Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread 07:25 - Sep 1 with 18016 viewsNeath_Jack

Does what it says on the tin.

My prediction.

Bony out.
Sinclair or Ayew in.
Bessone in.
Just miss out on Cork.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:16 - Sep 1 with 2579 viewsjacksfullaces

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 19:56 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

How is it unbelievable?

He has stated for a good while that he wants a LB and RW and has stated that each position that they are looking at half a dozen players so he has obviously given the board plenty of time and plenty of targets.

We are in a good position at present and a good start should open the boards eyes that the club cant let slip and rest and their laurels or what they have.

Monk would be let down if the players are not brought in, plenty of time and targets.

he also stated he wanted to get his business done early in the Summer, maybe huw thought he had.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:46 - Sep 1 with 2266 viewsthomasJack

1hour and 15min left dont think we will sell bony

Poll: Next signing

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:59 - Sep 1 with 2116 viewsmagicdaps10

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:46 - Sep 1 by thomasJack

1hour and 15min left dont think we will sell bony

The worry is not losing Bony but getting the required players we need to strengthen the squad.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:23 - Sep 1 with 1852 viewsmarchamjack

to the OP...oh dear...up there with Savage for predictions...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:38 - Sep 1 with 1672 viewsMagicDaps

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:59 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

The worry is not losing Bony but getting the required players we need to strengthen the squad.

I think keeping Bony is a much bigger issue then bringing in a back up left back or fourth choice winger. Especially considering Marvin Emnes is back in training and Stephen Kingsley is clearly impressing for the U21's.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:45 - Sep 1 with 1605 viewsJackSomething

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:38 - Sep 1 by MagicDaps

I think keeping Bony is a much bigger issue then bringing in a back up left back or fourth choice winger. Especially considering Marvin Emnes is back in training and Stephen Kingsley is clearly impressing for the U21's.

So you're the sane MagicDaps. Any chance you could talk some sense into your namesake?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:48 - Sep 1 with 1582 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:45 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

So you're the sane MagicDaps. Any chance you could talk some sense into your namesake?

Better do the same for Gary Monk as he wanted two players in as well ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:54 - Sep 1 with 1507 viewsymaohyd

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:38 - Sep 1 by MagicDaps

Those who show any interest in my threads will know that I'm not a wind up merchant, a big fan of the board and very much a Garry Monk disciple. I have to say though that I'm disappointed at today's activities at the Swans.

As you say, great that Bony is staying, but I must say that I'm very surprised that we have failed in getting a left back and defensive midfielder, along with another right winger.

The structure of the club is fantastic and no one is a bigger fan of the board, however the structure does seem to inhibit us on deadline day where a bit of fluidity is needed, something that we don't seem to have in a financial sense. The process of the Swans signing someone always seems like a long drawn affair and long may it continue given what the board have achieved, however I think we need to adapt our structure to cope with the transfer deadline day as we seemed to have missed out on a lot of last minute targets over the years.

One question, the player that we've signed from Spurs, is he a defensive midfielder? I'm on holidays at the moment and don't know much about him.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:55 - Sep 1 with 1482 viewsJackSomething

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:48 - Sep 1 by Private_Partz

Better do the same for Gary Monk as he wanted two players in as well ;-)

True enough. I don't think his reaction is likely to be too similar to MD10's though.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:57 - Sep 1 with 1456 viewsPrivate_Partz

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:54 - Sep 1 by ymaohyd

Those who show any interest in my threads will know that I'm not a wind up merchant, a big fan of the board and very much a Garry Monk disciple. I have to say though that I'm disappointed at today's activities at the Swans.

As you say, great that Bony is staying, but I must say that I'm very surprised that we have failed in getting a left back and defensive midfielder, along with another right winger.

The structure of the club is fantastic and no one is a bigger fan of the board, however the structure does seem to inhibit us on deadline day where a bit of fluidity is needed, something that we don't seem to have in a financial sense. The process of the Swans signing someone always seems like a long drawn affair and long may it continue given what the board have achieved, however I think we need to adapt our structure to cope with the transfer deadline day as we seemed to have missed out on a lot of last minute targets over the years.

One question, the player that we've signed from Spurs, is he a defensive midfielder? I'm on holidays at the moment and don't know much about him.

Good post that I agree with. To answer your question as best I can: Tom Carroll is very much in the Joe Allen mold. Dead ringer for him as well :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 1418 viewsAndy1300

Thank god it's now closed, we still have Wilfried

Number 1 team in Wales

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 1411 viewsJackSomething

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 22:54 - Sep 1 by ymaohyd

What negative effect has missing out on these players had though? We seem to be doing well enough.

The only position I thought we needed a first-11 type signing for was DM, but it doesn't look like Monk agreed, so that's irrelevant.

We've seen today with Canas how hard it can be to offload a player we no longer want. Being 'less flexible' on deadline day may well have saved us from signing some absolute shockers who may have ended up costing us a lot of money.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:06 - Sep 1 with 1316 viewsPhil_S

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:16 - Sep 1 with 1213 viewsmax936

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:00 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

What negative effect has missing out on these players had though? We seem to be doing well enough.

The only position I thought we needed a first-11 type signing for was DM, but it doesn't look like Monk agreed, so that's irrelevant.

We've seen today with Canas how hard it can be to offload a player we no longer want. Being 'less flexible' on deadline day may well have saved us from signing some absolute shockers who may have ended up costing us a lot of money.

In fairness Monk wanted two in, he's been saying it for a month and he hasn't got them, it'll be the usual retoric from Huw we tried very hard, but we couldn't get them done, think he's said the same thing the last 2 or 3 windows

Just hope that we don't get 3 or 4 injuries to any of our 1st 11, Barrow is raw, but had a good start to his Swans career tonite along with Kingsley and a couple of others, hopefully one or two of those wil push on and get bench time at least.

STID.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:18]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:21 - Sep 1 with 1171 viewsymaohyd

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:00 - Sep 1 by JackSomething

Fair comments.

I know that GM has worked his bolloks off so far, I just wonder if he feels frustrated at the fact that we had a list of many but failed to get our targets.

What happens if Neil Taylor or Dyer get injured. Tiendalli or Emnes covering?

I can't believe, given the meticulous way Monks has started his managerial career that he would have been happy with that. In fact if it wasn't for the fact that he is a massive club man and probably feels hugely in debt to the board, i'd say he may feel let down.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:23 - Sep 1 with 1146 viewsSwan91

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:21 - Sep 1 by ymaohyd

Fair comments.

I know that GM has worked his bolloks off so far, I just wonder if he feels frustrated at the fact that we had a list of many but failed to get our targets.

I can't believe, given the meticulous way Monks has started his managerial career that he would have been happy with that. In fact if it wasn't for the fact that he is a massive club man and probably feels hugely in debt to the board, i'd say he may feel let down.

It's not over yet..... Still can get non contract players on free transfer.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:25 - Sep 1 with 1127 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I wonder how disappointed Gomis will be tonight that no one came in for Wilf.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:27 - Sep 1 with 1111 viewsBorojack

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:16 - Sep 1 by max936

In fairness Monk wanted two in, he's been saying it for a month and he hasn't got them, it'll be the usual retoric from Huw we tried very hard, but we couldn't get them done, think he's said the same thing the last 2 or 3 windows

Just hope that we don't get 3 or 4 injuries to any of our 1st 11, Barrow is raw, but had a good start to his Swans career tonite along with Kingsley and a couple of others, hopefully one or two of those wil push on and get bench time at least.

STID.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:18]

we did try no point signing players just to fill
the squad with mediocrity.
Should have money available in January to
bring a couple in if needed.
I am.happy with who we signed and happy
with who we have kept.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:28 - Sep 1 with 1091 viewsJackSomething

Fair comments.

Equally fair comments.

Squad depth is a concern, no doubt. But haven't we always been a few injuries away from trouble in that regard? If we'd had a few more injuries in the last few years, we'd have been relying on the likes of Tate, Dobbie, Lita, N'Gog, Vasquez, etc to come in and do a job. It's a problem a club with a budget like ours is always going to face at this level. It's why I like signings like Kingsley, Fulton and Barrow. They're young and unproven at this level, but I'd rather have the likes of them in the wings than the average Premier League journeyman who doesn't give two hoots what happens to this club.

I'm sure Monk will be disappointed no-one but Barrow came in today, but I'm sure he's aware it wasn't for lack of trying.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:33 - Sep 1 with 1050 viewsLeonisGod

Fair comments.

We've pretty much got 2 experienced players for each position, and several who can cover a couple of positions. Whilst it would have been nice to get a couple more in, we'll be alright until the next window.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:34 - Sep 1 with 1041 viewsmax936

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:27 - Sep 1 by Borojack

we did try no point signing players just to fill
the squad with mediocrity.
Should have money available in January to
bring a couple in if needed.
I am.happy with who we signed and happy
with who we have kept.

I think, reading between the lines there maybe a couple here aready that can maybe step up, but I wonder how hard we did try, seeing as Monk said about it a month ago, look at Palace today they've got a coupe of good un's in, in the Wigan lad and Im glad Doyle has got his chance.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:39 - Sep 1 with 1001 viewslondonlisa2001

I am a little disappointed (although not particularly surprised) that we haven't brought in the cover players that we needed today.

But - to put this into context, the Arsenal and Spurs fans are absolutely gutted that they haven't signed Bony today. Again - 2 'huge' teams', one Champions League, fans are completely gutted that they haven't signed our striker today.

We cannot underestimate how big a coup it is for us to keep Bony. Imagine instead if we had sold him, brought in someone like Deeney, Sinclair and that French left back - which would be a stronger statement of intent as to what we are all about as a club now.

And make no mistake, Bony himself has basically said by staying that he believes in what we are doing - he could have gone to a Champions League club today - maybe not for what he wanted in money terms, but doubtless for a hell of a lot more than he is on with us, and he has chosen to stay because he likes playing at Swansea enough that only a huge deal would tempt him away. Unbelievable.
Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:42 - Sep 1 with 963 viewsJackSomething

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:34 - Sep 1 by max936

I think, reading between the lines there maybe a couple here aready that can maybe step up, but I wonder how hard we did try, seeing as Monk said about it a month ago, look at Palace today they've got a coupe of good un's in, in the Wigan lad and Im glad Doyle has got his chance.

The Wigan lad seems decent enough, but £7m seems extortionate to me. Kevin Doyle hasn't hit double figures for 5 years and last year managed 3 goals in League 1, 2 in the Championship.

I wouldn't be doing cartwheels if I was a Palace fan.

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:44 - Sep 1 with 959 viewsSwansNZ

Fair comments.

Could have said that 2 years ago about Taylor. Ben came in and stepped up. Maybe Kingsley would do the same, plus we have Dwight to cover both full backs.

For the wing, we also have Montero.

Although not in management, Garry has been in football a long time, and I’m sure he knows he will never be able to get all the players he wants. We have had a good window, probably bought in 3 players that are worth around the 10 million mark — not bad, is it?
[Post edited 1 Sep 2014 23:46]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 935 viewsTom1912

Official Transfer Deadline Day Thread on 21:59 - Sep 1 by magicdaps10

This is a crazy comment.

You were more worried about getting full back cover and a 4th choice winger than keeping Bony?

Mental.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024