Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£15 for our home friendly 13:09 - Jul 23 with 24045 views_

Why can't the club just once, just ONCE, turn round to the supporter and offer them a real gesture of good will and thank us for our loyal support.

£15 for a kick about in the sun...

And I don't care if every other club in England is doing it. It would be nice if our club had a different mentality when it came to its supporters.

Have they forgotten how many times they have messed up in the past - The Euro games for example.

They must be due another dividend soon i'd imagine.

Pathetic, Swansea City, pathetic.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 795 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 19:29 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Can I ask some questions based on your post

2 lost their businesses? Obviously the Chairman is one of them but who is the other

Which 2 people borrowed money to put into the club?

Yes and david morgan lost his insurance business eventually

Jvz/morgan and dineen borrowed money as far as i am aware
£15 for our home friendly on 19:46 - Jul 24 with 794 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

We are going to have to stop furiously agreeing with each other. People will talk.

I'm your alter ego mun. Or is it the other way around? Well the more good looking one anyway

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

£15 for our home friendly on 19:47 - Jul 24 with 784 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:41 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

Sure, football is greedy. And I'm record on this thread as saying it doesn't feel like a club owned by the fans, for the fans, anymore.

It was just a bit too pejorative for me in the context of the post. There are plenty of poor decisions made by the board, but I don't think they are driven by personal greed.

Well I wouldn't go as far as to say "driven" by it either, but I'm sure they're enjoying a very wealthy existence from their hard work and venture with the club.

It's also human nature, i'm afraid, we'd all be guilty of it. This is why questions being raised and a close monitor of what's going on at Board level can only be a good thing in terms of keeping a sense or reality and protecting our club.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

£15 for our home friendly on 19:47 - Jul 24 with 784 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

I've seen political campaigns start surprisingly similarly

Shut up and put this T-shirt on!!
£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 with 777 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 19:27 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

He caused the conflict. It was unnecessary, caused by the actions of one man, and frankly could have caused irreparable harm to the Trust. It still has some negative connotations even today both for Leigh and the Trust as this thread shows. Jacko and I are very much of the same mind on this I'm afraid ... it really wasn't a happy event.

I don't actually disagree with you on any of that. It's the shit stirring without any foundation that is getting my goat. Shaky had no knowledge of any of it - he's trying to jump on it to be provocative. It's mud slinging to see what'll stick and on this he appears to have hit a very sticky wall. I am suspicious of the motivation I'm afraid so I am not prepared to go along with it. I always enjoy having perfectly reasonable discussions with people that I know to be fans of the club and who have a genuine desire to see the club do well but in this case I don't believe that to be the case (I'm obviously not referring to you or to Jacko).
£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 with 776 viewsShaky

£15 for our home friendly on 19:42 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

There's two parts here. Independence and impression of independence. For me the former is most important. The latter is also important for reasons seen in this thread, but so long as each case can be judged on its merits then I'm relatively comfortable. It'd be a different story if someone on the Trust board leveraged that position for personal gain as happened all those years ago but I've seen no evidence it's the case.

There you go Lisa, there's your libelous statement in the last sentence, assuming obviously it isn't true.

Something substantive get your teeth into finally.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 19:50]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

£15 for our home friendly on 19:50 - Jul 24 with 753 viewsjackonicko

£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 by Shaky

There you go Lisa, there's your libelous statement in the last sentence, assuming obviously it isn't true.

Bugger off, Shaky. The grown ups are talking.

Lisa is not the only one fed up of your bullying.
£15 for our home friendly on 19:51 - Jul 24 with 749 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:42 - Jul 24 by Uxbridge

There's two parts here. Independence and impression of independence. For me the former is most important. The latter is also important for reasons seen in this thread, but so long as each case can be judged on its merits then I'm relatively comfortable. It'd be a different story if someone on the Trust board leveraged that position for personal gain as happened all those years ago but I've seen no evidence it's the case.

Ok, from a different angle.

How much of a fuss will someone (and i'm not talking about Huw here, far from it, as I just don't know him or his dealings with the club personally) who has financial dealings in terms of personal income kick up for a fan base when they feel aggrieved about something.

These things happen, And...

Login to get fewer ads

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 738 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 by Shaky

I did read it and laugh thinking exactly the same thing actually ....
£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 24 with 736 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

I genuinely dont have an idea when he purchased the shares but given Huw was elected in 2006, Leigh stood down that year

Over to you Outtolunch...

£15 for our home friendly on 19:53 - Jul 24 with 734 viewsPhil_S

£15 for our home friendly on 19:36 - Jul 24 by Neath_Jack

Ok, thanks. Good luck if you get there.

Thank you but we have the best person for the job in situ and personally I hope he stays for some time!
£15 for our home friendly on 19:53 - Jul 24 with 734 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:44 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

We are going to have to stop furiously agreeing with each other. People will talk.

I've already started x ;)

£15 for our home friendly on 19:53 - Jul 24 with 734 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 19:50 - Jul 24 by jackonicko

Bugger off, Shaky. The grown ups are talking.

Lisa is not the only one fed up of your bullying.

funnily enough I did actually find that quite funny from Shaky :-)
£15 for our home friendly on 19:53 - Jul 24 with 733 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

I don't actually disagree with you on any of that. It's the shit stirring without any foundation that is getting my goat. Shaky had no knowledge of any of it - he's trying to jump on it to be provocative. It's mud slinging to see what'll stick and on this he appears to have hit a very sticky wall. I am suspicious of the motivation I'm afraid so I am not prepared to go along with it. I always enjoy having perfectly reasonable discussions with people that I know to be fans of the club and who have a genuine desire to see the club do well but in this case I don't believe that to be the case (I'm obviously not referring to you or to Jacko).

Fair enough. I've had enough discussions with Shaky myself to be on your side in that one!

Unfortunately, like a stopped clock, I have to side with most of what he said on this one. I can't not really, I've said much the same on here often enough!

£15 for our home friendly on 19:59 - Jul 24 with 705 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:51 - Jul 24 by _

Ok, from a different angle.

How much of a fuss will someone (and i'm not talking about Huw here, far from it, as I just don't know him or his dealings with the club personally) who has financial dealings in terms of personal income kick up for a fan base when they feel aggrieved about something.

These things happen, And...

Can only judge it on its merits. If I saw that happening I'd call foul. I agree that perception is a factor but things can't always be perfect. The reality on the ground is what's most important to me.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:00 - Jul 24 with 699 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Pfft. I'll be siding with Shaky permanenty if you keep that up
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 20:03]

£15 for our home friendly on 20:00 - Jul 24 with 698 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

This forum is notorious for this sort of behaviour... we go after our enemies and forgive anything our friends say haha...

Hmm, that's similar to how a relationship from a fans representative could become too pally with the main board of driectors to become of use....

WHY HASN'T ANYONE DISCUSSED THIS??? ;-)

£15 for our home friendly on 20:02 - Jul 24 with 682 viewsouttolunch

£15 for our home friendly on 19:52 - Jul 24 by _

Over to you Outtolunch...

I suspect you mean when did he buy his shares ?. I dont know exactly to be honest. The trust and him put money in and were given time to reach the 50000 shares which was significant at the time.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:10 - Jul 24 with 652 views_

£15 for our home friendly on 20:02 - Jul 24 by outtolunch

I suspect you mean when did he buy his shares ?. I dont know exactly to be honest. The trust and him put money in and were given time to reach the 50000 shares which was significant at the time.

You don't know, no... but it hasn't stopped you spouting a load of bollox has it...

£15 for our home friendly on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 646 viewslondonlisa2001

£15 for our home friendly on 20:00 - Jul 24 by _

This forum is notorious for this sort of behaviour... we go after our enemies and forgive anything our friends say haha...

Hmm, that's similar to how a relationship from a fans representative could become too pally with the main board of driectors to become of use....

WHY HASN'T ANYONE DISCUSSED THIS??? ;-)

Actually I think it's a very good question whether a Trust rep on the board can and will achieve more by creating visible waves or not.

I suspect that more is actually achieved by not outwardly creating waves, albeit that the perception among those they're working on behalf of is that less is achieved (if you see what I mean). Bit like the coalition government. Don't achieve anything by squabbling in public, only by quiet influence (albeit that the Liberal supporters would prefer them to sing and dance about their disagreements).
It's a tricky one, since it means that the Trust has to sacrifice better public perception for actual influence.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:11 - Jul 24 with 645 viewsSwanseajill

£15 for our home friendly on 19:48 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Gets my goat too.
Since Laudrop was sacked, there had been three or four posters coming on strong to this message board.
Where were they previously? Why should fans need to defend something that they are in general happy with, and are enjoying our improvement in the last ten years.
Sick of reading negative posts on here by the handful of posters, and I have said all this when it all started at the end of the season.
They are not Swans fans, I wish they would go bother another club.
£15 for our home friendly on 20:17 - Jul 24 with 621 viewsUxbridge

£15 for our home friendly on 20:11 - Jul 24 by Swanseajill

Gets my goat too.
Since Laudrop was sacked, there had been three or four posters coming on strong to this message board.
Where were they previously? Why should fans need to defend something that they are in general happy with, and are enjoying our improvement in the last ten years.
Sick of reading negative posts on here by the handful of posters, and I have said all this when it all started at the end of the season.
They are not Swans fans, I wish they would go bother another club.

Not everyone is as nice as you Lorr. Some people like creating Internet personas just to argue the toss with random strangers on the Internet. Weirdos. The good news is that nothing on here really matters and we can both enjoy the upcoming season.

Ps troop all say hello. You'll be glad to hear they're wearing me and my nearly empty wallet out on our summer hols.

£15 for our home friendly on 20:17 - Jul 24 with 617 viewsexiledclaseboy

£15 for our home friendly on 20:11 - Jul 24 by londonlisa2001

Actually I think it's a very good question whether a Trust rep on the board can and will achieve more by creating visible waves or not.

I suspect that more is actually achieved by not outwardly creating waves, albeit that the perception among those they're working on behalf of is that less is achieved (if you see what I mean). Bit like the coalition government. Don't achieve anything by squabbling in public, only by quiet influence (albeit that the Liberal supporters would prefer them to sing and dance about their disagreements).
It's a tricky one, since it means that the Trust has to sacrifice better public perception for actual influence.

At the moment though, the Trust seems to have very little influence within the club and no public visibility whatsoever. This just leads to the assumption that we've seen on this thread and others previously that the Trust is either doing nothing or is too close to the club. I don't believe that the Trust is doing nothing, but that is definitely the perception and that has to change. The Trust is not the club and the club is not the Trust. That has to become clearer and as I said to Phil last night if it means shouting from the rooftops that the Trust has lobbied the club strongly on (for example) ticket prices and been ignored or knocked back then that's what it has to do. The Trust is at a crossroads at the moment. It can either be relevant and represent the fans proactively and positively or it can fade away. I know which one I'd rather.

Poll: Tory leader

£15 for our home friendly on 20:18 - Jul 24 with 607 viewsMoscowJack

Personally, I think Huw Cooze is doing an excellent job. He's got the diplomacy that I wish I had. He's also not afraid to stand up for what he wants - he's a man of principals.

It would be hard to find someone as committed to the Swans and intent on doing the right thing for the fans acting in his role as Huw.

Personally, and I know some will disagree, but if Huw's tender was the same as Joe Bloggs Inc from London, I'd rather the local business won it. I'd rather give something back to someone who's given his FREE time.

If he was doing the Trust job just to win business from the Club then I'd be screaming out and asking questions. I did once actually.

There are other fish to fry so instead of pointing fingers at people who are genuinely (a) best suited for the role and (b) doing their utmost best, why not focus on what you don't like and get the Trust to respond.

I've just tried ordering a home and away kit online. The first time I was screwed because they're slim fit (and I haven't been slim for 10 years) so I lost that money.

I left it a while but went to order, but can't as there are no PL badges available. I'm not going to order a kit without one - it doesn't seem right!

How difficult would it be to think - hhhmm....we've ordered 10,000 kits, I wonder how many badges we might need! It's so f'ing simple.

Things like this annoy me as they're simple to plan and work out for someone with the right experience. Things like not warning the fans that the shirts are one size too small annoy me as people will waste their hard-earned money because they can't wear the "spray on" kit.

Pointing a finger at someone like Huw Cooze is an absolute waste of time. He's 100% on our side, even if the PR of the Trust doesn't do this justice. Others are earning a hefty salary (100k a year or more) on the premise of a job well done.....but it's certainly not.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

£15 for our home friendly on 20:24 - Jul 24 with 580 viewsskippyjack

£15 for our home friendly on 19:53 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Thank you but we have the best person for the job in situ and personally I hope he stays for some time!

F*cking Phil is in with it all an all.. f*cking b*stards.. when is the next trust election? Can a trust member create a party to oust the current regime?... I know where my vote is heading.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024