Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leigh Dineen 17:24 - Sep 29 with 9169 viewsjack247

Apologies for my ignorance, but why the bad feeling towards him from some people on here?
Leigh Dineen on 18:34 - Sep 30 with 1544 viewsJJJack

Leigh Dineen on 18:15 - Sep 30 by Dr_Winston

That all depends on what the Trust was told. They may well be under the impression that Dineen is devoting most of his time to the club rather than his own business.

I am also aware of the concept of delegation, so the sarcasm wasn't necessary. If he is delegating his duties at the club then he isn't full time. If someone else is running his business for him in the meantime then our commercial department should be running a lot better than it is.

In any case, a Premier League club should have a dedicated commercial director with no other concerns.

Actually the sarcasm wasn't aimed at you or anyone else. Obviously my post wasn't clear in that respect. As you state , neither of us know where or to whom he's delegating....if at all. I'm firmly in the camp that Commercially, we are pretty well run , though quite obviously we still make sometimes, basic, mistakes. Because of the relative unimportance of it compared with on the field performance, I'm happy to tolerate this, short-term.
That said, I'm with you that a dedicated Commercial Director should be a clear requirement for an established Prem Club such as we are now.
Leigh Dineen on 19:51 - Sep 30 with 1472 viewstomdickharry

Leigh Dineen on 18:05 - Sep 30 by JJJack

Depends what you deem "full time". Many people hold multiple major roles in organisations simultaneously. I believe they manage this by a process known as "delegation". One can only hope the Trust is telling the truth since that's kinda the point of their existence IMO.

Ask the Chairman of the Trust.
Leigh Dineen on 20:02 - Sep 30 with 1459 viewsWatchman

Leigh Dineen on 15:49 - Sep 30 by perchrockjack

I find it hard to rip into Dineen and the board-and they have been- considering what they ve done for our club.
Only we could turn on them- and some have...

short memories

R there is a heap of difference between people running the club for nothing ( for the love of it) and that of people running the club and getting salaried and/or dividend.

The board have decided to take dividend hence they should be held accountable for all to see.

Our club is not a play thing for any one! regardless of who they are

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Leigh Dineen on 21:17 - Sep 30 with 1377 viewsScoobyWho

Leigh Dineen on 20:02 - Sep 30 by Watchman

R there is a heap of difference between people running the club for nothing ( for the love of it) and that of people running the club and getting salaried and/or dividend.

The board have decided to take dividend hence they should be held accountable for all to see.

Our club is not a play thing for any one! regardless of who they are

And that is post of the week

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Leigh Dineen on 22:02 - Sep 30 with 1336 viewstomdickharry

Directors notes in the next set of accounts should make fascinating reading.
Leigh Dineen on 22:26 - Sep 30 with 1288 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen on 22:02 - Sep 30 by tomdickharry

Directors notes in the next set of accounts should make fascinating reading.

Why? His salary won't be in there. Anything else?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Leigh Dineen on 09:06 - Oct 1 with 1175 viewstomdickharry

Leigh Dineen on 22:26 - Sep 30 by Uxbridge

Why? His salary won't be in there. Anything else?

We will wait and see.
Leigh Dineen on 09:16 - Oct 1 with 1161 viewsUxbridge

Leigh Dineen on 09:06 - Oct 1 by tomdickharry

We will wait and see.

No we won't, unless they've changed the accounting standards since the last set of accounts.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Leigh Dineen on 09:28 - Oct 1 with 1145 viewsicecoldjack

Our board are nothing shot of incredible for what they have achieved form the club but at the same time if they drop a bølløk then they need to know about it and listen to harsh words, it's the only way to improve .

If we went through life being told everything is wonderful and things are perfect it starts to shade professionism and ambition.

IMO the business has outgrown the ability a little bit, nothing wrong with that though as for 99% of swans fans we understand that the rise to becoming a global product has been a swift one, and that was in large down to them.

Victims of they're own success is a term that I think fits.

What I have always maintained when being critical (perhaps over critical) in the past is that we have the comfort of knowing that everything they do is for the benefit of SCFC and the clubs best interests are always at heart

Overall nobody involved with running the club can be criticized too harshly for anything, the things they do and have done have always been done with the best of intentions and IMO it will always be that way.

Not many other clubs have that luxury hats for sure !

Sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses, it's annamazing journey we've been on and continue to be on , in fact after 4 seasons I'm still in fooking dream world!

For sure let's be critical when it's needed but let's temper it with what we have achieved in a short
space of time, and let's also not get too comfortable and rest on our laurels <sp>

It's all gravy really, get an extra 5,000 seats in and we are pretty much the perfect club.
Leigh Dineen on 09:35 - Oct 1 with 1136 views1jack

Leigh Dineen on 09:28 - Oct 1 by icecoldjack

Our board are nothing shot of incredible for what they have achieved form the club but at the same time if they drop a bølløk then they need to know about it and listen to harsh words, it's the only way to improve .

If we went through life being told everything is wonderful and things are perfect it starts to shade professionism and ambition.

IMO the business has outgrown the ability a little bit, nothing wrong with that though as for 99% of swans fans we understand that the rise to becoming a global product has been a swift one, and that was in large down to them.

Victims of they're own success is a term that I think fits.

What I have always maintained when being critical (perhaps over critical) in the past is that we have the comfort of knowing that everything they do is for the benefit of SCFC and the clubs best interests are always at heart

Overall nobody involved with running the club can be criticized too harshly for anything, the things they do and have done have always been done with the best of intentions and IMO it will always be that way.

Not many other clubs have that luxury hats for sure !

Sometimes we need to stop and smell the roses, it's annamazing journey we've been on and continue to be on , in fact after 4 seasons I'm still in fooking dream world!

For sure let's be critical when it's needed but let's temper it with what we have achieved in a short
space of time, and let's also not get too comfortable and rest on our laurels <sp>

It's all gravy really, get an extra 5,000 seats in and we are pretty much the perfect club.

That's about it.
Leigh Dineen on 10:53 - Oct 1 with 1071 viewsouttolunch

Leigh Dineen on 18:05 - Sep 30 by JJJack

Depends what you deem "full time". Many people hold multiple major roles in organisations simultaneously. I believe they manage this by a process known as "delegation". One can only hope the Trust is telling the truth since that's kinda the point of their existence IMO.

His role can't just be commercial though can it ? He chairs our Community Trust, sits on the board of SSMC, is a director of Swansea Premier club ( whatever that is ) and Vice chairman so it seems he has multiple roles.

I have known him years and haven't seen him change. One thing he is not is egotistical and anyone who really knows him will back that up.
Leigh Dineen on 12:12 - Oct 1 with 1019 viewsJBT95

Leigh Dineen on 19:11 - Sep 29 by Flashberryjack

Never met Mr Dineen, but I do have the greatest respect for what he and others did for us in the darkest of times in our clubs history.
But I have to say, that respect has declined a little for me, after the disrespect shown to supporters by installing those hideous advertising boards that face the crowd.
Respect is a very hard thing to earn, yet so very easily lost.
He certainly could redeem him self in my eyes, by getting rid of the boards that face the crowd, or at least turn them off during the game.

But this is the big badass be all and end all PREMIER LEAGUE.

Not a chance. (Sadly).

Haven't noticed them since WBA and sit in row F of the east lower.
Leigh Dineen on 20:15 - Oct 1 with 911 viewswestx

Leigh Dineen on 10:53 - Oct 1 by outtolunch

His role can't just be commercial though can it ? He chairs our Community Trust, sits on the board of SSMC, is a director of Swansea Premier club ( whatever that is ) and Vice chairman so it seems he has multiple roles.

I have known him years and haven't seen him change. One thing he is not is egotistical and anyone who really knows him will back that up.

You are Mrs Dineen and I claim my £5

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

Leigh Dineen on 20:37 - Oct 1 with 884 viewsouttolunch

Leigh Dineen on 20:15 - Oct 1 by westx

You are Mrs Dineen and I claim my £5

Correct. Give me your name and address and i'll send you the fiver.
Leigh Dineen on 20:57 - Oct 1 with 858 viewswestx

Leigh Dineen on 20:37 - Oct 1 by outtolunch

Correct. Give me your name and address and i'll send you the fiver.

Put it towards your mortgage

Poll: Would you welcome new owners if the deal was right?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024