Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking charge advice 13:08 - Sep 6 with 2403 viewsGowerjack

I know this has been done on here before but a quick bit of advice needed.

My son parked in the B&Q carpark for the Rotherham game and has has a "Parking Charge Notice" today requesting payment of £85.00.

Anyone else ever had one?
How did you react?

Am I correct in thinking that this is only an "invoice" and is not legally enforcable without taking to court?

Thanks in advance!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking charge advice on 13:11 - Sep 6 with 1558 viewsNeath_Jack

I've had two from there.

Ignore them all, they'll stop after about the 3rd or 4th letter. I've continued to park in there every home game since and not had another one.

Tell him not to lose his arse when they start threatening solicitors.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Parking charge advice on 13:47 - Sep 6 with 1516 views_

You should pay.

(For everyone else, ignore)

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Parking charge advice on 14:04 - Sep 6 with 1509 viewsunion_jack

Parking charge advice on 13:11 - Sep 6 by Neath_Jack

I've had two from there.

Ignore them all, they'll stop after about the 3rd or 4th letter. I've continued to park in there every home game since and not had another one.

Tell him not to lose his arse when they start threatening solicitors.

That should read from solicitors that don't actually exist.

Do NOT pay.
Do NOT reply at all. This will show you are taking it seriously!

Do NOT blame me if rules have changed and they sue your ass

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Parking charge advice on 14:22 - Sep 6 with 1491 viewsJackfath

Look the company up online and read all the forums who will give you good advice on ignoring these cowboys.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking charge advice on 14:39 - Sep 6 with 1470 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Serves him right for trying to get away with parking for free while everyone else parks responsibly.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Parking charge advice on 14:41 - Sep 6 with 1466 viewsperchrockjack

Firstly, they ll have to ascertain ownership of vehicle.

It's a contract you take out with site owners, only police can. Send a notice demanding who owner of vehicle is..

Plenty of info out there.

Personally, you need a little balls to put up with what looks like official noticed .it costs them more to prosecute than the fine which is why many don't pursue.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Parking charge advice on 14:42 - Sep 6 with 1463 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 14:39 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Serves him right for trying to get away with parking for free while everyone else parks responsibly.

'kinell Dwight me old mucker. You'll have all sorts of sensitives berating you for saying things like that.

Now, if you wan't to be "hilarious" you've got to put one of these after such provocative statements.

It helps people to function.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Parking charge advice on 14:44 - Sep 6 with 1461 viewsperchrockjack

First we have brynmill morphing into something contentious now dwight seems to have been gobbled up

Login to get fewer ads

Parking charge advice on 14:45 - Sep 6 with 1454 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 14:44 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

First we have brynmill morphing into something contentious now dwight seems to have been gobbled up

We're in a transitional phase on PS Perchie. It needs people like us to steady the ship and keep things afloat.

Parking charge advice on 14:45 - Sep 6 with 1457 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking charge advice on 14:41 - Sep 6 by perchrockjack

Firstly, they ll have to ascertain ownership of vehicle.

It's a contract you take out with site owners, only police can. Send a notice demanding who owner of vehicle is..

Plenty of info out there.

Personally, you need a little balls to put up with what looks like official noticed .it costs them more to prosecute than the fine which is why many don't pursue.

They don't have to ascertain "ownership" anymore. The law changed a couple of years ago to make the registered keeper liable for these things if the keeper refuses to divulge who was driving. It's easy enough for these companies to find out who the keeper is. You're wrong about the police being the only ones who can ascertain that.

That said, the "ignore it" advice is spot on. These companies rely on people being spooked by an official looking notice to pay up without question. They're highly unlikely to take it to court for breach of contract (which is the only thing it could be taken to court for). They can't prosecute because no criminal laws have been broken.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 14:48]

Poll: Tory leader

Parking charge advice on 14:48 - Sep 6 with 1448 viewsperchrockjack

Which is more or less...

Anyway, clasie is right

Parking charge advice on 18:24 - Sep 6 with 1391 viewsHighjack

Don't pay. Don't even think about paying. Don't contact them. Don't panic when they threaten to send "debt collectors" around. These pricks make millions out of scaring people into paying. Legally you owe them bog all.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking charge advice on 18:50 - Sep 6 with 1364 viewsfergusferret

check out "get out of debt free" or "legal beagles" web site both have plenty of info
Parking charge advice on 20:22 - Sep 6 with 1312 viewsHighjack

Parking charge advice on 14:39 - Sep 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

By saying getting away with parking for free there you are implying that parking there is breaking some sort of law. It's not. It's the people who pay eight quid a week to park who are the stupid ones.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Parking charge advice on 20:26 - Sep 6 with 1306 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking charge advice on 18:50 - Sep 6 by fergusferret

check out "get out of debt free" or "legal beagles" web site both have plenty of info

It's not a fine it's an invoice from a private firm asking for payment for a service you haven't received. Technically you have gone into a contract, but they can only charge for loss of revenue which would be for the next hours charge etc

An £85 pound charge is unreasonable and not representative of the loss. Letters will come to you, and as you have entered into a contract you have to offer them something in return or under contract law you will have fallen into dishonour. To offer them something you should ask them questions about the invoice. Alternatively, you could wipe your arse with their invoice
Parking charge advice on 01:04 - Sep 7 with 1231 viewsHighjack

The only way they could force you to pay is via a court order, and to get that they have to prove that you parking there cost them £85. They have no way of doing this.

Parking charge advice on 02:42 - Sep 7 with 1211 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking charge advice on 20:22 - Sep 6 by Highjack

By saying getting away with parking for free there you are implying that parking there is breaking some sort of law. It's not. It's the people who pay eight quid a week to park who are the stupid ones.

It's private land and you are breaking the rules by parking there. While not a criminal offence it certainly isn't perfectly fine to do.

What if someone parked on the road outside your driveway stopping you from getting into your driveway. Is that justified simply because they are not breaking some sort of law?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Parking charge advice on 03:15 - Sep 7 with 1204 views_

Parking charge advice on 02:42 - Sep 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It's private land and you are breaking the rules by parking there. While not a criminal offence it certainly isn't perfectly fine to do.

What if someone parked on the road outside your driveway stopping you from getting into your driveway. Is that justified simply because they are not breaking some sort of law?

Depends if it was public land they'd parked on and if they'd paid their road tax. Cos if they had I fail to see what law they've broken.

Re the thread's comparison, it's private land opened to the public with an open entry and exit system. It's not as if there's someone stood at the gatecharging you a fee.....

Until there is.... Ignore. And heissht up, Dwight eh!?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Parking charge advice on 03:18 - Sep 7 with 1208 viewsHighjack

If I slapped an £85 "parking charge notice" on said car parked across said driveway would you expect said tw at to pay the said charge?

Parking charge advice on 09:26 - Sep 7 with 1148 viewsperchrockjack

Every parked vehicle is a possible obstruction of the highway.

It applies those cretins who think they have a right to park outside their house. Nobody does

Parking charge advice on 10:56 - Sep 7 with 1117 viewsbluenile

When I had one from the company that runs Morrison's quite a few years ago I contacted Which Legal, as I am a member. I had a conversation with a decent guy from them who said 1: The signage has to be permanent (not a sandwich board, which they had at the time) 2: They have to SERVE THE NOTICE ON THE CAR ITSELF. As they complied with neither he told me to write and tell them. A friend who worked for a law firm at the time (CEO) gave me good advice on how to word the letter. I sent it off and never heard another peep out of them. Later I had one for being parked in front of PC World, it had a photograph that showed just my car number against a block, black, background. I ignored it, it was crap. had another letter, ignored that. They stopped. Last year had one from the oiks running Tesco's in Swansea. It had a photo of my car twice with times purporting to be in and out. I knew why that was, as we couldn't find a parking space, drove out, went to Library and later went back to Tesco. I had my answer in case the puddings took me to court, but after ignoring 3 letters, they stopped. The last thing these people want is to have to take you to court. If you stand up in court and dispute it they will probably lose. They know that, and work on the basis that a certain percentage will cave in and pay, making it worth their while. Remember that advice from Which legal "They have to serve the notice ON THE CAR".....................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Parking charge advice on 10:59 - Sep 7 with 1112 viewsbluenile

It might be alright if you invited people to come in and shop in your house.............................

Parking charge advice on 11:02 - Sep 7 with 1107 viewsbluenile

Parking charge advice on 03:15 - Sep 7 by _

Depends if it was public land they'd parked on and if they'd paid their road tax. Cos if they had I fail to see what law they've broken.

Re the thread's comparison, it's private land opened to the public with an open entry and exit system. It's not as if there's someone stood at the gatecharging you a fee.....

Until there is.... Ignore. And heissht up, Dwight eh!?

Has to be the first time i've agreed with you on something.......................what's the world coming to eh?

Parking charge advice on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 1101 viewsJackfath

If you park in the "B&Q" car park for matches, here is how you can park there without fear of getting a ticket.

The camera which picks up your time of entry is situated on the left hand side as you enter the car park. You need to "hide" your number plate so they have no way of picking you up on the picture.

So, on entry, ensure you are close behind the car in front and to the right of it. This will mean your plate is obscured and they will have no way of knowing when you went in.

No problem with being snapped on the way out.

Parking charge advice on 11:12 - Sep 7 with 1094 viewsbluenile

Parking charge advice on 11:06 - Sep 7 by Jackfath

If you park in the "B&Q" car park for matches, here is how you can park there without fear of getting a ticket.

The camera which picks up your time of entry is situated on the left hand side as you enter the car park. You need to "hide" your number plate so they have no way of picking you up on the picture.

So, on entry, ensure you are close behind the car in front and to the right of it. This will mean your plate is obscured and they will have no way of knowing when you went in.

No problem with being snapped on the way out.

Is that correct? If so, great advice!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024