Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN 09:11 - Aug 21 with 8697 viewsstevethejack

Just announced on Sky Sports News
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:34 - Aug 21 with 2234 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 12:43 - Aug 21 by acejack3065

Brenda was worse for it though.

Gary is obviously learning a lot from him up in scouseland. His media training is probably something I wouldn't have listened to to be honest.

Agreed, although Bren had this underlying warmth / blarney and could switch to self mocking which mitigated and softened some of his most outrageous self promotion.

By the time he was on MOTD it seemed like he was really selling himself and was taking credit for everything that moved. Sickened me a bit but he had achieved much with us by then so at least he had something substantial to boast about (but still tacky to do that however talented / successful you actually are).

Much more statesman like now although his insecurities in his early days at Liverpool were some of the worst.

My main gripe is not being able to credit (or at least not criticise) the giants on whose shoulders you are standing, just seems low rent.

Let your achievements speak for you is the classiest thing to do IMHO. Monk just needs to do that and relax a bit more.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 13:35]
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:40 - Aug 21 with 2215 viewsacejack3065

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:34 - Aug 21 by Spratty

Agreed, although Bren had this underlying warmth / blarney and could switch to self mocking which mitigated and softened some of his most outrageous self promotion.

By the time he was on MOTD it seemed like he was really selling himself and was taking credit for everything that moved. Sickened me a bit but he had achieved much with us by then so at least he had something substantial to boast about (but still tacky to do that however talented / successful you actually are).

Much more statesman like now although his insecurities in his early days at Liverpool were some of the worst.

My main gripe is not being able to credit (or at least not criticise) the giants on whose shoulders you are standing, just seems low rent.

Let your achievements speak for you is the classiest thing to do IMHO. Monk just needs to do that and relax a bit more.

Personally im not bothered if the gaffer is shyte with the media as long as he can get the footballing part of the job done.

Of course it does help if your manager can hold court with a sea of journalists without coming across like David Brent or a racist.
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:44 - Aug 21 with 2197 viewsPegojack

Maybe he needs to cultivate a brusque, dismissive style, a la Strachan.

Journo: "Gordon, Gordon, could you just give me a quick word?"
Gordon Strachan: "Velocity"
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:50 - Aug 21 with 2164 viewsmonmouth

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 13:34 - Aug 21 by Spratty

I've always found him to credit Huw the Board and the fans quite warmly.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 14:38 - Aug 21 with 2053 viewsMagicDaps

To be honest, I couldn't care less if he sounds like David Brent as long as he's doing his job well. It certainly didn't seem to do Rodgers any harm when he was here, and all that's important is that he and his players believe in him.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 14:50 - Aug 21 with 2014 viewsSwan91

Anychance of watching online? Don't have SSN
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:02 - Aug 21 with 1976 viewsBaker

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 14:50 - Aug 21 by Swan91

Anychance of watching online? Don't have SSN

http://www.footyfree.tv/sky-sports-news-free-stream.html

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:09 - Aug 21 with 1926 viewsC_jack

Darran said we were on SSN once, and I was sat waiting for about 4 hours.

Has it started yet?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:10 - Aug 21 with 1924 viewsJackfath

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:09 - Aug 21 by C_jack

Darran said we were on SSN once, and I was sat waiting for about 4 hours.

Has it started yet?

No.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:14 - Aug 21 with 1881 viewsPrivate_Partz

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:10 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

No.

No sign of him yet after wrestling with streams. All I have is Fat Sam and the Baldy Waiter.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:21 - Aug 21 with 1821 viewsJackfath

He's still not on.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:23 - Aug 21 with 1788 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 14:38 - Aug 21 by MagicDaps

To be honest, I couldn't care less if he sounds like David Brent as long as he's doing his job well. It certainly didn't seem to do Rodgers any harm when he was here, and all that's important is that he and his players believe in him.

Would not say that was all that is important but take your point. If a number are picking up his Brentesque qualities here you can bet the players are too.

However if they believe in themselves and are happy Monk is giving them the best opportunity to achieve to their utmost potential on the pitch and respecting them for their abilities and achievements then I am sure that will not matter to them. As I say he just needs to relax, it will make life easier for him if he can.

Of course I cannot think Angel was best impressed when openly blamed on TV after Hull but hopefully Monk will learn from such things. Similarly his comment on not wanting Michu back just makes him seem curlish and could potentially disadvantage the club. Non commital answers are easy enough to give. Jurnos are a minefield but it is an real part of the manager's job.
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:24 - Aug 21 with 1776 viewsC_jack

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:21 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

He's still not on.

Do you think they do this on purpose? Announce it as 3pm so everyone is waiting, whilst watching their channel. I can't imagine Huw would call a conference for 3pm and then turn up hours later.

Clever but very misleading.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2014 15:25]

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:24 - Aug 21 with 1777 viewsJackfath

Still not on.

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:32 - Aug 21 with 1690 viewsC_jack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-live-garr

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:34 - Aug 21 with 1668 viewsC_jack

No bid for De Guzman was made

FF not received international clearance to play against Burnley

Will do the Ice Bucket challenge after being nominated by Enzo Macrinelli

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:38 - Aug 21 with 1621 viewsJackfath

Still not on.

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:43 - Aug 21 with 1558 viewsperchrockjack

brentesque eh .hmm nice

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:44 - Aug 21 with 1555 viewsPrivate_Partz

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:38 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

Still not on.

All done and dusted then. I am off.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:45 - Aug 21 with 1543 viewsCatullus

Maybe Monks is doing an alternative version of what SAF used to do. If people are talking about him, then they aren't bitching about players and that takes pressure off.
It could be Monk is just a poor interviewee, but as others said, who cares what he comes across as if he's getting things on the pitch right!!

Personally, I don't think he's done too bad. He's still learning after all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:46 - Aug 21 with 1540 viewslifelong

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:38 - Aug 21 by Jackfath

Still not on.

Was that it?
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:50 - Aug 21 with 1501 viewsDarran

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:23 - Aug 21 by Spratty

Would not say that was all that is important but take your point. If a number are picking up his Brentesque qualities here you can bet the players are too.

However if they believe in themselves and are happy Monk is giving them the best opportunity to achieve to their utmost potential on the pitch and respecting them for their abilities and achievements then I am sure that will not matter to them. As I say he just needs to relax, it will make life easier for him if he can.

Of course I cannot think Angel was best impressed when openly blamed on TV after Hull but hopefully Monk will learn from such things. Similarly his comment on not wanting Michu back just makes him seem curlish and could potentially disadvantage the club. Non commital answers are easy enough to give. Jurnos are a minefield but it is an real part of the manager's job.

Why can't you stop saying the same things over and over again?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:51 - Aug 21 with 1487 viewsMolliemick

Wow! Thanks OP, that was worth waiting for! NOT
Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:52 - Aug 21 with 1477 viewsperchrockjack

I cam now distinguish between spratty and starsky -my new bestie

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:52 - Aug 21 with 1466 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk Press Conference 3pm SSN on 15:50 - Aug 21 by Darran

Why can't you stop saying the same things over and over again?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Right back at ya brown eyes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024