsJackhero

Swansea Half Marathon on 14:12 - Jul 22 by C_jack

Logistically I think it would have to start and finish in a similar area, otherwise you've got 2000 runners about 4 miles from their vehicles!

The mumbles is so run friendly though, any race in the city is going to be shaped around it. Think they could perhaps use Singleton park a bit more though.

Other runs don't worry too much about the start finish points being close. e.g the London Marathon start finish points are not close to each other. The great north run. I'm sure there are others.
Not all runners drive themselves either. I had a lift there and back, I know others did too. I know Swansea isn't too clever with public transport but surely some kind of park and ride service would or could be made available on the day of the event.

Swansea Half Marathon on 14:54 - Jul 22 with 990 viewsymaohyd

Swansea Half Marathon on 09:59 - Jul 22 by Batterseajack

Well done to Nicky Fran and his mate for organising this. It seemed the whole day went pretty slick and i was most grateful for the port-a-loo's in Blackpill! Its great that Swansea can hold events like this and hopefully it grows over the coming years.

My legs are still aching like f**k after this! It was my first run at this length, and only my third run of any kind this year but surprised myself with 1:41. I cycle a hell of a lot though, so for me it shows which sport is harder ;-)
[Post edited 22 Jul 2014 10:00]

Yes well done to the organisers. Is Nicky Fran a Planet Swans poster?

I'm a bit thick are you saying running or cycling is harder?

Well done on a brilliant time.

Swansea Half Marathon on 15:13 - Jul 22 with 974 viewsymaohyd

Swansea Half Marathon on 11:49 - Jul 22 by Jackhero

Yes a Planet Swans running team. I'd be up for that. We could have a dedicated charity and present the chq to the said charity before the first Swans game for next season!

What kind of training plan did you follow?

Swansea Half Marathon on 15:53 - Jul 22 with 953 viewsDarran

I think it's awesome that you guys did this race and that NickyTran organised it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:06 - Jul 22 with 944 viewsBatterseajack

Swansea Half Marathon on 14:54 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Yes well done to the organisers. Is Nicky Fran a Planet Swans poster?

I'm a bit thick are you saying running or cycling is harder?

Well done on a brilliant time.

Yes he is, although haven't seen him on here in a while.

Yes i was implying that cycling was harder. Only because in my experience, you can work your heart harder and for longer whilst cycling without being forced to slow down because of muscle damage. But in reality, i guess they're both as hard as you want them to be,
Swansea Half Marathon on 16:08 - Jul 22 with 942 viewsymaohyd

Swansea Half Marathon on 15:53 - Jul 22 by Darran

I think it's awesome that you guys did this race and that NickyTran organised it.

Typo or Freudian slip?

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:11 - Jul 22 with 940 viewsDarran

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:08 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Typo or Freudian slip?

Neither he's a sexy beast I tell thee,lush he is I loves him.

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:13 - Jul 22 with 939 viewsDarran

Oh and earlier today Katherine Jenkins tweeted that she was back in training so I tweeted her and told her to consider the Swansea HM next year so when some of you f*cktards are running behind her for 13 miles don't forget who to thank.

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:17 - Jul 22 with 935 viewsymaohyd

Swansea Half Marathon on 16:13 - Jul 22 by Darran

Oh and earlier today Katherine Jenkins tweeted that she was back in training so I tweeted her and told her to consider the Swansea HM next year so when some of you f*cktards are running behind her for 13 miles don't forget who to thank.

Cheers. Followed a shapely lady for the last few miles on Sunday. Not by design but being absolutely knackered, eased the pain though!

Swansea Half Marathon on 07:46 - Jul 23 with 839 viewsJackhero

Swansea Half Marathon on 15:13 - Jul 22 by ymaohyd

Yes a Planet Swans running team. I'd be up for that. We could have a dedicated charity and present the chq to the said charity before the first Swans game for next season!

What kind of training plan did you follow?

I followed the intermediate half marathon plan here http://therunningbug.co.uk/training/plans-and-tips/b/weblog/archive/2011/01/11/h
I looked at other plans and they just didn't suit me. This seemed the best (and easiest if I'm being honest).
I've now entered 2 other events and have tailored a training plan using endomondo pro. This looks at my current fitness, what days I can train on and constantly changes routines based on my performance levels each week. Swansea 10k next!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024