Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? 12:28 - Jul 31 with 3367 viewsJackTheLad

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=313742852122186&set=vb.275551785941293&type

Couldn't find a youtube link

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 12:37 - Jul 31 with 3316 viewsjandyt

Definitely seemed to work, but a well taken free kick. Only question to the refs on the site is shouldn't he have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct?

Proudly plastic since 1978! www.pbase.com/andrew_thomas

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 13:16 - Jul 31 with 3240 viewsPegojack

No such offence as ungentlemanly conduct now, Andy, it's unsporting behaviour.

Looking at the video, I think it's a bit of a grey area. First, the ref wasn't really aware of it going on, he was too busy organising the wall, but his lino should have been keeping an eye on things. A warning to the 'sledging' player might then have been in order, and a yellow card if he persisted.

It reminded me of the Newcastle and Dutch keeper Tim Krul sledging the penalty takers in the recent World Cup penalty shoot out against Costa Rica. That referee was appallingly weak. He should have warned Krul to stop it and get back on his line, then book him if he persisted, then a second yellow and off if he still carried on.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 13:17]
Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 13:55 - Jul 31 with 3155 viewsItchySphincter

I've often wondered, depending on the free kick position, if the wall is more hindrance than help to the keeper sometimes. I'm pretty sure if we took our wall away at free kicks the oppo would build one of their own in the same place.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 3064 viewsRancid

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 13:55 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

I've often wondered, depending on the free kick position, if the wall is more hindrance than help to the keeper sometimes. I'm pretty sure if we took our wall away at free kicks the oppo would build one of their own in the same place.

This was mentioned during the world cup and whereas I can't remember who said it or what side, they did say it's being tried.I agree with you it's seems more of an hindrance.I suppose a wall will be needed at certain times but not always as the keeper is ironically blinded at times and no idea where the flight of the ball will be.
Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 15:54 - Jul 31 with 3028 viewsItchySphincter

Exactly.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 23:08 - Jul 31 with 2810 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Can't we sacrifice one of our players to do this at free kicks? on 13:55 - Jul 31 by ItchySphincter

If we had a free kick within 25yards and the opposition didn't bother with a wall, I'd get Bony to put his laces though it and just smash it as hard as he could.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024