Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These "Deadline Day" extensions? 00:10 - Sep 2 with 1649 viewsscottishjack

Is it just that SKY didn't get the headlines they wanted? And now they are scrambling around trying to make it all sound very exciting?

To be honest, I'm glad we haven't had any dramas today, it shows that we had the bulk of our business done in good time without any panic. This "Deadline Day" thing is a media created farce...
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:05 - Sep 2 with 251 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 12:58 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

I agree with all that. I just feel it should not even have come down to the final day. We have had more than enough time to complete the signings and Gary has been asking for them for long enough. I am disappointed they have not come in but pleased Bony is staying. Having said that I would have been a very unhappy bunny this morning if Bony had gone on the last day despite us failing to complete our transfer business :-)

I think most of us would have been pretty p*ssed off if Bony had gone with no replacements !!

And you're right - it should ever come down to the final day, but the reality is we've got all our main targets and have missed on squad players for 2 positions. I'd be surprised if there is any team that actually got everything it wanted.

QPR for example missed Borini - haven't noticed (may be wrong) that they got another forward instead of him so they have missed a forward. Everton missed Cleverley - didn't get another midfielder (same with who ever else it was that he was going to go to - Villa? ). Villa missed out on someone else as well. Spurs missed out on a forward and didn't get another - the list goes on.

No club ever gets all targets (or even all positions) - we haven't done too badly in that we only left the 'lesser' targets to the end - main ones were done in plenty of time (whether or not we agree here with that categorisation).
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:06 - Sep 2 with 251 viewsPrivate_Partz

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:04 - Sep 2 by Phil_S

Sky are under the wonderful impression that the window closes and no deals happen unless they have reported it there and then

Amusingly they always forget that the paperwork just needs to be registered with the relevant authorities to make it a done deal not announced through the reporter stood outside making a drama out of a day that really isn't one

Great TV mind and proof that Sky think they run football

They pay the piper but they do not call the tune.

I'll get my coat . . . .

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:11 - Sep 2 with 245 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 06:31 - Sep 2 by HugeEnkins

Only adequate? Really? I know it's early days but they aren't doing too bad, are they? Who else would you have liked brought in? There is always the loan window.

It wasn't me that said it!! I was pointing out how stupid the original comment was ! It's transparently a tremendous window for us.
These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:27 - Sep 2 with 230 viewslondonlisa2001

These "Deadline Day" extensions? on 13:04 - Sep 2 by Phil_S

Sky are under the wonderful impression that the window closes and no deals happen unless they have reported it there and then

Amusingly they always forget that the paperwork just needs to be registered with the relevant authorities to make it a done deal not announced through the reporter stood outside making a drama out of a day that really isn't one

Great TV mind and proof that Sky think they run football

this is the second slightly odd comment along these lines that I have seen in the past few hours. Should we read anything into it or are you making a general point?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024