Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" 22:42 - Dec 14 with 25315 viewsChiswickjack4

Another home game, another banner in the East Stand with a message to the Americans.

I very much hope the club take their time on deciding on new/additional investment.

The value of our club is going to go through the roof once the new TV deal is announced in March...
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 21:53 - Dec 15 with 2359 viewsC_jack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 21:29 - Dec 15 by Parlay

By the time people like you accept there is now a time to make a banner... It will be too late.

Ahh, so that time is now then? I must have missed that huge development involving anything actually happening.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:00 - Dec 15 with 2332 viewsParlay

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 21:53 - Dec 15 by C_jack

Ahh, so that time is now then? I must have missed that huge development involving anything actually happening.

The time is any time before it happens, while it is being mused.

I think that much obvious.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:03 - Dec 15 with 2318 viewsKilkennyjack

Buying shares does not pump money into the club, just the people who sell the said shares will get the dosh. My concern is that if we start to rely on some rich fella or two, then what happens when he gets bored and moves onto a new toy ? Think Tan or Pompey or The Rangers.... No thanks. And the Trust needs to get to 25% of shares pronto - perhaps a newly exiting director or two might gift some shares to safeguard our club ? We could borrow the money for any stadium expansion, no immediate need to get new investment.

Beware of the Risen People

(No subject) on 22:13 - Dec 15 with 2302 viewsmonmouth

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:03 - Dec 15 by Kilkennyjack

Buying shares does not pump money into the club, just the people who sell the said shares will get the dosh. My concern is that if we start to rely on some rich fella or two, then what happens when he gets bored and moves onto a new toy ? Think Tan or Pompey or The Rangers.... No thanks. And the Trust needs to get to 25% of shares pronto - perhaps a newly exiting director or two might gift some shares to safeguard our club ? We could borrow the money for any stadium expansion, no immediate need to get new investment.

Nobody will gift anybody anything in my view. Gift the trust power and the buyer walks away or the remaining shares tank in value. I'm up to be proved wrong, but as I see it the ONLY pressure that can be brought to bear on the directors (and it needs to be during consultation, not when the deal is ready to be sealed) is on their future reputation and realising that the bullsh1t won't wash, however it is spun.

The work T2C, Lisa and others are doing to keep this visible is invaluable IMHO. Phil's book shows clearly the value of internet warriorship, particularly if the trust are hamstrung with NDA (s). Phil reiterated that the Trusts view hasn't changed (no change of ownership needed), so we should all be banging that drum as loudly as we can Constantly and repetitively to try and support that position or influence the shape of any deal. Knowing that your reputation would be slaughtered may not affect some of the shareholders, but it might cause pause for thought in others.

As I said the other day the time for raising an alarm is not when a fire has taken hold. That's my two pennorth just now anyway,
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 22:14]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:30 - Dec 15 with 2257 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't understand why anyone would be embarrassed by this. A good dose of healthy scepticism is always in order in these situations. Anyone thinking that the deal on the table is in any way comparable to the Man City "let's throw money at a rich man's plaything" scenario needs to disavow themselves of that notion right now. It isn't.

Poll: Tory leader

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 23:29 - Dec 15 with 2153 viewsperchrockjack

"Work" how

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 00:11 - Dec 16 with 2125 viewsjackforever

So a few shareholders will make millions and the club will have new owners with no interest in the club or city. Could be the beginning of the end. We a turning over almost 100,000,000 if that's not enough to run a football club in swansea then feck it what's the point. These aren't malcolm struel/ doug sharpe days.
However if the board can explain WHY this would be good for the club and the city then I'm all ears. But a statement saying investment is crucial for the development of the club isn't good enough. We need facts not sound bites by people who stand to win the lottery
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 00:16 - Dec 16 with 2113 viewsJoe_bradshaw

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 00:11 - Dec 16 by jackforever

So a few shareholders will make millions and the club will have new owners with no interest in the club or city. Could be the beginning of the end. We a turning over almost 100,000,000 if that's not enough to run a football club in swansea then feck it what's the point. These aren't malcolm struel/ doug sharpe days.
However if the board can explain WHY this would be good for the club and the city then I'm all ears. But a statement saying investment is crucial for the development of the club isn't good enough. We need facts not sound bites by people who stand to win the lottery

Exactly.

"Investment" that doesn't put a penny into the coffers of the club is somehow crucial to the development of the club.

That hasn't been explained and needs to be otherwise all but the very few will remain sceptical at best.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 00:21 - Dec 16 with 2106 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 00:11 - Dec 16 by jackforever

Bang on, an excellent post.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 01:49 - Dec 16 with 2071 viewsParlay

The more similar banners are seen the better. There is little to no awareness in many quarters.

Forum celebrity

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 08:54 - Dec 16 with 1983 viewsUxbridge

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 20:57 - Dec 15 by monmouth

There still seem to be folk that don't get this. I find that almost beyond belief really.

You'd be amazed how prevalent a view it is. Some people can't seem to grasp the concept that if shares are sold in the club that that money goes to private individuals not the club.

I always use the house example. If you are selling your house, who gets the money .... you or the house?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 08:59 - Dec 16 with 1975 viewsPhil_S

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 08:54 - Dec 16 by Uxbridge

You'd be amazed how prevalent a view it is. Some people can't seem to grasp the concept that if shares are sold in the club that that money goes to private individuals not the club.

I always use the house example. If you are selling your house, who gets the money .... you or the house?

Is it the house?
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:23 - Dec 16 with 1949 viewsJackSomething

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 22:30 - Dec 15 by exiledclaseboy

I don't understand why anyone would be embarrassed by this. A good dose of healthy scepticism is always in order in these situations. Anyone thinking that the deal on the table is in any way comparable to the Man City "let's throw money at a rich man's plaything" scenario needs to disavow themselves of that notion right now. It isn't.

Take note of the usernames on this thread who are knocking the banner/in favour of taking the money. They represent the minority who if they were turkeys, they'd vote for Christmas.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:25 - Dec 16 with 1942 viewsmonmouth

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:23 - Dec 16 by JackSomething

Take note of the usernames on this thread who are knocking the banner/in favour of taking the money. They represent the minority who if they were turkeys, they'd vote for Christmas.

Mate - I hope they represent the minority. I fear otherwise.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:34 - Dec 16 with 1925 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:25 - Dec 16 by monmouth

Mate - I hope they represent the minority. I fear otherwise.

They do. Anyone with any sense of our club's history and with any appreciation of how foreign "investment" has worked out for other clubs (except Man City or Chelsea) would be turned cold by this rumoured proposal. C Jack there is nothing definite at the moment but this is EXACTLY the right time to make our feelings known about this - i.e. before it's too late!

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:14 - Dec 16 with 1844 viewsdobjack2

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:34 - Dec 16 by Brynmill_Jack

They do. Anyone with any sense of our club's history and with any appreciation of how foreign "investment" has worked out for other clubs (except Man City or Chelsea) would be turned cold by this rumoured proposal. C Jack there is nothing definite at the moment but this is EXACTLY the right time to make our feelings known about this - i.e. before it's too late!

The trouble is that there are people who don't know the history of our club, or of Portsmouth, and others that have spectacularly crashed and burned.

I would bet that some don't know where the vetch was.

Recently I saw a Facebook page i think relating to the club with numpties posting on it about getting this investment in so that we can take on Man City. It would appear that many of the numpties either have no concept of debt in real life or would support one of the mega rich clubs if we came unstuck.

The message of caution needs to be reiterated.

I can see a propaganda war developing if the deal gets close, the danger is that the trust may be hamstrung in its opposition by a NDA.

In my view the board have a lot of questions to answer about the need for investment, how much investment how the investment can be madw and how making money for shareholders fits into this. A statement about ensuring that the trusts interest will be protected in any deal now or in the future would be a start.
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:27 - Dec 16 with 1834 viewsParlay

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 09:23 - Dec 16 by JackSomething

There is no money to take. The club doesn't get a penny, in fact, i assume the club will be far far worse off as the Americans will be in it for the profit.

Say we get £20m surplus at the end of the season - is that going to go on another Bony and improve the squad ... or syphoned off somehow for services or advertising to the money oriented owners?

Any fan in favour of this is absolutely barking mad.

Forum celebrity

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:33 - Dec 16 with 1827 viewsJackSomething

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:27 - Dec 16 by Parlay

There is no money to take. The club doesn't get a penny, in fact, i assume the club will be far far worse off as the Americans will be in it for the profit.

Say we get £20m surplus at the end of the season - is that going to go on another Bony and improve the squad ... or syphoned off somehow for services or advertising to the money oriented owners?

I know all that. 'Take the money' was just my way of wording it. I could have said 'in favour of the takeover' or something similar.

You're preaching to the converted and I tend to agree with your last sentence. Again though, look at the usernames who are in favour. With all due respect to them, they're not exactly the sharpest tools in the box.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

(No subject) on 10:34 - Dec 16 with 1825 viewsShaky

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:27 - Dec 16 by Parlay

You don't know what you are talking about.

Venture capital /private equity investors look to build value in the company over time, and then sell the whole thing on for a profit after maybe 5-10 years.

They will be expecting to invest in the club and playing staff in order to do that, not siphon off every spare penny.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:36 - Dec 16 with 1811 viewsperchrockjack

Going on a bit now shaky innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:37 - Dec 16 with 1812 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:14 - Dec 16 by dobjack2

The trouble is that there are people who don't know the history of our club, or of Portsmouth, and others that have spectacularly crashed and burned.

I would bet that some don't know where the vetch was.

Recently I saw a Facebook page i think relating to the club with numpties posting on it about getting this investment in so that we can take on Man City. It would appear that many of the numpties either have no concept of debt in real life or would support one of the mega rich clubs if we came unstuck.

The message of caution needs to be reiterated.

I can see a propaganda war developing if the deal gets close, the danger is that the trust may be hamstrung in its opposition by a NDA.

In my view the board have a lot of questions to answer about the need for investment, how much investment how the investment can be madw and how making money for shareholders fits into this. A statement about ensuring that the trusts interest will be protected in any deal now or in the future would be a start.

That's the danger, the promises of "you'll be bigger than Barca" being swallowed up by newbie supporters jumping on the bandwagon of a small provincial club. It's not like it hasn't happened before is it ?

As for Oldjack the chances of these particular Americans doing a Sheik Mansoor on us are probably 1,236,825,915 /1. In other words, it ain't going to happen. They haven't got the money.

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:41 - Dec 16 with 1800 viewsbudegan

I've not had the time to follow the debate on here as closely as I'd like to, so apologies if this has been covered but missed by me...

Is there not a way that the directors who wish to can get the pay out they want (and - arguably - deserve having made the investment, taken the risk when it was essential for our survival that they did) ... whilst the status quo retains, ie no new investors coming in?
"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:41 - Dec 16 with 1799 viewsBrynmill_Jack

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:33 - Dec 16 by JackSomething

I know all that. 'Take the money' was just my way of wording it. I could have said 'in favour of the takeover' or something similar.

You're preaching to the converted and I tend to agree with your last sentence. Again though, look at the usernames who are in favour. With all due respect to them, they're not exactly the sharpest tools in the box.

Darran for one. This is one of the most accurate posts I've ever read on here!

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:45 - Dec 16 with 1794 viewsDarran

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:41 - Dec 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Darran for one. This is one of the most accurate posts I've ever read on here!

I'm completely against and I'd like it if you would either stop telling lies about me or show some evidence to back up your lies.
Thick lying tw*t

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

(No subject) on 10:47 - Dec 16 with 1786 viewsShaky

"MOORE'S THE PETTY" on 10:41 - Dec 16 by budegan

I've not had the time to follow the debate on here as closely as I'd like to, so apologies if this has been covered but missed by me...

Is there not a way that the directors who wish to can get the pay out they want (and - arguably - deserve having made the investment, taken the risk when it was essential for our survival that they did) ... whilst the status quo retains, ie no new investors coming in?

There is only one way; the club could borrow money on whatever terms they can get from ordinary commercial sources, and buy back the shares belonging to those that want out.

However, by the sounds of things that is at least 30% of the shares, and at a value of £100million for 100% of the club would require borrowing of a cool £30million.

How many in favour of that?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024