Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) 19:28 - Jul 31 with 3054 viewsBorojack

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:35 - Jul 31 with 2337 viewsRancid

Lazy swine
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 31 with 2323 viewsDr_Winston

Other than Gomis's signing fee and the £4m for Montero we've barely spent anything this summer. Should be at least £10m left for additions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:41 - Jul 31 with 2308 viewsItchySphincter

Every signing at this level is a big money signing imo. Two more I think, if we're lucky.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:46 - Jul 31 with 2278 viewsOldjack

Angel is getting slower

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:51 - Jul 31 with 2254 viewsBorojack

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

Other than Gomis's signing fee and the £4m for Montero we've barely spent anything this summer. Should be at least £10m left for additions.

Fabianski wont have been cheap with a hefty signing on fee.
I would imagine Gylfi received a big signing on fee as well.
Be interesting to know how much we have left in the pot, I have a feeling
it will be knowhere near the 10 million you mention though.
With the cash being put to one side for stadium expansion.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:02 - Jul 31 with 2208 viewsmonmouth

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:51 - Jul 31 by Borojack

Fabianski wont have been cheap with a hefty signing on fee.
I would imagine Gylfi received a big signing on fee as well.
Be interesting to know how much we have left in the pot, I have a feeling
it will be knowhere near the 10 million you mention though.
With the cash being put to one side for stadium expansion.

and dividends

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:10 - Jul 31 with 2173 viewsBonjour

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 19:38 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

No money.

Need to ship em out before they come in
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:13 - Jul 31 with 2154 viewsDr_Winston

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:10 - Jul 31 by Bonjour

No money.

Need to ship em out before they come in

With an extra £20m in TV cash this year on top of eight figure profits in the last two?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:20 - Jul 31 with 2120 viewsmonmouth

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:13 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

With an extra £20m in TV cash this year on top of eight figure profits in the last two?

Profits are just reflections of assets, not necessarily cash though aren't they, and every new contract will take a slug of that Sky payment in wages never mind signing on fees.....doubt we'd be attracting players like Gomis and Sig without them (or some way of getting around the wage limit issue). Still, I do agree that there should be a few bob left down behind the sofa somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't do much though, other than maybe a loan or two like De Guz, even though we have a couple of glaring holes in the squad.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 20:21]

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:22 - Jul 31 with 2107 viewsDr_Winston

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:20 - Jul 31 by monmouth

Profits are just reflections of assets, not necessarily cash though aren't they, and every new contract will take a slug of that Sky payment in wages never mind signing on fees.....doubt we'd be attracting players like Gomis and Sig without them (or some way of getting around the wage limit issue). Still, I do agree that there should be a few bob left down behind the sofa somewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't do much though, other than maybe a loan or two like De Guz, even though we have a couple of glaring holes in the squad.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 20:21]

Thought we didn't count assets in the books?

Either way, I'd be surprised if we're already maxed out.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:32 - Jul 31 with 2063 viewsmonmouth

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:22 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

Aye but the claims side of the SoFP (including retained profits) must balance the asset side whether playing assets are in there or are written off/back against annual profit. So depends how much annual profit adds to cash or other liquid assets. I'm on shaky (!) territory here as I leave the accounts to others to pore over, but it's generally always risky to assume that profit is available to spend.

Still, your point is sound, we should have something to spend, but I would still bet on loans rather than perm if I was a betting man, which I'm not, or I'd have lost my socks by now.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 2057 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:22 - Jul 31 by Dr_Winston

We can't be, shirley?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:45 - Jul 31 with 2012 viewsBonjour

There's maxed out and there's having £10m.
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:49 - Jul 31 with 1997 viewstomdickharry

Right Back - Naughton
Utility Player Wide/Midfield - Anthony Pilkington
In respect of big money,the definition is entirely different in Swansea than say Liverpool/Man U/Everton so consequently would say that in our language £5M for Naughton would be big money.There is also a need for a D/M, now that slimy Judas 1 has signed Besic then who that could be is a difficult one.
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 31 with 1971 viewsRancid

We've enough money with this years and next to pull off a real big deal for a player and what a show of strength that'll be.A top class attacking midfielder to keep Gylffi on his toes and perform every week.We've other positions to fill more urgency but I'd love to see us do what we've done with Wilf by bringing in Gomis as real competition.
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 02:09 - Aug 1 with 1685 viewsAnotherJohn

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 20:55 - Jul 31 by Rancid

We've enough money with this years and next to pull off a real big deal for a player and what a show of strength that'll be.A top class attacking midfielder to keep Gylffi on his toes and perform every week.We've other positions to fill more urgency but I'd love to see us do what we've done with Wilf by bringing in Gomis as real competition.

For me this is actually a high priority area as there is a question mark about Gylfi's ability to create assists, and - as the friendlies seem to be showing - we don't have another creative midfielder laying on loads of chances.
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 05:23 - Aug 1 with 1635 viewsdameedna

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 02:09 - Aug 1 by AnotherJohn

For me this is actually a high priority area as there is a question mark about Gylfi's ability to create assists, and - as the friendlies seem to be showing - we don't have another creative midfielder laying on loads of chances.

Shelvey and Ki are utility players
We have Gylfi and Emnes who can play AM.
Not sure why we need another AM option.
How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 06:02 - Aug 1 with 1620 viewsDr_Winston

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 05:23 - Aug 1 by dameedna

Shelvey and Ki are utility players
We have Gylfi and Emnes who can play AM.
Not sure why we need another AM option.

This.

Cover/competition for Leon, a new RB and maybe a cheap third striker. Otherwise we're fine.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 08:11 - Aug 1 with 1517 viewsmax936

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 06:02 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

This.

Cover/competition for Leon, a new RB and maybe a cheap third striker. Otherwise we're fine.

A CDM is a must and sooner rather than later, just who is a difficult one, a right back is also a need, probably just as much as a cdm, a different type of Striker possibly as well, Pilkington would be a good option for both wing and amf depends on cost that one though.

Although, I'd be supprised to see another 4 players coming through the doors.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 09:33 - Aug 1 with 1446 viewsJackSomething

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 06:02 - Aug 1 by Dr_Winston

This.

Agreed.

Anyone who questions Gylfi's ability to create chances didn't see how much Danny Graham loved playing with him.

I'm not sold on Naughton, but if we rounded off our business with a season loan for him and another for JDG, plus signed a DM (Cork would be great, can't see it though), then I'd be happy.

A loan for a young third striker/attacking option (Nick Powell, Lucas Piazon?) would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially after Monk's comments that the club have to prioritise positions, that they can't strengthen everywhere.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 09:48 - Aug 1 with 1411 viewsJackTheLad

Why would we spend £5m on a player that makes Tiendalli look like Dani Alves? Naughton would be a HUGE mistake. We'd then have 3, even 4 if you count Jazz, right backs who aren't up to PL standard, some people won't like me saying that but the truth hurts so to speak.

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:01 - Aug 1 with 1385 viewsJackSomething

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 09:48 - Aug 1 by JackTheLad

Why would we spend £5m on a player that makes Tiendalli look like Dani Alves? Naughton would be a HUGE mistake. We'd then have 3, even 4 if you count Jazz, right backs who aren't up to PL standard, some people won't like me saying that but the truth hurts so to speak.

If you're responding to my post, I both made it clear that I'm not convinced about Naughton and that if we were to sign him, it should be a long-term loan.

We need a RB though and if the club feel Naughton is the right man, then fair enough. He fits in with our type of signing. Highly rated at a lower-league club, but not developed as expected when signed by a big club. What you've posted is very similar to what a lot of people posted about Shelvey last summer.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 1 with 1370 viewsItchySphincter

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 09:33 - Aug 1 by JackSomething

Agreed.

Anyone who questions Gylfi's ability to create chances didn't see how much Danny Graham loved playing with him.

I'm not sold on Naughton, but if we rounded off our business with a season loan for him and another for JDG, plus signed a DM (Cork would be great, can't see it though), then I'd be happy.

A loan for a young third striker/attacking option (Nick Powell, Lucas Piazon?) would be the cherry on the icing on the cake, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially after Monk's comments that the club have to prioritise positions, that they can't strengthen everywhere.

I don't remember it that way. When Gylfi joined the well dried up for Danny Graham. It was the beginning of the end for him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:16 - Aug 1 with 1339 viewsJackSomething

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:05 - Aug 1 by ItchySphincter

I don't remember it that way. When Gylfi joined the well dried up for Danny Graham. It was the beginning of the end for him.

I've just had a look. Graham scored 6 of his 12 league goals after Sigurdsson signed for us. I thought the beginning of the end for him was his behaviour off the pitch/drinking?

I will admit though that I was expressly thinking of Gylfi's lovely through ball on his debut against Arsenal for Graham to score the winner and his setting up Graham for the winner in the next game against WBA. I don't know how many more chances he created beyond that, but they show he can create chances for strikers.

Did Michu provide many chances for our strikers in his two seasons? If Gylfi can score around 10 goals himself and provide around 5 assists, I think we'll all be happy he's done his job.

How many more players do we need and will there be any big money signings (n/t) on 10:18 - Aug 1 with 1331 viewsGiant_Penguins

We prob. need a striker backup - after Rory was injured (or 2 - depending on if Bony stays or not), a right back, a central defensive mid., perhaps some coverage for our left back as well and a winger. Dont suspect any big money signings, seems more likely with some development players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024