Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 01:29 - Jul 28 with 7889 viewsGroo

According to the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707732/Swansea-make-official-

Groo does what Groo does best

Kyle Naughton on 11:27 - Jul 29 with 1019 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:22 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

I think a lot of money to spend is an exaggeration, but we certainly shouldn't be struggling this summer.

While transfer fees were not involved for Fabianski or Gomis, I'm sure they cost us a pretty penny in signing-on fees and wages. Signing players from clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and Lyon means we're likely dealing in bigger sums than signing players from cash-strapped Spanish clubs or Genoa.

Not sure how much the planned expansion is affecting transfer budgets either. Anyway, the club are hardly going to advertise they've got money to spend are they? Keep up the pauper routine and try to get best value possible, rather than go down the Ed Woodward route and tell the world you're loaded.

And that route hasn't landed us a vital player not just for now but years to come. I know the expansion will cost money obviously but in real terms we haven't spend that much. Unless you believe Gomis had an 8 million signing on fee. Which for a 29 year old I'd be flabbergasted with.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kyle Naughton on 11:29 - Jul 29 with 1017 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 08:57 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

I wasn't critical over the Ben Davies sale, many others were.

If you're happy with Rangel and Tiendalli and no defensive midfielder to start the season then by all means pop a f*cking cork and raise a glass to the new season.

I'll chalk that up as a positive for you then.

I'm not "happy" with it, but i'm not going to have a pop at anyone over it as i have no idea what Monk has planned. They may be busting a gut to get someone in, he has said there's more players to come. Or there may be a youngster we already have who they think can give it a go, much like Ben did when he came in. If we bring no other players in from this point, it won't stop me looking forward to the season, in fact i'm positively busting for it to get underway. The chances are, whoever we bring in, unless it's a massive signing from one of the big boys, or he has a foreign sounding name, you're going to rubbish it anyway, because that's what you do lately.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kyle Naughton on 11:32 - Jul 29 with 1001 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 11:29 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

I'll chalk that up as a positive for you then.

I'm not "happy" with it, but i'm not going to have a pop at anyone over it as i have no idea what Monk has planned. They may be busting a gut to get someone in, he has said there's more players to come. Or there may be a youngster we already have who they think can give it a go, much like Ben did when he came in. If we bring no other players in from this point, it won't stop me looking forward to the season, in fact i'm positively busting for it to get underway. The chances are, whoever we bring in, unless it's a massive signing from one of the big boys, or he has a foreign sounding name, you're going to rubbish it anyway, because that's what you do lately.

Arf.
Kyle Naughton on 11:36 - Jul 29 with 987 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:32 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Arf.

Quite.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Kyle Naughton on 11:39 - Jul 29 with 973 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 11:27 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

And that route hasn't landed us a vital player not just for now but years to come. I know the expansion will cost money obviously but in real terms we haven't spend that much. Unless you believe Gomis had an 8 million signing on fee. Which for a 29 year old I'd be flabbergasted with.

Hold on. You're saying that because our approach to transfers hasn't netted us a player in one position, we should abandon it entirely?

What about all the players we have signed using our current approach? Our way of working has had us signing mostly good players at good prices, keeping us in the Premier League, and often selling at a profit. But yes, let's abandon all that. Strange.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Kyle Naughton on 11:41 - Jul 29 with 964 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:36 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

Quite.

I think you're being a little unfair there. The pressing need (even last year we bought Canas in) right now is the CDM position and it looks like Besic was our only target. Surely we should have had other players in mind?

Kyle Naughton on 11:47 - Jul 29 with 943 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:41 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're being a little unfair there. The pressing need (even last year we bought Canas in) right now is the CDM position and it looks like Besic was our only target. Surely we should have had other players in mind?

And you know that Besic was our only target, right? So who do you think is being a little unfair?

We all want what is best for our club.

Kyle Naughton on 11:48 - Jul 29 with 935 viewsWarwickHunt

Probably get introduced to the other players on the bus to Old Trafford...
Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 11:52 - Jul 29 with 923 viewsraynor94

Sorry Bryn, I can't see how you can think all our eggs were in the besic basket, I'd be bitterly disappointed if that were the case, time will tell

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Naughton on 11:53 - Jul 29 with 917 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:47 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

And you know that Besic was our only target, right? So who do you think is being a little unfair?

Well I've not heard of any other player being approached , either from our club or anything in the media and let's face it there's no smoke without fire.
Only this time there's no fire, so no smoke.

Kyle Naughton on 11:57 - Jul 29 with 905 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:53 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Well I've not heard of any other player being approached , either from our club or anything in the media and let's face it there's no smoke without fire.

So because we've not heard about other targets the doubters use this as stick to beat whoever they deem necessary. As i said, there's only one group being unfair here. It makes no odds really, because if they weren't having a pop at this, it would be over something else. Let's just wait and see what transpires before we start stamping our feet and throwing the toys around.

Kyle Naughton on 12:03 - Jul 29 with 885 viewsTom1912

Kyle Naughton on 11:53 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

95% of transfers reported in the media are smoke without fire. They don't have a clue.
Kyle Naughton on 12:10 - Jul 29 with 850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:57 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

So because we've not heard about other targets the doubters use this as stick to beat whoever they deem necessary. As i said, there's only one group being unfair here. It makes no odds really, because if they weren't having a pop at this, it would be over something else. Let's just wait and see what transpires before we start stamping our feet and throwing the toys around.

How dare you, my toys are stacked neatly in their box!
Well we shall have to wait and see then. But I thought with Leon and Fulton injured and Ki not a natural in that position and without Leon's tempo , plus another emergency cover player in JDG possibly not coming back (according to Monk) I sincerely hope you're right.
I would like nothing better to have my whingeing ridiculed on here after the surprise signing of a very good CDM but even you have to admit it's looking less and less likely with only 2 weeks to go until we take on a newly revitalized Man United at old Trafford .
Here's hoping mush.

Kyle Naughton on 12:15 - Jul 29 with 831 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 11:47 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

Except, presumably, those who have the temerity to question the manager/chairman/board and not indulge in the blind faith or sycophancy of some on here.

We have an "agenda", innit.
Kyle Naughton on 12:20 - Jul 29 with 805 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 12:15 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Except, presumably, those who have the temerity to question the manager/chairman/board and not indulge in the blind faith or sycophancy of some on here.

I'll leave you wallow in your self pity.

I'm out.

Kyle Naughton on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 779 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 12:15 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

How about those who question the manager/chairman/board when they feel appropriate (ticketing fiascos, not interviewing anyone when ML left, delay in expanding), but get fed up with those who look for any opportunity to have a pop at the club, no matter how tenuous?

Disappointed you joined that group personally.

Kyle Naughton on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 775 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 12:20 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

I'll leave you wallow in your self pity.

I'm out.

Feeble.
Kyle Naughton on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 752 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 12:31 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Feeble.

Almost as feeble as your "arf" replies eh? Second thoughts, nowhere near as.

Kyle Naughton on 12:37 - Jul 29 with 734 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 12:30 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

How about those who question the manager/chairman/board when they feel appropriate (ticketing fiascos, not interviewing anyone when ML left, delay in expanding), but get fed up with those who look for any opportunity to have a pop at the club, no matter how tenuous?

Disappointed you joined that group personally.

I haven't "joined" any "group", and when were you appointed arbiter of what was appropriate for criticism?

Isn't being two weeks away from the start of the season without a DM when we've known one's been needed since February good enough for you?
Kyle Naughton on 12:38 - Jul 29 with 728 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 12:33 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

Almost as feeble as your "arf" replies eh? Second thoughts, nowhere near as.

Arf.
Kyle Naughton on 12:40 - Jul 29 with 712 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 12:38 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Arf.

Quite.

Kyle Naughton on 13:24 - Jul 29 with 633 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 12:37 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

I haven't "joined" any "group", and when were you appointed arbiter of what was appropriate for criticism?

Isn't being two weeks away from the start of the season without a DM when we've known one's been needed since February good enough for you?

Last time I checked, I was allowed to criticise whatever I wanted, just as you do (frequently). You choose to criticise the club, I choose to criticise you. Calm down precious.

Who made you arbiter of what the club 'needed'? Perhaps they were happy with Britton and Fulton for DM, just as they were once happy with Taylor and Davies for LB(when Davies hadn't played a single game)?

I would like to see another player signed for that position and I'm hopeful the club are working hard to secure one. I choose not to throw my toys out of the pram when I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Kyle Naughton on 13:30 - Jul 29 with 603 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 13:24 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Last time I checked, I was allowed to criticise whatever I wanted, just as you do (frequently). You choose to criticise the club, I choose to criticise you. Calm down precious.

Who made you arbiter of what the club 'needed'? Perhaps they were happy with Britton and Fulton for DM, just as they were once happy with Taylor and Davies for LB(when Davies hadn't played a single game)?

I would like to see another player signed for that position and I'm hopeful the club are working hard to secure one. I choose not to throw my toys out of the pram when I don't know what's happening behind the scenes.

Just to query the Davies situation - did Taylor's injury happen outside the transfer/loan window? If so we had no choice but to play Ben. Thank god that worked out .
It's negligence bordering on recklessness if Fulton is expected to do the same in our most important positions on the pitch.

Kyle Naughton on 13:42 - Jul 29 with 561 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 13:30 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Just to query the Davies situation - did Taylor's injury happen outside the transfer/loan window? If so we had no choice but to play Ben. Thank god that worked out .
It's negligence bordering on recklessness if Fulton is expected to do the same in our most important positions on the pitch.

It was September 1st, so I think you are correct. My point was that Laudrup/the club were happy to let the transfer window close with only Taylor and Davies on the books. We picked up an unattached player as cover, but had Taylor not got injured, they were happy with Davies to play in rotation.

Your second sentence I would tend to agree with unless Fulton is a lot better than we expected. The fact he got a sub appearance and a start at the end of last season suggests Monk sees him as very much part of the first-team squad.

Is it wise to have a player with so little experience as back-up to an ageing player in such an important position? I would say no personally and would rather play it safe by signing somebody else, but then I'm just an armchair manager.

Kyle Naughton on 14:37 - Jul 29 with 474 viewsperchrockjack

Toys and pram is an old cliché.anyway, he kids don't ave em cos they got x boxes

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024