Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
our back 4 today 22:17 - Oct 4 with 2701 viewsLiberty

Taylor Ash Fernandez Jazz

If they played for another team not us, who would you want to sign , within our wage / transfer structure ?

Ash looked only one for me today to be honest.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

our back 4 today on 10:11 - Oct 6 with 326 viewsLeonisGod

our back 4 today on 09:40 - Oct 6 by icecoldjack

Im undecided about Freddy, but no doubt it was his best game yesterday. He will indeed need a bit of time but i cant help but think he looks a touch light weight .

I said id give Taylor and the Swans 10 games before forming an opinion, its pretty difficult to wait that long ! our defensive display was shambolic and i just hope it was a one off.

It would also help the team and the defenders if we stopped playing slow rodgers ball against sides that are happy to sit back and watch us pass it sideways , our best efforts came when we injected quicker passing and went a bit more through the middle .

Stoke away will be a massive game, im not sure what Swans team will turn up TBH .

We are starting to regress after a positive start though, plenty of work to be done which aint a bad thing really, when the Swans are confident they seem to be over confident !

Federico's a clever player though. Quick in mind and quick over the ground when he needs to be. Reads the game really well and that's why he isn't charging around trying to retrieve situations with last ditch tackles. I much prefer him to Chico. We have 3 quality CHs at the club now - happy days.
our back 4 today on 10:21 - Oct 6 with 321 viewsicecoldjack

our back 4 today on 09:45 - Oct 6 by jacksinceever

Agree that we play too nice at times rather than seizing the initiative when we are on top of teams.
Garry's doing well so far and to be fair we have only lost two games under him this season. However he needs to start realizing there's more than one way to skin a rabbit

Agree. And one of the best ways ,though people will hate me for saying it, is the way Laudrup played it offensively.

Moving it fast through the middle and rotating the middle 3(this happened once or twice saturday with routs popping up in the middle and siggy going out wide for a few minutes) worked really well i the past and sometimes we need to give the opposition something different to think about .

I felt the game against Newcastle had strong elements of Brenden ball in his first season with us, i also think many teams are well versed in stopping this way of playing nowadays.

The teams "in our league" have all set out to stop us playing when at home

Newcastle
Southampton
Burnley
Palace
West Brom(last season)
Sunderland

All have had a plan to stop us playing, once the first goal goes in from us they normally need to change things and that plays into our hands but i believe mixing it up and using what we learned from the likes of Laudrup as well as brenden will serve us well .

I have no doubt that one of the main gripes with some of our players under Laudrup was because he wanted them to move it faster,something that perhaps they are not too comfortable doing .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024