Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 01:29 - Jul 28 with 7890 viewsGroo

According to the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2707732/Swansea-make-official-

Groo does what Groo does best

Kyle Naughton on 08:38 - Jul 29 with 1171 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 08:27 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

Because it's as easy as going into Tesco and picking what you want.

Obviously.

Another stick though i suppose.....

Aye - totally unjustified critcism for not replacing key positions since f*cking February.
Our only DM is now injured.

Out. F*cking. Standing.

Wake up mate FFS.
Kyle Naughton on 08:46 - Jul 29 with 1142 viewsNeath_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 08:38 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Aye - totally unjustified critcism for not replacing key positions since f*cking February.

Out. F*cking. Standing.

Wake up mate FFS.

You're going to need a new stick by the end of the first month of the season, you'll have worn yours out.

You have zero idea as to who we have been trying to get in, or the problems encountered. But you'd never let that stand in your way of having a go at the club/board/manager. It's easy to be critical, constantly.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Kyle Naughton on 08:52 - Jul 29 with 1117 viewsicecoldjack

Kyle Naughton on 08:38 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Out. F*cking. Standing.

Wake up mate FFS.

I agree with this comment.

Its ok kicking out canas if thats what monk wants to do but it was clear in febuary that the position would need back up, now for all we know tje club Are on it,maybe There Will be a Loan deal coming off for example and that Will happen towards the end of the window as teams decide who is in and who isnt .

But the comment is a fair one, we lost out on besic but as the club always tell us they have many targets to switch to if prefered first choices dont happen.

With such a vital position and a position that Will dictate how we play and control our game im suprised we havent nailed something down yet.

That position is critical to how we play and anyone coming in to play it Will need time to adjusted to it, now while canas wasnt perfect he was developing his feel for the position and was only going to Get better.

Leon can play passes automatically because he built up that level of understanding over time, je knows exactly where ash,rangel,taylor,routs and dyer Are going to be 99% of the time .

A new player coming in There needs as much training ground time as possible IMO unless the player coming in is world class of course.

The club obviousøy know this.
Kyle Naughton on 08:57 - Jul 29 with 1108 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 08:46 - Jul 29 by Neath_Jack

You're going to need a new stick by the end of the first month of the season, you'll have worn yours out.

You have zero idea as to who we have been trying to get in, or the problems encountered. But you'd never let that stand in your way of having a go at the club/board/manager. It's easy to be critical, constantly.

I wasn't critical over the Ben Davies sale, many others were.

If you're happy with Rangel and Tiendalli and no defensive midfielder to start the season then by all means pop a f*cking cork and raise a glass to the new season.
Kyle Naughton on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 1087 viewsJackSomething

Am I the only one who thinks Fulton is seen as Britton's backup for this season and eventual replacement?

Of course both of them being injured is a problem, but there aren't many positions we wouldn't struggle in if the first and second choice players were out.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Kyle Naughton on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 1085 viewsraynor94

Kyle Naughton on 08:52 - Jul 29 by icecoldjack

I agree with this comment.

Its ok kicking out canas if thats what monk wants to do but it was clear in febuary that the position would need back up, now for all we know tje club Are on it,maybe There Will be a Loan deal coming off for example and that Will happen towards the end of the window as teams decide who is in and who isnt .

But the comment is a fair one, we lost out on besic but as the club always tell us they have many targets to switch to if prefered first choices dont happen.

With such a vital position and a position that Will dictate how we play and control our game im suprised we havent nailed something down yet.

That position is critical to how we play and anyone coming in to play it Will need time to adjusted to it, now while canas wasnt perfect he was developing his feel for the position and was only going to Get better.

Leon can play passes automatically because he built up that level of understanding over time, je knows exactly where ash,rangel,taylor,routs and dyer Are going to be 99% of the time .

A new player coming in There needs as much training ground time as possible IMO unless the player coming in is world class of course.

The club obviousøy know this.

Honestly your pining over canas and all things Laudrup is pitiful, yes we missed out on besic understandable, but we move on to the next target, judge monk at the end of the windows, it will save us from your litttle underhanded digs at "the club "

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kyle Naughton on 09:15 - Jul 29 with 1065 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 09:08 - Jul 29 by raynor94

Honestly your pining over canas and all things Laudrup is pitiful, yes we missed out on besic understandable, but we move on to the next target, judge monk at the end of the windows, it will save us from your litttle underhanded digs at "the club "

End of the window? We've had since February FFS...
How long did it take Bony to get up to speed?

Monk said he wanted the transfer business done before the World Cup started.
Not really going to plan, is it?
Kyle Naughton on 09:53 - Jul 29 with 992 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 09:15 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

End of the window? We've had since February FFS...
How long did it take Bony to get up to speed?

Monk said he wanted the transfer business done before the World Cup started.
Not really going to plan, is it?

I think we're mostly in agreement that Monk was being at best naive when he said that. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake and won't repeat it.

Was Bony getting up to speed down to him arriving late (11th July apparently) or Laudrup's use of him? Michu arrived on the 20th July in 2012, later than Bony, but it didn't stop him hitting the ground running did it?

Other than the biggest clubs, what clubs have filled all their positions of need this summer? It's the nature of the transfer market and the position we're in this summer in terms of numbers of signings needed. To have 6 signings in before August isn't bad work.

At least we're not in Southampton's position eh?

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 09:57 - Jul 29 with 976 viewsperchrockjack

Im expecting or hoping Monk addresses the issue of RB as RANGEL is really not up to it and Tiendalli ,lets be honest, is not an option. We need a new defender and quickly. We do this and it ll be a great season.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Kyle Naughton on 10:07 - Jul 29 with 954 viewsAl_Bundy

Tiendalli is a poor back up and Rangel although has a good football brain his legs have gone and will get even more exposed this season.

I'm guessing Monk might utilise Amat or even Chico at RB.
Kyle Naughton on 10:25 - Jul 29 with 900 viewsicecoldjack

Never mentioned laudrup, its totally irrelevant on this topic fella but if which to continue like a stuck record carry on.

The point with canas is a valid one, we Are paying him 20 k a week plus so unless There is a better option why not use the resources we have ?

As i said, if monk wants to ditch him thats great but dont weaken the team to do it plain and simple.

All pøayers until they walk off to another club Are our assets to use until we have no purpose for them.

In fact its actually better to use him and put him in the shop window !

I dont give a fook about laudrup v monk thats dead and buried, im intrested in the present time.

IMO you seem to be a bit paranoid about what is reasoned debate, its what the message board is for is it not ?

Digs at the club as you put it often Get thrown around when somebody raises a valid point.Dont be such a sensitive Soul, if people didnt have massive love for the swans they would'nt bother entering into planet swans to talk about what they love.

Remember its all about opinions and different opinions create good debate..something you seem to struggle with i notice.

i Will call things as i see them, nothing wrong with that either.
Like i said in my previous post the club have targets and they may be looking at the Loan market.

If we should cease with all debate until the window is closed then we may as well just close the message board down until then while we're at it !
Kyle Naughton on 10:32 - Jul 29 with 861 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 10:25 - Jul 29 by icecoldjack

Never mentioned laudrup, its totally irrelevant on this topic fella but if which to continue like a stuck record carry on.

The point with canas is a valid one, we Are paying him 20 k a week plus so unless There is a better option why not use the resources we have ?

As i said, if monk wants to ditch him thats great but dont weaken the team to do it plain and simple.

All pøayers until they walk off to another club Are our assets to use until we have no purpose for them.

In fact its actually better to use him and put him in the shop window !

I dont give a fook about laudrup v monk thats dead and buried, im intrested in the present time.

IMO you seem to be a bit paranoid about what is reasoned debate, its what the message board is for is it not ?

Digs at the club as you put it often Get thrown around when somebody raises a valid point.Dont be such a sensitive Soul, if people didnt have massive love for the swans they would'nt bother entering into planet swans to talk about what they love.

Remember its all about opinions and different opinions create good debate..something you seem to struggle with i notice.

i Will call things as i see them, nothing wrong with that either.
Like i said in my previous post the club have targets and they may be looking at the Loan market.

If we should cease with all debate until the window is closed then we may as well just close the message board down until then while we're at it !

Picking just one point out of your post, I'm a little surprised there's been no real talk about us taking a player on a long-term loan this season.

Sometimes they work (Caulker, Gylfi, JDG), sometimes they don't (McEachran, Itay, Vasquez). Considering the need for cover for a few positions and extra squad depth, you'd have to think it's something we're looking at.

Kyle Naughton on 10:36 - Jul 29 with 839 viewsItchySphincter

Strange one this because I agree with Warwick's point but I don't share what seems to be his dissatisfaction with the club about it. I'm sure if we can see what is glaringly obvious, they won't have overlooked it.

Nothing is certain and no player id guaranteed to flourish but hopefully Leon will mentor Fulton for the next couple of years but until then we need to find a replacement for Canas, basically anyone who doesn't play like a minge.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Kyle Naughton on 10:47 - Jul 29 with 812 viewsicecoldjack

Kyle Naughton on 10:32 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Picking just one point out of your post, I'm a little surprised there's been no real talk about us taking a player on a long-term loan this season.

Sometimes they work (Caulker, Gylfi, JDG), sometimes they don't (McEachran, Itay, Vasquez). Considering the need for cover for a few positions and extra squad depth, you'd have to think it's something we're looking at.

I agree.

Im not sure but ost loans tend to come at the end of the window if memory serves me well. At the moment i guess many players Will be pushing to become regular stæters at their club ,

I suggested that we may be looking at the Loan market for a defensive midfielder, maybe a full back, its quite Nice knowing we have 3 extra options in this market .

,Aune we need to judge monk after the Loan window and not the transfer window ..
Kyle Naughton on 10:59 - Jul 29 with 766 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 09:08 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Am I the only one who thinks Fulton is seen as Britton's backup for this season and eventual replacement?

Of course both of them being injured is a problem, but there aren't many positions we wouldn't struggle in if the first and second choice players were out.

Fulton may be a tidy little player bit if we all think he can replace Leon if he got a long term injury this season we're in for a rude awakening. We've got millions in the bank and we should be looking to spend big bucks on a quality replacement/successor than taking a pint in the loan market. And Warwick was right, we've known we've needed one since the second half of last season.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Kyle Naughton on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 681 viewsItchySphincter

Swansea Way weblog reckons we should go for Medel? Wold you be happy with that Bryn? Not keen myself. All hypothetical of course and obviously I reserve the right to say he's the best thing since sliced bread should the unthinkable happen.

Kyle Naughton on 11:08 - Jul 29 with 681 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 10:59 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Fulton may be a tidy little player bit if we all think he can replace Leon if he got a long term injury this season we're in for a rude awakening. We've got millions in the bank and we should be looking to spend big bucks on a quality replacement/successor than taking a pint in the loan market. And Warwick was right, we've known we've needed one since the second half of last season.

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, wouldn't we have said the same thing about Ben Davies being Taylor's backup 2 years ago?

Of course, Laudrup was unsure enough that he went out and picked up Tiendalli. I think we'll see similar this time, a cheap signing or maybe a loan to cover the position.

Perhaps there isn't another player like Besic that the club have identified who they are willing to spend big money on? Or perhaps one of Monk or Canas (or both) are willing to eat humble pie and wipe the slate clean? I'm just speculating here.

Kyle Naughton on 11:09 - Jul 29 with 674 viewsblaine_scfc

Kyle Naughton on 10:59 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Have we got millions in the bank though? I don't think there is much there in terms of a transfer kitty.

Agree with Warwick though, getting a defensive midfielder is absolute imperative. Besic would of been perfect, but unfortunately he has chosen Everton, I assume we had more than just a plan A though!
Kyle Naughton on 11:11 - Jul 29 with 670 viewsItchySphincter

You have to get past this idea of Canas not being picked because Monk doesn't like him. Believe me, if he was good enough he'd be in contention and tbh, come the season if he's still here he probably will be. No way Garry should be eating humble pie over this though. Chico tried to tw@t him with a brick but we need him, so he's in.

*edit - should have quoted Jacksomething above.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2014 11:12]

Kyle Naughton on 11:12 - Jul 29 with 663 viewsWarwickHunt

Kyle Naughton on 09:53 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

I think we're mostly in agreement that Monk was being at best naive when he said that. Hopefully he'll learn from his mistake and won't repeat it.

Was Bony getting up to speed down to him arriving late (11th July apparently) or Laudrup's use of him? Michu arrived on the 20th July in 2012, later than Bony, but it didn't stop him hitting the ground running did it?

Other than the biggest clubs, what clubs have filled all their positions of need this summer? It's the nature of the transfer market and the position we're in this summer in terms of numbers of signings needed. To have 6 signings in before August isn't bad work.

At least we're not in Southampton's position eh?

Bony didn't look match fit or sharp enough for the PL when he arrived.
Michu was an exceptional player who would fit in anywhere - I doubt very much whether we'll bring in another player of his calibre during this window.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that we're rebuilding rather than tweaking the squad and that it had been planned many months ago.
Kyle Naughton on 11:16 - Jul 29 with 638 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:09 - Jul 29 by blaine_scfc

Have we got millions in the bank though? I don't think there is much there in terms of a transfer kitty.

Agree with Warwick though, getting a defensive midfielder is absolute imperative. Besic would of been perfect, but unfortunately he has chosen Everton, I assume we had more than just a plan A though!

How much have we actually spent this summer? Gomis on a free, Fabianski on a free and Glyfi on a swap. Ok we spent 4 million on Montero but I'm sure I read we had some cash with Gylfi from Spurs as part of the deal. We bought Bony this time last year at 12 million and spent more on the remainder of our transfer business so with the increase in TV money we should have a lot of money to spend Blaine IMHO

Kyle Naughton on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 635 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 11:12 - Jul 29 by WarwickHunt

Bony didn't look match fit or sharp enough for the PL when he arrived.
Michu was an exceptional player who would fit in anywhere - I doubt very much whether we'll bring in another player of his calibre during this window.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that we're rebuilding rather than tweaking the squad and that it had been planned many months ago.

The best-laid plans of mice and men oft go astray and all that? I'm sure the club did plan ahead, but that doesn't mean everything goes according to plan. If clubs don't want to sell or players don't want to come here, you can run out of names on a shortlist quickly.

I do agree though, that a new right-back seems to be a strangely low priority for the club this summer. We're mostly in agreement that Rangel is on the down-slope of his career and Tiendalli isn't good enough. Unless we have a well-kept secret coming through the youth system, the situation is baffling.

Kyle Naughton on 11:20 - Jul 29 with 621 viewsscottishjack

Kyle Naughton on 11:16 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

How much have we actually spent this summer? Gomis on a free, Fabianski on a free and Glyfi on a swap. Ok we spent 4 million on Montero but I'm sure I read we had some cash with Gylfi from Spurs as part of the deal. We bought Bony this time last year at 12 million and spent more on the remainder of our transfer business so with the increase in TV money we should have a lot of money to spend Blaine IMHO

Didn't Huw say at the time that £12m on one player was not going to become a habit though?

My guess would be that between Monk and Huw, they have decided that we have enough to be competitive this year, perhaps a couple of loans at some point. Then keep some funds for emergencies come January, meanwhile they save up the bulk of funds for expanding the stadium or even trying to buy it outright from the council.
Kyle Naughton on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 613 viewsJackSomething

Kyle Naughton on 11:16 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

I think a lot of money to spend is an exaggeration, but we certainly shouldn't be struggling this summer.

While transfer fees were not involved for Fabianski or Gomis, I'm sure they cost us a pretty penny in signing-on fees and wages. Signing players from clubs like Spurs, Arsenal and Lyon means we're likely dealing in bigger sums than signing players from cash-strapped Spanish clubs or Genoa.

Not sure how much the planned expansion is affecting transfer budgets either. Anyway, the club are hardly going to advertise they've got money to spend are they? Keep up the pauper routine and try to get best value possible, rather than go down the Ed Woodward route and tell the world you're loaded.

Kyle Naughton on 11:23 - Jul 29 with 607 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Kyle Naughton on 11:08 - Jul 29 by ItchySphincter

Swansea Way weblog reckons we should go for Medel? Wold you be happy with that Bryn? Not keen myself. All hypothetical of course and obviously I reserve the right to say he's the best thing since sliced bread should the unthinkable happen.

No thanks. We're in need of a strong tall athletic specialist CDM in the mould of Besic's type. Cardiff are going to want 11 million for him anyway. If we'd have gone out all guns blazing waving an 11 million wad I'm pretty sure the ideal candidate would have gone to the U.S. with the rest of the squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024