Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal Celebration Music 21:46 - Nov 25 with 15007 viewsJackEwing

Just watched City, just score the winner and couldn't help but notice how much better it sounded without awful goal celebration music.

How do we go about getting rid of our cringy goal music? Is the announcer at the Liberty accountable at all? Polls on here have highlighted the vast majority of fans don't want it.

Surely the trust can do something which is simple to stop the music and improve the match day experience. It makes us look so small time for a global brand, which we are now
Goal Celebration Music on 11:26 - Nov 26 with 1878 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 11:17 - Nov 26 by JackEwing

You never watch goals back on TV then I presume?

Hillarious!!!

Yeah I hate a bad atmosphere when I'm bladdered watching MOTD.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goal Celebration Music on 11:27 - Nov 26 with 1878 viewsMusical_Swan

Goal Celebration Music on 11:10 - Nov 26 by Parlay

No chance, that song is Swansea through and through and gives me a lovely feeling walking out og the ground. Its been the same since i was 14 years old down the vetch thinking we were the dogs because we just beat Cheltenham. Id be gutted if it were replaced. The match is over, there is no atmosphere to kill.

Used to do a bit with a group covering mostly 90's alternative rock. Most of it was too obscure for a lot of people so always kept 'What a beautiful day' as a banker for when playing local, always got the place bouncing, and very much for the reasons you stated.

Dare I say it's become a bit of an anthym for us?

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Goal Celebration Music on 11:32 - Nov 26 with 1867 viewsParlay

Goal Celebration Music on 11:27 - Nov 26 by Musical_Swan

Used to do a bit with a group covering mostly 90's alternative rock. Most of it was too obscure for a lot of people so always kept 'What a beautiful day' as a banker for when playing local, always got the place bouncing, and very much for the reasons you stated.

Dare I say it's become a bit of an anthym for us?

Absolutely id say its now a Swans anthem, every time i hear it, it transports me back 20 years to the North bank and is synonymous with every home win i have ever experienced. West Ham in the FA Cup, that Hull game, Cardiff derbies and a whole host of unglamorous ugly wins against lower league cloggers - but for me, they were among the best days I've ever had supporting Swansea as spoilt as it sounds.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Goal Celebration Music on 12:14 - Nov 26 with 1839 viewsshandyjack

so when he watches the game back on TV, instead of watching a goal and analysing it hes too busy moaning about the music

Poll: Expectation for the season

Goal Celebration Music on 12:39 - Nov 26 with 1822 viewsDevz00

This. Best song ever. I miss White Riot though.

Also, I think the goal music we use is what makes it cringeworthy. If we played a better track it wouldn't be so bad. Like Leicester do.

*edit* 'This' referring to Parlay's last post. Meant to quote it.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2014 12:51]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Goal Celebration Music on 12:44 - Nov 26 with 1816 viewsLeonisGod

Goal Celebration Music on 22:40 - Nov 25 by JackEwing

Why was there a need to play it?

It doesnt matter how much beer you've had or how good the goal was you can hear the song drowning out the noise of the crowd. If you watch it on the tv you don't hear the crowd very much at all.

The stadium is full, we have vocal fans and we don't need music as it doesn't do anything to help the atmosphere.

Why not turn it off? As I said who gave the decision to allow it?

I can't say I've noticed it other than the bit where everyone starts pumping their arms up into the air - is that what you mean? That seems to have a positive impact. If not being able to hear the crowd on the TV bugs you the answer is simple - get down the ground.
Goal Celebration Music on 12:54 - Nov 26 with 1796 viewsLeonisGod

Goal Celebration Music on 11:10 - Nov 26 by Parlay

No chance, that song is Swansea through and through and gives me a lovely feeling walking out og the ground. Its been the same since i was 14 years old down the vetch thinking we were the dogs because we just beat Cheltenham. Id be gutted if it were replaced. The match is over, there is no atmosphere to kill.

I haven't noticed that either, or at least not consciously - what do we play at the end when we win?
(I'm a plastic only been going 8 yrs so that might be why, and a slow learner )
Goal Celebration Music on 13:03 - Nov 26 with 1783 viewskopperburgjack

Bring back daydream believer before KO I say!!

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Login to get fewer ads

Goal Celebration Music on 13:21 - Nov 26 with 1764 viewsrobbeh

Goal Celebration Music on 22:09 - Nov 25 by JackEwing

What for expressing an opinion?

It was highlighted on here last time I raised it that it's unpopular with fans, yet nothing has been done about it. Which unlike the problems with the advertising boards or the new screens blocking peoples view, would be simple to fix.

I have never met a fan who has moaned about the match day music.......I have met a fan who has moaned about many things but not match day music......anyway isn't that what the music is there for right? to make the atmosphere better?....the matchday music long pre-dates the Liberty going back to Vetch days (does anyone know what decade they started playing match day music?:/)

I guess the next thing now will be to have a boring announcer like they do up in Anfield.
Goal Celebration Music on 13:24 - Nov 26 with 1758 viewsMusical_Swan

Goal Celebration Music on 12:54 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

I haven't noticed that either, or at least not consciously - what do we play at the end when we win?
(I'm a plastic only been going 8 yrs so that might be why, and a slow learner )

'What a beautiful day' by The Levellers.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Goal Celebration Music on 13:34 - Nov 26 with 1748 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 12:14 - Nov 26 by shandyjack

so when he watches the game back on TV, instead of watching a goal and analysing it hes too busy moaning about the music

??? Why you say that.
Goal Celebration Music on 13:40 - Nov 26 with 1728 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 12:44 - Nov 26 by LeonisGod

I can't say I've noticed it other than the bit where everyone starts pumping their arms up into the air - is that what you mean? That seems to have a positive impact. If not being able to hear the crowd on the TV bugs you the answer is simple - get down the ground.

Season ticket holder have been for over 20 years, go to all games at home lots away particularly last year on the European Tour. Not that makes me a better fan than anyone else
Goal Celebration Music on 13:58 - Nov 26 with 1711 viewsDewi1jack

Goal Celebration Music on 13:03 - Nov 26 by kopperburgjack

Bring back daydream believer before KO I say!!

This.
1 song that can really ramp the noise up in the East.
Should be the last song played BEFORE the teams come out.
Only time I have had a moan about the music, is when some d1ckhead stopped playing White Riot as we came out.
It seems this has been played (bar for the odd short periods) since I started watching us in '78
The goal music seems to get the Saga stand tapping their feet and clapping though. Not sure if they're allowed to hold up lighters at classical concerts nowadays.
Doesn't worry me, don't hear it over the ASBO areas!
We're too busy celebrating

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Goal Celebration Music on 20:32 - Nov 26 with 1652 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 13:21 - Nov 26 by robbeh

I have never met a fan who has moaned about the match day music.......I have met a fan who has moaned about many things but not match day music......anyway isn't that what the music is there for right? to make the atmosphere better?....the matchday music long pre-dates the Liberty going back to Vetch days (does anyone know what decade they started playing match day music?:/)

I guess the next thing now will be to have a boring announcer like they do up in Anfield.

My original point doesn't refer to match day music. That isn't my issue, it's goal music. This didn't occur in the Vetch, appart from when Trundle scored they played a brief rendition of Queen's 'It's a Kind of Magic', before announcing his name as the scorer.
Goal Celebration Music on 21:41 - Nov 26 with 1634 viewsChrisSCFC

I'm with you man the goal music is embarrassing sh!t.
Goal Celebration Music on 21:58 - Nov 26 with 1014 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 21:41 - Nov 26 by ChrisSCFC

I'm with you man the goal music is embarrassing sh!t.

Hahahaha yeah I was so embarrassed when the last goal we scored at the Liberty went in I might not go on Saturday to save myself the embarrassment.

F*cking cretins.

Goal Celebration Music on 22:03 - Nov 26 with 1007 viewsPhil_S

This came up at the forum in August too

Think the bemused looks on everyones face as we conducted a straw poll said it all - nobody really cares so the music stayed

Can I also add that this was the forum that the Trust pay for not this forum which the Trust don't pay for
Goal Celebration Music on 22:03 - Nov 26 with 1003 viewsDarran

Goal Celebration Music on 22:03 - Nov 26 by Phil_S

Think the bemused looks on everyones face as we conducted a straw poll said it all - nobody really cares so the music stayed

Can I also add that this was the forum that the Trust pay for not this forum which the Trust don't pay for

Goal Celebration Music on 06:30 - Nov 27 with 949 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 21:58 - Nov 26 by Darran

Hahahaha yeah I was so embarrassed when the last goal we scored at the Liberty went in I might not go on Saturday to save myself the embarrassment.

F*cking cretins.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

I think you have made your point, yet you continue to constantly post on this topic adding nothing to the debate, only abusing fellow Swans fans that dare express a different opinion to you! Well done
Goal Celebration Music on 06:46 - Nov 27 with 943 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 22:03 - Nov 26 by Phil_S

Phil just cause a few hundred people in the meeting werent bothered, doesnt mean that is representative of the whole of our fanbase.

I know many people who lost complete faith in the Trust after the first season que for 2 days, it doesn't matter if you have never been to the Swans before Premier League season ticket fiasco.

The people that weren't bothered, won't mind if it's turned off?
Goal Celebration Music on 06:53 - Nov 27 with 938 viewsSwansNZ

Goal Celebration Music on 06:46 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

Phil just cause a few hundred people in the meeting werent bothered, doesnt mean that is representative of the whole of our fanbase.

I know many people who lost complete faith in the Trust after the first season que for 2 days, it doesn't matter if you have never been to the Swans before Premier League season ticket fiasco.

Shirley if you were that bothered about it, you'd have gone to the forum to give your objection?

I've only been to the Liberty once, and how I'd have loved to have had the chance to hear that music

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goal Celebration Music on 07:03 - Nov 27 with 935 viewsJackEwing

Goal Celebration Music on 06:53 - Nov 27 by SwansNZ

Shirley if you were that bothered about it, you'd have gone to the forum to give your objection?

I've only been to the Liberty once, and how I'd have loved to have had the chance to hear that music

You would like to hear the music, as it would signal a goal,

Therefore it's really a goal you would like to see.

As I am no longer a trust member after the season ticket fiasco, I am unlikely to attend a forum.

If the stadium announcer is present in future, goal/matchday music on the agenda and the forum open to non members I would attend.

On a positive with the team doing so well on the pitch, it can't be too bad if that's all I got moan about.
Goal Celebration Music on 07:09 - Nov 27 with 925 viewsSwansNZ

Goal Celebration Music on 07:03 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

You would like to hear the music, as it would signal a goal,

Therefore it's really a goal you would like to see.

As I am no longer a trust member after the season ticket fiasco, I am unlikely to attend a forum.

If the stadium announcer is present in future, goal/matchday music on the agenda and the forum open to non members I would attend.

On a positive with the team doing so well on the pitch, it can't be too bad if that's all I got moan about.

Yes, what is important is a goal, not music being played or not.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Goal Celebration Music on 07:26 - Nov 27 with 916 viewsPhil_S

Goal Celebration Music on 06:46 - Nov 27 by JackEwing

No you're right it doesn't mean it is representative but short of standing in the rain and interviewing everyone that walks in then it is as representative as it gets

The matter was raised (interestingly with the same point you made) and it was taken as a straw poll to retain/lose the music and retain won by a massive majority. By not bothered, I mean not bothered by the music was what I was getting at - in other words they voted yes.

And in reality it is not going to be one of those battles I would even spend much time working on for the Trust - there are more important ones floating around particularly at the moment

This post has been edited by an administrator
Goal Celebration Music on 10:10 - Nov 27 with 868 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Goal music is naff end of. I’d make a reasonable guess 90% of professional teams in the football leagues don’t use it.

So why we bother pumping it out, the one time it’s not actually needed is a mystery. Judging by some people’s comments on here that they can’t even hear it, then it makes it even more redundant.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024