Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield 20:41 - Oct 11 with 1306 viewsspooner

Listened to Chris Powell on Talk Sport this morning. Before the inevitable "Rooney Rule" related questions were posed, Mr. Powell spoke about his observations once appointed.
He talked about taking time to assess his players and not expecting too much too soon.
He mentioned the fact that they've just had their first win at home and confidence is growing.

Thought Talk Sport missed a trick here as they could have compared the two managers' circumstances, as they appear similar and focused on what could be a pivotal game next weekend.

Probably not the best time to play them, but still optimistic that we will get our first win away from this season.
COTP!!!
Huddersfield on 08:42 - Oct 12 with 1262 viewsjanegallagher

In the US affirmative action gives minorities an advantage, where as here we tend to work from the basis of equal opportunity, which is all about levelling the playing field. (No pun intended). Both approaches have their merit, however, the US system can encourage extremism from disaffected individuals.

I'm not so sure Chris Powell speaks for all prospective black managers, Keith Curle for one.

Looking forward to the game, just worry that we're playing them just as they're coming into a bit of form.........but then again so are we.

What odds are we Osbourne.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Huddersfield on 11:42 - Oct 12 with 1224 viewsPlumbs

Huddersfield on 08:42 - Oct 12 by janegallagher

In the US affirmative action gives minorities an advantage, where as here we tend to work from the basis of equal opportunity, which is all about levelling the playing field. (No pun intended). Both approaches have their merit, however, the US system can encourage extremism from disaffected individuals.

I'm not so sure Chris Powell speaks for all prospective black managers, Keith Curle for one.

Looking forward to the game, just worry that we're playing them just as they're coming into a bit of form.........but then again so are we.

What odds are we Osbourne.

Its not a black and white issue as some would have you believe.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Huddersfield on 12:07 - Oct 12 with 1214 viewsCurryman

Huddersfield on 11:42 - Oct 12 by Plumbs

Its not a black and white issue as some would have you believe.

I had a very good day and several pints there yesterday with my lad.
If you fancy the unusual, try the Hand Drawn Monkey on Wood Street, OK for a quick beer and a look at the place.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024