Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss kick off 09:35 - Aug 24 with 12599 viewsDyfnant

I was turned away at turnstile 28 yesterday at 1452 as my ticket had 'already been used'
Proceeded to the ticket office where around 200 others were queuing with similar issues. Got to the front around 1520 and was issued a new card, went to my designated turnstiles and found them all closed. Walked around to the north stand (nearest by this stage) card failed as before and a steward was called. Arrived 5 minutes later and told 1 turnstile will be open on the East, found turnstile, card rejected again.
Back to ticket office, no queue thankfully. Bloke recognised me , took card around the side and handed it back saying it'll work now. Told him I want someone to go with me and someone came from the back to show me the card working on his scanner. Did eventually scan, actually got into the concourse at 1537.
I've no issue with any of the staff involved, they were all great and apologetic when it's clearly not their fault, however someone there is responsible. Is it Huw Cooze? or Leigh Dineen ? because if this happens to me again next week I want whoever it is out there with me.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:43 - Aug 24 with 5571 viewsDr_Winston

Should have been sorted after the Villareal fiasco. If it's still not fixed by the next game then jobs need to be lost.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:46 - Aug 24 with 5549 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't see the point of having a whizzy new electronic system and still need a person sitting in the turnstile scanning your card for you.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:46 - Aug 24 with 5537 viewsexiledclaseboy

And Dyfnant should be due some kind of refund.

Poll: Tory leader

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:47 - Aug 24 with 5523 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:46 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

I don't see the point of having a whizzy new electronic system and still need a person sitting in the turnstile scanning your card for you.

"Computer says 'no'"

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:48 - Aug 24 with 5508 viewsGowerjack

Exactly

What do we gain?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:50 - Aug 24 with 5480 viewsBillyChong

The new system takes longer than the old. Someone in front of me also got turned down as the machine recognised it as a used ticket when it wasn't. Shambles.
Anyone else miss kick off on 09:50 - Aug 24 with 5475 viewsraynor94

Loads in the west didn't get in till 15 20, this needs sorting sharpish, it's a worse system than just showing your card

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:59 - Aug 24 with 5405 viewsorion3016

i was there really early and the guy took about 5 goes at scanning my never before used card, i said to him this is going to be chaos at 2.30 and he just laughed

Be over there now after

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:59 - Aug 24 with 5405 viewsPhil_S

Exactly. I was told by a senior steward yesterday that the ticketing company wanted to put the automated scanners in but it was Stadco that decided that would not happen.

I have no idea whether that is true or not but I'm trying to find out as it is pointless
Anyone else miss kick off on 10:14 - Aug 24 with 5310 viewsPrivate_Partz

Anyone else miss kick off on 09:59 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

Exactly. I was told by a senior steward yesterday that the ticketing company wanted to put the automated scanners in but it was Stadco that decided that would not happen.

I have no idea whether that is true or not but I'm trying to find out as it is pointless

It is a shame the teething problems are still there. We got down there early expecting problems only to find few queues and we sailed through. This meant an extra pint of the grim beer and we missed happy half hour!
Phil: do you think the hand held scanners are a stop gap measure? I expect they are expensive to install but not so to hire. If so it could be a test prior to full installation. Otherwise it is indeed pointless having all turnstiles manned with operators using hand held scanners.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:17 - Aug 24 with 5283 viewsPhil_S

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:14 - Aug 24 by Private_Partz

It is a shame the teething problems are still there. We got down there early expecting problems only to find few queues and we sailed through. This meant an extra pint of the grim beer and we missed happy half hour!
Phil: do you think the hand held scanners are a stop gap measure? I expect they are expensive to install but not so to hire. If so it could be a test prior to full installation. Otherwise it is indeed pointless having all turnstiles manned with operators using hand held scanners.

I would have assumed that was the long term plan. I dont see the point in starting with hand helds and then moving to permanent ones as that would be double teething problems IMO.

I would have just gone straight to permanent ones with rigorous testing which didnt happen
Anyone else miss kick off on 10:19 - Aug 24 with 5268 viewsorion3016

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:14 - Aug 24 by Private_Partz

the fiddling about with the scanners by the operators is where the issues are caused
if these scanners were fixed then the cards would be easily read and you would just need 1 person covering 2 turnstiles in case there are issues.

i think the main problem is that the gates are manually operated and even when scanned in the steward still needs to press something to unlock the gates

Be over there now after

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:40 - Aug 24 with 5163 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Were you in the ticket office when that kid got arrested? Loads of pissed off people in there and I didn't get to my seat til 3.25

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:40 - Aug 24 with 5158 viewsPhil_S

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:40 - Aug 24 by Brynmill_Jack

Were you in the ticket office when that kid got arrested? Loads of pissed off people in there and I didn't get to my seat til 3.25

What did he get arrested for?
Anyone else miss kick off on 10:47 - Aug 24 with 5125 viewsBonjour

We arrived late (due to the traffic) and there were queues outside the turnstiles - this was about 2.55pm.

Everyone outside was saying how much of a joke it was and it needed sorting. This sums up the mentality imo. People just want to moan before they've even given it a chance. The fact is, there's always queues at that time before a game - I'm always in them.

The queue also moved as fast as they ever did last year.

I'm not saying that it's a perfect system as there are obviously people out there that have had problems but imo it is not as bad as some are making out.
Anyone else miss kick off on 10:49 - Aug 24 with 5106 viewsRancid

Didn't Leigh Dineen state in the week that there could be teething problems and for us to show patience while it sorted itself out?
Anyone else miss kick off on 10:52 - Aug 24 with 5089 viewsScoobyWho

Is this just tickets bought or a season ticket problem as well ?

I know one lad and his son from Reading didn't get in until the 2nd half, but they had print off tickets.

He was fuming. Apparently the young boy was taken away to calm down ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:57 - Aug 24 with 5058 viewsDyfnant

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:40 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

What did he get arrested for?

Being a bellend

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:01 - Aug 24 with 5037 viewsDyfnant

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:49 - Aug 24 by Rancid

Didn't Leigh Dineen state in the week that there could be teething problems and for us to show patience while it sorted itself out?

If he's in charge of it then he should be in the ticket office missing the game with the rest of us.
I've had the same seat and ST since our first season in the championship

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:01 - Aug 24 with 5033 viewsUxbridge

Anyone else miss kick off on 10:17 - Aug 24 by Phil_S

I would have assumed that was the long term plan. I dont see the point in starting with hand helds and then moving to permanent ones as that would be double teething problems IMO.

I would have just gone straight to permanent ones with rigorous testing which didnt happen

My thoughts exactly. Really not good enough.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:02 - Aug 24 with 5027 viewsDyfnant

Yeah I was talking to you in the queue

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:13 - Aug 24 with 4953 viewsDarran

Every car park pass had to be scanned too and they were queuing like 40 cars out to the main road.
An absolutely f*cking joke.

How come things like this only seen to happen at Swansea City then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:15 - Aug 24 with 4935 viewsAndy1300

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:13 - Aug 24 by Darran

Every car park pass had to be scanned too and they were queuing like 40 cars out to the main road.

Old guy behind me was let getting in due to car park queue

Feckin shambles

Number 1 team in Wales

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:16 - Aug 24 with 4927 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:13 - Aug 24 by Darran

Because we don't go out and get the best people available to run these things?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone else miss kick off on 11:22 - Aug 24 with 4876 viewsJackfath

What was the main purpose of using the new bar code/scanner system?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024