Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad numbers this season 08:29 - Jul 24 with 3410 viewsJackfath

With MM moving on and BD moving also does anyone know if the new players or indeed anyone in the last seasons squad have got new numbers on the back of their shirts?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Squad numbers this season on 10:43 - Jul 24 with 2576 viewsandrew

Shelvey looks to be wearing 9in pre season, gomis 18, I'd imagine fab will be 1.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Squad numbers this season on 12:00 - Jul 24 with 2490 viewsbuilthjack

Squad numbers this season on 10:43 - Jul 24 by andrew

Shelvey looks to be wearing 9in pre season, gomis 18, I'd imagine fab will be 1.

Ffs get Shelvey out of the number 9 shirt

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Squad numbers this season on 13:11 - Jul 24 with 2363 viewsJBT95

Squad numbers this season on 10:43 - Jul 24 by andrew

18 is a strikers number in international games so would be good for Gomis, just like Leroy before him.

Yeah Shelvey in 9 seems odd haha, up to him and the club though.

Ben Davies going doesn't mean much to the squad numbers, doubt many players really want 33, probably go to an academy player.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 13:12]
Squad numbers this season on 13:32 - Jul 24 with 2324 viewsHuw57

11 for Gylfi Siggy hopefully.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Squad numbers this season on 14:00 - Jul 24 with 2276 viewsKennedy

Shevley will stick to 8 as his hero wears 8 at liverpool.

Just call me JFK

Squad numbers this season on 16:29 - Jul 24 with 2208 viewsjackharris

Squad numbers this season on 14:00 - Jul 24 by Kennedy

Shevley will stick to 8 as his hero wears 8 at liverpool.

I hope he's going to stay at 8 as the club Superstore has printed my nephews shirt as Shelvey 8?¿?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Squad numbers this season on 21:53 - Jul 24 with 2093 viewsPlazex

Predictions-
Fabianski-1
Amat-2
Chico-4
Shelvey-8
Gomis-9
Bony-10
That is all I can think.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Squad numbers this season on 22:02 - Jul 24 with 2076 viewsKennedy

Fabianski-1
Amat-2
Chico-4
Shelvey-8
Gomis-9
Bony-10
That is all I can think.

3 Taylor
5 Tate
6 Williams
7 Britton
11 - Siggy?
12 Dyer
13 Cornell
14 ? (Was Lamah)
15 Routledge
16 ? (Was Monk)
17 Ki
18 ?
19 TienDalli
20 JDG (?)
21 ? (Was Canas)
22 Rangel
24 ? (Was Pozuelo)
25 Tremmel
26 ? ( Was Vasquez)
27 Bartley
29 Richards

30+ No one of note

Just call me JFK

Login to get fewer ads

Squad numbers this season on 22:04 - Jul 24 with 2068 viewsPhil_S

Is it at all important?
Squad numbers this season on 22:06 - Jul 24 with 2062 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Squad numbers this season on 22:04 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Is it at all important?

It can be for some players. I'd imagine a lot of players have a lot of merchandise etc with their specific number on. I'm not sure if this applies to any of our players at present though.

Lee Trundle is my only reasonable guess regarding this at Swansea City over the years.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Squad numbers this season on 22:26 - Jul 24 with 2035 viewsNewhousemustscore

Squad numbers this season on 22:04 - Jul 24 by Phil_S

Is it at all important?

Yes, my boy wants siggy's name and number on his back before we go to Iceland next week.
Squad numbers this season on 22:41 - Jul 24 with 1997 viewsSwansforever

Looks like Gomis is 18
Squad numbers this season on 22:53 - Jul 24 with 1975 viewsKennedy

Yes some players have the same number throughout their playing career.

Pretty sure Graham asked Orlandi for the number 10 shirt. Monk could have been any number as been here so long but always been 16.

Just call me JFK

Squad numbers this season on 23:04 - Jul 24 with 1951 viewsJBT95

Squad numbers this season on 16:29 - Jul 24 by jackharris

I hope he's going to stay at 8 as the club Superstore has printed my nephews shirt as Shelvey 8?¿?

This is why you should wait until they are confirmed for the new season because these numbers can change. See Williams when Bodde left.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 23:07]
Squad numbers this season on 23:06 - Jul 24 with 1947 viewsJBT95

Squad numbers this season on 22:53 - Jul 24 by Kennedy

Yes some players have the same number throughout their playing career.

Pretty sure Graham asked Orlandi for the number 10 shirt. Monk could have been any number as been here so long but always been 16.

6 is the 'classic' CB number. So 16 is derived from that. Like Rangel 22, 2 is a classic RB number. Davies was 33 as a LB classic number is 3. Sinclair I assume wore 21 in the Championship because he wanted 11 but van der Gun wore it.
Squad numbers this season on 23:21 - Jul 24 with 1901 viewsKennedy

Yes, but they all could have changed the number in the years.

Williams changed from 2 to 6. So Rangel could have had first dibs on the 2 if he wanted it. Think Bartley had it then. Sinclair did claim the 11 when CVDG left.

Just call me JFK

Squad numbers this season on 23:34 - Jul 24 with 1881 viewsBovi

I'd love to see someone be a devil and claim 69.

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Squad numbers this season on 23:41 - Jul 24 with 1869 viewsTom1912

Squad numbers this season on 22:26 - Jul 24 by Newhousemustscore

Yes, my boy wants siggy's name and number on his back before we go to Iceland next week.

Doing the weekly shop is it?
Squad numbers this season on 02:17 - Jul 25 with 1813 viewsPlazex

I am gonna wait until the clearance, the cheapskate I am.

Poll: Where will we finish?

Squad numbers this season on 16:59 - Jul 25 with 1671 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I understand we wouldn't sell on this scale, but it underlines the importance of having numbers sorted out very early.

People want to buy shirts for their kids with their favourite players name on the back, yet it's a gamble every Summer with Swansea. I don't see why it's so difficult to get them sorted immediately?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/10989207/Real-Madrid

Squad numbers this season on 17:04 - Jul 25 with 1659 viewsSweyns_Eye

Squad numbers this season on 16:59 - Jul 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I understand we wouldn't sell on this scale, but it underlines the importance of having numbers sorted out very early.

People want to buy shirts for their kids with their favourite players name on the back, yet it's a gamble every Summer with Swansea. I don't see why it's so difficult to get them sorted immediately?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/real-madrid/10989207/Real-Madrid

Sometimes, people just have to wait.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

Squad numbers this season on 17:07 - Jul 25 with 1653 viewsRogueTrooper

Edited cos I fecked it up
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 17:09]

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Squad numbers this season on 17:08 - Jul 25 with 1652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Squad numbers this season on 17:04 - Jul 25 by Sweyns_Eye

Sometimes, people just have to wait.

Why though? We are a business. We would sell more shirts in the Summer months if the squad numbers were known. People like to buy a shirt etc to take on their holidays, but understandably most people will be put off if they cannot guarantee they won't look like an idiot with the wrong number on their Bony, Siggy or Tiendali shirts.

Squad numbers this season on 17:09 - Jul 25 with 1645 viewsRogueTrooper

Squad numbers this season on 22:02 - Jul 24 by Kennedy

Fabianski-1
Amat-2
Chico-4
Shelvey-8
Gomis-9
Bony-10
That is all I can think.

3 Taylor
5 Tate
6 Williams
7 Britton
11 - Siggy?
12 Dyer
13 Cornell
14 ? (Was Lamah)
15 Routledge
16 ? (Was Monk)
17 Ki
18 ?
19 TienDalli
20 JDG (?)
21 ? (Was Canas)
22 Rangel
24 ? (Was Pozuelo)
25 Tremmel
26 ? ( Was Vasquez)
27 Bartley
29 Richards

30+ No one of note

Apart from 40 obviously

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

Squad numbers this season on 17:27 - Jul 25 with 1616 viewsSweyns_Eye

Squad numbers this season on 17:08 - Jul 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Why though? We are a business. We would sell more shirts in the Summer months if the squad numbers were known. People like to buy a shirt etc to take on their holidays, but understandably most people will be put off if they cannot guarantee they won't look like an idiot with the wrong number on their Bony, Siggy or Tiendali shirts.

for those people who want a player's name and number on their shirt I reckon they'd be prepared to wait I can't see its that important except to the needy 'I want it now' sort. I can't imagine anyone would not buy a shirt because they don't know. I wonder if the numbers haven't been confirmed yet because we are still in the transfer market? Not that I'm suggesting that some players will only sign if their favourite number is available.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024