Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vorm 14:18 - Aug 24 with 9247 viewsthejack1912

Doesn't even make the Spurs bench

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Vorm on 14:24 - Aug 24 with 5139 viewsJethroJack

Doris Mk II.
Vorm on 14:29 - Aug 24 with 5120 viewslondonlisa2001

Looks like that Utrecht case is getting weaker and weaker as the weeks go by....
Vorm on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 5106 viewsHuw57

Davies on the bench again too.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Vorm on 14:34 - Aug 24 with 5094 viewsRancid

He didn't Tweet a goodbye and thank you message to us so phuck him.
Vorm on 14:35 - Aug 24 with 5086 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 14:32 - Aug 24 by Huw57

Davies on the bench again too.

I'm not sure that is all going to plan.

According to Spurs fans, Ben was bought to replace Danny Rose as first choice. Within a fairly short time of Ben getting to Spurs they offered Rose a new 5 year deal and he remains first choice. Maybe Ben is not doing as well in training as he and Spurs themselves hoped? £10m is a lot to pay for a reserve left back.

Ah well, as Darran would say .........
Vorm on 14:38 - Aug 24 with 5057 viewsepaul

Vorm on 14:35 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I'm not sure that is all going to plan.

According to Spurs fans, Ben was bought to replace Danny Rose as first choice. Within a fairly short time of Ben getting to Spurs they offered Rose a new 5 year deal and he remains first choice. Maybe Ben is not doing as well in training as he and Spurs themselves hoped? £10m is a lot to pay for a reserve left back.

Ah well, as Darran would say .........

My mate a Spurs fan said the same, he can't understand why Ben aint starting ahead of Rose

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Vorm on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 5032 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 14:38 - Aug 24 by epaul

My mate a Spurs fan said the same, he can't understand why Ben aint starting ahead of Rose

I know a few big Spurs fans and they all pretty much think Rose is crap (I have never noticed if I watch them on the tv or against us but they really don't like him). Mind you, they don't appear overly impressed with Ben at the moment?
Vorm on 14:44 - Aug 24 with 5024 viewsZut_Alors

Hope Ben does well, suspect he'll get a shot once they've lost a game or two.
Login to get fewer ads

Vorm on 14:46 - Aug 24 with 5006 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 14:44 - Aug 24 by Zut_Alors

Hope Ben does well, suspect he'll get a shot once they've lost a game or two.

I do too as he seems like a nice lad. Having said that, I thought he was overrated and our weak spot last season and I think he would have been better off not moving to a 'big' club so soon. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but the fans of these clubs are so unforgiving it makes our moaners looks like Laker girls.
Vorm on 14:50 - Aug 24 with 4969 viewsZut_Alors

Vorm on 14:46 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I do too as he seems like a nice lad. Having said that, I thought he was overrated and our weak spot last season and I think he would have been better off not moving to a 'big' club so soon. Hopefully I'm proved wrong but the fans of these clubs are so unforgiving it makes our moaners looks like Laker girls.

The fact that he came into the side and did so well was obviously going to attract a lot of praise. For a young lad, though, I think Laudrup could have perhaps given him some better instruction. Likewise Monk could have done with playing Taylor in a few more games, as I think Ben was knackered.
Vorm on 15:06 - Aug 24 with 4880 viewslifelong

Vorm on 14:46 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

Can't agree that Ben was our weak spot, in fact if he was still here he probably would have started yesterday with Taylor on the bench.

With Ben and Taylor here our left back position was well covered, Ben hasn't been replaced and he needs to be.
Vorm on 15:15 - Aug 24 with 4839 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 15:06 - Aug 24 by lifelong

Can't agree that Ben was our weak spot, in fact if he was still here he probably would have started yesterday with Taylor on the bench.

With Ben and Taylor here our left back position was well covered, Ben hasn't been replaced and he needs to be.

I'm sure that he would have started - Monk obviously had a much better opinion of him than I ever did. I thought last season our 'soft' goals always came from him being out of position and slow to get back.
I've said on here many times though that I know I was in a minority.

I still think that Taylor before his injury was the better player - doesn't seem to have recovered from that fully at the moment though, although I thought he was better yesterday than a week ago and hope that a run in the side will help.

I think we need full back cover though - on both sides actually.
Vorm on 15:36 - Aug 24 with 4759 viewsJethroJack

Let's wait till the January window.......and put in a cheeky £5M bid for Ben.
Vorm on 15:55 - Aug 24 with 4675 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ben should have been dropped last season, not only for the teams benefit but for his own good too.

He was playing very poorly and he desperately needed a rest. It definitely stunted his development and I am amazed Taylor didn't throw his toys out of the pram for a second time because he had a valid reason to do so last year.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Vorm on 16:58 - Aug 24 with 4550 viewsbluenile

Vorm on 15:55 - Aug 24 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ben should have been dropped last season, not only for the teams benefit but for his own good too.

He was playing very poorly and he desperately needed a rest. It definitely stunted his development and I am amazed Taylor didn't throw his toys out of the pram for a second time because he had a valid reason to do so last year.

DYS in 'talking sense' shock horror probe......................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Vorm on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 4529 viewsperchrockjack

True.
Ben financially has made a life defining move but career wise not the best as I believe he ll be found out at this stage.
With a bigger club comes bigger pressure.

Pochi won't give him any mercy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vorm on 17:15 - Aug 24 with 4487 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 17:01 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

True.
Ben financially has made a life defining move but career wise not the best as I believe he ll be found out at this stage.
With a bigger club comes bigger pressure.

Pochi won't give him any mercy

but the thing I never understand is that the money that they all earn with us is more than enough anyway for several lifetimes. If Ben had stayed and become a 'key player' he would be on the best part of £30-£35k per week. He's only 22, he would earn enough, it's not like we're talking about our players signing for a club and earning £50k per week when they've been on £2k is it? None of them ever seem to think longer term than next week's pay packet.
Vorm on 17:20 - Aug 24 with 4457 viewsperchrockjack

Lisa.
It's modern footballer mentality.

Why would a player earning 150k and living in a vibrant part of the world want to up sticks for another. 50 k.

It's not really gonna be spent but most see it as ego thing ergo I'm the best player so I want the highest wage.

I would love a salary cap world wide

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Vorm on 17:24 - Aug 24 with 4434 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 17:20 - Aug 24 by perchrockjack

Lisa.
It's modern footballer mentality.

Why would a player earning 150k and living in a vibrant part of the world want to up sticks for another. 50 k.

It's not really gonna be spent but most see it as ego thing ergo I'm the best player so I want the highest wage.

I would love a salary cap world wide

I agree re ego - I think it's all about that. I am perceived as a better player if I play for Spurs rather than Swansea type stuff. Ironically, of course, he'd be perceived of as a better player by playing for us than warming his backside on the Spurs bench, but, again, they always believe themselves to be better than they are, and seemingly no one ever has a quiet word to tell them to wait for a bit because their agents want to move if anything more than they do.

Never ever learn. Shame.
Vorm on 17:33 - Aug 24 with 4390 viewsicecoldjack

So nobody thinks Ben was helped through the door the secure the Siggy deal then ?

Ben has a few faults and it looks like they have already been discovered at Spurs, he will come good though its only been 2 games !
Vorm on 17:38 - Aug 24 with 4375 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 17:33 - Aug 24 by icecoldjack

So nobody thinks Ben was helped through the door the secure the Siggy deal then ?

Ben has a few faults and it looks like they have already been discovered at Spurs, he will come good though its only been 2 games !

I'm not saying that - I'm talking about the player and I believe that if Ben had wanted to stay, he would have done.

Agree re early days, but it should be put in context a bit - this wasn't Spurs signing someone where they felt they were already strong to provide good competition, this was them signing someone to go straight into their first team in the area they perceived to be very weak. And it's also not like joining after the season starts and taking a few weeks to settle before being picked - he joined them for most of the business end of pre season.
Vorm on 17:49 - Aug 24 with 4346 viewsRancid

I don't think young Ben had a say in the matter. He was being sold whether it to fund the Gylffi deal or another.I can't remember the club saying at any time he's not for sale.The only problem was going to be for how much.
Vorm on 17:52 - Aug 24 with 4335 viewslondonlisa2001

Vorm on 17:49 - Aug 24 by Rancid

I don't think young Ben had a say in the matter. He was being sold whether it to fund the Gylffi deal or another.I can't remember the club saying at any time he's not for sale.The only problem was going to be for how much.

well you may be right, but I had thought that we didn't say he wasn't for sale since he made it so clear he wanted to go to Spurs. Otherwise believe we would have sold Taylor instead (if Ben had wanted to stay).
Vorm on 18:03 - Aug 24 with 4301 viewsRancid

Vorm on 17:52 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

well you may be right, but I had thought that we didn't say he wasn't for sale since he made it so clear he wanted to go to Spurs. Otherwise believe we would have sold Taylor instead (if Ben had wanted to stay).

I think once Luke Shaw was sold to United the writing was on the wall for Ben.They were similar players and age there or thereabouts and often compared so him going for crazy money would have made our board sit up and take notice.

I might be wrong but I can't remember Ben saying where he wanted to go, it seemed to be to the highest bidder and once we pinpointed Gylffi, Spurs it was.
Vorm on 18:33 - Aug 24 with 4238 viewsorion3016

Is vorm injured? Otherwise being behind the pecking order for a 40 something goalie , just makes you wonder why they bothered buying him

Be over there now after

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024