Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread 19:28 - Sep 10 with 4550 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Pre-meditated murder - NOT GUILTY

Culpable homicide - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (1) - GUILTY

Discharging a firearm in public (2) - GUILTY

Illegal possession of ammunition - GUILTY

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:33 - Sep 10 with 1896 viewsJackfath

The poll function is donald ducked I think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:52 - Sep 10 with 1876 viewsDarran

When's the verdict?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:53 - Sep 10 with 1876 viewsJackfath

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:52 - Sep 10 by Darran

When's the verdict?

Tomorrow init?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:02 - Sep 10 with 1864 viewsTom1912

I'm happy to say our pub quiz team, Oscar Quiztorious won its third pub quiz in a row yesterday. Not sure if this is a good omen for Oscar....
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:07 - Sep 10 with 1852 viewsexiledclaseboy

I think they'll find it difficult to prove "beyond reasonable doubt" (if indeed that's a reqirement of the South African legal system) that he set out to kill her so on that basis I agree with young Dwight.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:13 - Sep 10 with 1834 viewsDarran

Let's hope the stumpy c*nt gets what's coming to him.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:15 - Sep 10 with 1828 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:13 - Sep 10 by Darran

Let's hope the stumpy c*nt gets what's coming to him.

Dwight or Oscar?
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:21 - Sep 10 with 1820 viewsepaul

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:15 - Sep 10 by LeonisGod

Dwight or Oscar?

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:24 - Sep 10 with 1812 viewsDarran

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:15 - Sep 10 by LeonisGod

Dwight or Oscar?

Oscar of course.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:44 - Sep 10 with 1799 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 19:33 - Sep 10 by Jackfath

The poll function is donald ducked I think.

As there's multiple charges and you can only vote once I decided that a poll wouldn't be a sensible way to gather opinion.

I think he fully meant to murder her but they can't prove that.

Still, he'll go away for a long time providing the judge isn't corrupted / told to be lenient by a higher ranking person.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 21:01 - Sep 10 with 1779 viewsC_jack

The judge mopped the floor with him last I saw of it, guilty as feck.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 21:54 - Sep 10 with 1725 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Is this still going on?

I thought they'd given up and let him go home.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 08:02 - Sep 11 with 1631 viewsSwansNZ

Dwight or Oscar?

Both, I hope

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 08:05 - Sep 11 with 1630 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 21:54 - Sep 10 by Frank_Lazarus

Is this still going on?

I thought they'd given up and let him go home.

It has sort of dragged on and on and off for a bit and on and off again and on...

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:21 - Sep 11 with 1594 viewsFrank_Lazarus

I should coco.

The thing's been suspended more times than Ritchie Appleby.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 09:50 - Sep 11 with 1571 viewsZut_Alors

Live updates here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/sep/11/oscar-pistorius-verdict-trial-

Looks like Mr Superstar's predictions are looking good so far.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:19 - Sep 11 with 1547 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 20:44 - Sep 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As there's multiple charges and you can only vote once I decided that a poll wouldn't be a sensible way to gather opinion.

I think he fully meant to murder her but they can't prove that.

Still, he'll go away for a long time providing the judge isn't corrupted / told to be lenient by a higher ranking person.

I think he killed her in one of his temper tantrums so premeditated - no, guilty - yes.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:22 - Sep 11 with 1545 viewsUxbridge

Listened to some of the summing up. Judge seems to be dismissing most of the prosecution case.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:36 - Sep 11 with 1529 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:22 - Sep 11 by Uxbridge

Listened to some of the summing up. Judge seems to be dismissing most of the prosecution case.

No, just the validity of witness testimonies. She argued the testimonies given by the witnesses were based on assumption of times and are not consistent with eachother. This doesn't mean the judge will agree with the defence as the testimonies of the experts, in addition to the evidence will be considered.

If you are watching the verdict, the judge also ruled out a number of defence arguments - disagreeing with their opinion that the prosecution witnesses were biased in their verdicts.

The South African justice system isn't the British Justice System, and a lot of people are amazed there's no jury. But the vast majority of evidence is still stacked up against Pistorius. Don't forget, the judge has the ability to use logic in their verdict - would the victim realistically not have called back when Pistorius started beating the door with a cricket bat, or start firing his gun? Why was she locked in the bathroom with her phone?

The judge has already mentioned his history of rage.

If the judge believes the defence has not suitably provided satisfactory answers to these questions, then she may sway with the prosecution on this basis. Whilst there is still a "reasonable doubt" factor in their court rulings, I can't see any reasonable way out of this for Pistorius. If he was found not guilty, this would be up there with OJ Simpson as a travesty of justice.

It's convenient that the worlds most recognised para-olympian who has fought hard to be recognised not as a disabled athlete, but as an able-bodied athlete, now uses disability as an excuse!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:49 - Sep 11 with 1509 viewsUxbridge

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:36 - Sep 11 by JackoBoostardo

No, just the validity of witness testimonies. She argued the testimonies given by the witnesses were based on assumption of times and are not consistent with eachother. This doesn't mean the judge will agree with the defence as the testimonies of the experts, in addition to the evidence will be considered.

If you are watching the verdict, the judge also ruled out a number of defence arguments - disagreeing with their opinion that the prosecution witnesses were biased in their verdicts.

The South African justice system isn't the British Justice System, and a lot of people are amazed there's no jury. But the vast majority of evidence is still stacked up against Pistorius. Don't forget, the judge has the ability to use logic in their verdict - would the victim realistically not have called back when Pistorius started beating the door with a cricket bat, or start firing his gun? Why was she locked in the bathroom with her phone?

The judge has already mentioned his history of rage.

If the judge believes the defence has not suitably provided satisfactory answers to these questions, then she may sway with the prosecution on this basis. Whilst there is still a "reasonable doubt" factor in their court rulings, I can't see any reasonable way out of this for Pistorius. If he was found not guilty, this would be up there with OJ Simpson as a travesty of justice.

It's convenient that the worlds most recognised para-olympian who has fought hard to be recognised not as a disabled athlete, but as an able-bodied athlete, now uses disability as an excuse!

I'm not exactly paying attention to the whole case to be honest, and certainly not the SA legal system, so was basing my comment on the assumption there's the equivalent of presumption of innocence in place. Is that not the case?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:55 - Sep 11 with 1500 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:49 - Sep 11 by Uxbridge

I'm not exactly paying attention to the whole case to be honest, and certainly not the SA legal system, so was basing my comment on the assumption there's the equivalent of presumption of innocence in place. Is that not the case?

Yes there is, but that's dependent on the Judge in this case - not a jury.

The judge at this time is explaining Pistorius' version of events does not correlate his argument. His statement made earlier in the trial that he was not thinking clearly when he fired his gun is inconsistent to a later claim he made, that he was firing with the intention not to main or kill the "intruder". The judge is leading towards elements of intention which in turn will lead to whether this was pre-meditated.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:01 - Sep 11 with 1491 viewsUxbridge

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 10:55 - Sep 11 by JackoBoostardo

Yes there is, but that's dependent on the Judge in this case - not a jury.

The judge at this time is explaining Pistorius' version of events does not correlate his argument. His statement made earlier in the trial that he was not thinking clearly when he fired his gun is inconsistent to a later claim he made, that he was firing with the intention not to main or kill the "intruder". The judge is leading towards elements of intention which in turn will lead to whether this was pre-meditated.

Yes I know there's not a jury. That's been pretty obvious

Just find it difficult to see how can be found guilty if case is not proven. Actually that's something in Scots law isn't it? Where's me old textbooks ...

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:12 - Sep 11 with 1482 viewsC_jack

"Murder with intent but not pre-meditation"

What's the difference? Codswallop.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:15 - Sep 11 with 1471 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:12 - Sep 11 by C_jack

"Murder with intent but not pre-meditation"

What's the difference? Codswallop.

Not defending Oscar here, but I think the difference would be that he knew she was the one in there and planning to kill her, rather than knowing someone was in there and shooting to kill.
The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:47 - Sep 11 with 1444 viewsJackoBoostardo

The Official Oscar Pistorious Verdict Predictions Thread on 11:15 - Sep 11 by Zut_Alors

Not defending Oscar here, but I think the difference would be that he knew she was the one in there and planning to kill her, rather than knowing someone was in there and shooting to kill.

Which indeed much of the evidence points towards - logically. But it's not conclusive and the court finds it circumstantial.

For the record - i believe he's guilty as f*ck for murder. But the courts there follow a very convoluted method that, whilst crap in itself, makes our justice system appear the best in the world.

So whilst he's now been found not guilty of murder, the judge has stated he did fire the shots that resulted in a death. As such, the judge is now exploring homicide (manslaughter).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024