Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Screens 19:31 - Aug 22 with 20881 viewsSwan91

Look set for tomorrow, looks pretty nice from close up
The Screens on 11:54 - Aug 24 with 2200 viewsDr_Winston

Blaming the council because the roof can't do what it wasn't designed to do but the club went ahead and did anyway?

Not exactly his finest hour that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Screens on 11:54 - Aug 24 with 2200 viewsAndy1300

The Screens on 11:51 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

Genius!

People stating to only have a screen at the away end.... What about our home fans in the north and NE or NW. Corners?

They wouldn't be able to see them, but that's ok, as long as a few in the south are catered for that's fine

Number 1 team in Wales

The Screens on 11:57 - Aug 24 with 2187 viewsKennedy

Opps was reading the complaints before refreshing
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 11:58]

Just call me JFK

The Screens on 11:58 - Aug 24 with 2180 viewsjackonicko

The Screens on 11:54 - Aug 24 by Dr_Winston

Blaming the council because the roof can't do what it wasn't designed to do but the club went ahead and did anyway?

Not exactly his finest hour that.

Someone else's fault. T'was ever thus...
The Screens on 12:02 - Aug 24 with 2151 viewsfbreath

The Screens on 11:50 - Aug 24 by Clydachjack

Sorry about small pic. But if you zoom in you can read it.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2014 11:52]

That's like going to dfs buying a settee without checking if it will actually fit.

So easy for a cad drawing to show you what it would have looked like and the effect.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Screens on 12:40 - Aug 24 with 2074 viewscanhecatchit

Had it by good authority that these screens are controlled by some person sitting in a room in Preston of all places

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

The Screens on 14:27 - Aug 24 with 1968 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 11:58 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

Someone else's fault. T'was ever thus...

Ironically it's also not correct. I happen to know that when the stadium was built the supports for the small scoreboards were strong enough to support proper screens - the infrastructure was put in place, but the screens were not bought at that time due to financial constraints.

Now it is possible that the screens that were envisaged at that point are smaller and lighter than the ones that are now available (since obviously technology has moved on) but the screens planned (or planned for 'one day when there was money') certainly could have been positioned on the existing supports.

There is a bit of a long history of 'it's Stadco's fault / the council's fault' when the club wants to avoid the blame . What people don't necessarily think of every time this comes up, is that the club is by far the loudest voice in Stadco and for years what the club says and wants is generally what gets done (largely because they are the only one of the partners with money). It's just a convenient excuse.
The Screens on 14:48 - Aug 24 with 1926 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 14:27 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

Ironically it's also not correct. I happen to know that when the stadium was built the supports for the small scoreboards were strong enough to support proper screens - the infrastructure was put in place, but the screens were not bought at that time due to financial constraints.

Now it is possible that the screens that were envisaged at that point are smaller and lighter than the ones that are now available (since obviously technology has moved on) but the screens planned (or planned for 'one day when there was money') certainly could have been positioned on the existing supports.

There is a bit of a long history of 'it's Stadco's fault / the council's fault' when the club wants to avoid the blame . What people don't necessarily think of every time this comes up, is that the club is by far the loudest voice in Stadco and for years what the club says and wants is generally what gets done (largely because they are the only one of the partners with money). It's just a convenient excuse.

Well screen technology hasn't got any heavier.

Interesting comments though. There's clearly a gap between what you were told back then and the engineers who put these up though.

That wriggling on Twitter doesn't help, nor does blaming a partner for no good reason.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

The Screens on 14:51 - Aug 24 with 1917 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Screens on 14:48 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

Interesting comments though. There's clearly a gap between what you were told back then and the engineers who put these up though.

That wriggling on Twitter doesn't help, nor does blaming a partner for no good reason.

The club's been blaming Stadco for everything that's gone wrong since we moved to the Liberty. Can't see that changing any time soon. The board appears to think its made of teflon.

Poll: Tory leader

The Screens on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 1907 viewsfbreath

The Screens on 14:51 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

The club's been blaming Stadco for everything that's gone wrong since we moved to the Liberty. Can't see that changing any time soon. The board appears to think its made of teflon.

Imagine if it was made of lego

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

The Screens on 15:03 - Aug 24 with 1888 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 14:51 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

Blaming Stadco is one thing, blaming the council is quite another though. Found that rather surprising.

The club paid for the screens. Whether they chose and installed them I don't know and maybe the issue here is the club not having the sort of control over Stadco they should, but installing screens which impacts the view of quite a lot is pretty careless to say the least.

The Screens on 15:06 - Aug 24 with 1872 viewsJackoBoostardo

So you pay to watch the match..you can see the whole pitch and see the game, and still complain to Dineen? Blocking your peripheral scenery is an issue too now?

Unless I'm missing something, some people just seem to want a moan.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Screens on 15:08 - Aug 24 with 1867 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 14:48 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

no but maybe the screens are bigger?

Don't know, but I was told last week that the structures were definitely there to support big screens from the start.

Incidentally - this is also consistent with the pics that were released of the screen in place just a couple of months ago where they were clearly situated in the existing supports.

I think the flippant ' it's Stadco's fault / council's fault' on twitter is wrong - the club know damn well that they were involved in all the decisions made from the very beginning, but Leigh does talk about it as though this is the first they've ever heard of stuff. Same with the ticketing from the start where a number of much more advanced options were presented to the club and they said no because they weren't prepared to pay for it (or pay their share since it was a bit more even back in those days when we were in League 1).
The Screens on 15:18 - Aug 24 with 1834 viewsClydachjack

This is the contents of the letter received by some of those affected on Friday morning.

The Screens on 15:20 - Aug 24 with 1823 viewsairedale

Could be that they went to Tandy for the screens, and after they'd paid for them and when they were delivered there was a note in the box from the salesman saying 'Oh by the way, our screens are a bit sensitive to inclement weather'.
The Screens on 15:25 - Aug 24 with 1803 viewsjackonicko

The Screens on 15:08 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

Don't know, but I was told last week that the structures were definitely there to support big screens from the start.

Incidentally - this is also consistent with the pics that were released of the screen in place just a couple of months ago where they were clearly situated in the existing supports.

I think the flippant ' it's Stadco's fault / council's fault' on twitter is wrong - the club know damn well that they were involved in all the decisions made from the very beginning, but Leigh does talk about it as though this is the first they've ever heard of stuff. Same with the ticketing from the start where a number of much more advanced options were presented to the club and they said no because they weren't prepared to pay for it (or pay their share since it was a bit more even back in those days when we were in League 1).

As I said earlier: t'was ever thus.

Huw was in the paper yesterday talking about the 39th game, and saying we had to support it as our non-match income was so low compared to the rest of the league.

Bloody Stadco.
The Screens on 15:26 - Aug 24 with 1801 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 15:18 - Aug 24 by Clydachjack

This is the contents of the letter received by some of those affected on Friday morning.

Reading that suggests to me that the screens are bigger than was envisaged originally to be able to get more advertising (maybe the bit at the bottom) hence why they have now gone further back rather than at the front of the stand.
The Screens on 15:32 - Aug 24 with 1768 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 15:08 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

You'd have thought such issues would have been determined during planning.

As for the ticketing, I'm not sure these are vendor or design related, or at least those could have been mitigated if the system had been tested to at least some degree. To have the issues we have with barcode issues just smacks of nobody bothering to test whether the system works before us proles get a chance to use it. I bet all will be fine in a few weeks which'll prove the point.

The Screens on 15:33 - Aug 24 with 1757 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 15:25 - Aug 24 by jackonicko

As I said earlier: t'was ever thus.

Huw was in the paper yesterday talking about the 39th game, and saying we had to support it as our non-match income was so low compared to the rest of the league.

Bloody Stadco.

Surprised more hadn't been made of that. I'm not a fan.

The Screens on 15:44 - Aug 24 with 1731 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 15:32 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

You'd have thought such issues would have been determined during planning.

As for the ticketing, I'm not sure these are vendor or design related, or at least those could have been mitigated if the system had been tested to at least some degree. To have the issues we have with barcode issues just smacks of nobody bothering to test whether the system works before us proles get a chance to use it. I bet all will be fine in a few weeks which'll prove the point.

well yes you would, but the pictures suggested the screens were on the front (and the originally planning certainly allowed for that). My guess, and it's only a guess would be a decision along the lines of 'if we spend an extra £10k we can get bigger screens that will bring in more advertising revenue, problem is they can't then be put at the front becuase they're bigger than we specified, but they won't really obstruct people's view and within a couple of weeks everyone will have forgotten about it'. 'Go on then - we can always blame the stadium and the council if anyone moans since no one will know whether what we say is right or not'.

On the ticketing - I was referring to the original system, not this one - I know nothing about this one, and because I couldn't come down to the game yesterday, I have yet to experience it! Originally, the system first installed could have done quite a lot, but the club didn't want to pay more than the minimum - again, for years, all crap with it was explained away by 'it's Stadco's fault' or 'the ticket office' as though the club didn't play any part in the decision making (and in fact, were the ones to veto the better system that the other 2 parties always wanted).
The Screens on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 1722 viewslondonlisa2001

The Screens on 15:33 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

It's a ridiculous idea. Having said that, it won't matter a jot if we support it or not - it'll only be the handful of big clubs that will make it work or otherwise and everyone else will just have to do what they decide.
The Screens on 15:58 - Aug 24 with 1701 viewsUxbridge

The Screens on 15:44 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

well yes you would, but the pictures suggested the screens were on the front (and the originally planning certainly allowed for that). My guess, and it's only a guess would be a decision along the lines of 'if we spend an extra £10k we can get bigger screens that will bring in more advertising revenue, problem is they can't then be put at the front becuase they're bigger than we specified, but they won't really obstruct people's view and within a couple of weeks everyone will have forgotten about it'. 'Go on then - we can always blame the stadium and the council if anyone moans since no one will know whether what we say is right or not'.

On the ticketing - I was referring to the original system, not this one - I know nothing about this one, and because I couldn't come down to the game yesterday, I have yet to experience it! Originally, the system first installed could have done quite a lot, but the club didn't want to pay more than the minimum - again, for years, all crap with it was explained away by 'it's Stadco's fault' or 'the ticket office' as though the club didn't play any part in the decision making (and in fact, were the ones to veto the better system that the other 2 parties always wanted).

You cynic, you

The Screens on 16:01 - Aug 24 with 1693 viewsC_jack

The Screens on 15:33 - Aug 24 by Uxbridge

It's going to happen, and as Huw says, we will benefit hugely from it so I don't see the problem really. The game has to evolve.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Screens on 16:02 - Aug 24 with 1690 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What happens to the screens when we expand?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Screens on 16:09 - Aug 24 with 1665 viewsmonmouth

The Screens on 15:44 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I reckon the conversation was a little different:

Board: 'if we spend an extra £10k we can get bigger screens that will bring in more advertising revenue'. Screens ordered. Sometime later:

Engineer: 'You cant put them on the roof you know'

Board: 'Oh Sh1t'

Engineer: 'yes'

Board: 'What can we do'

Engineer: Put them lower and obstruct a few punters, they'll still be able to see the pitch, it'll just be a much diminished experience'.

Board: 'so we can physically put them up somewhere? Phew, thank feck. On you go matey. Leigh, get someone to draft a letter fobbing off the punters will you. tell them it enhances everyone's experience; give them a chance to shift if they insist, then we can put walk up customers there. Now, about these pitchside thingies, what's the brightest bulbs we can get.....'

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024