Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. 19:53 - Dec 20 with 2526 viewsWxmJax

Today.

The good.....made 4 good defensive clearances a la Bony

The bad......basically everything else.

I think that we'd be better served with Emnes and Barrow come January, saying that it's the worst I've seen Marvin play. If Bony had started I believe that we would have won comfortably. Great support today by the way, may not come over on tv but a lot of singing today. Please excuse any grammatical mistakes as I've been on Desperados and Rioja and I'm the last man standing (must be a bug going around) hence why I'm on here.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2014 19:54]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 19:54 - Dec 20 with 2514 viewsMrSwan

he must show more fight and aggressiveness towards defenders

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:10 - Dec 20 with 2420 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 19:54 - Dec 20 by MrSwan

he must show more fight and aggressiveness towards defenders

Especially whilst on the pitch

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:13 - Dec 20 with 2401 viewsWxmJax

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:10 - Dec 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Especially whilst on the pitch

That made me laugh, I had to up you for that

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:18 - Dec 20 with 2369 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:13 - Dec 20 by WxmJax

That made me laugh, I had to up you for that

So that's why I'm having trouble sitting down !

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:20 - Dec 20 with 2355 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

His minutes on the pitch is probably less than 10 %

I would accept fu ck all from the poor guy until he's given a run of games.

You know , just like Bony needed .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:47 - Dec 20 with 2240 viewsWxmJax

No I liked Bony in the Malmo game but seen Gomis start twice against Rotherham and today and he just doesn't give us anything, at least try. I would be more than happy to be proven wrong but alas it isn't going to happen. You'll see when Wilfy's off in January.

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 20:52 - Dec 20 with 2216 viewsMrSwan

If the Ivory coast get knocked out early will Bony be back with us by mid January?

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 00:52 - Dec 21 with 1858 viewsphact0rri

I think he had some good moments out there to day. but I wonder how much of his lack of form is due to playing as a different kind of striker than Bony? As I saw moments of brilliance today, but he was always picking up passes in bad positions that would have been great for Bony's Hold up play style, but not so much for the more lithe and speed oriented Gomis.

Granted some more work on his finishes wouldn't be a bad thing. that header toward goal was pretty awful, and it should have been in the back of the net.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 07:22 - Dec 21 with 1735 viewsairedale

What's a Desperado and where does a chap buy some?
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 07:34 - Dec 21 with 1725 viewsjack247

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 00:52 - Dec 21 by phact0rri

I think he had some good moments out there to day. but I wonder how much of his lack of form is due to playing as a different kind of striker than Bony? As I saw moments of brilliance today, but he was always picking up passes in bad positions that would have been great for Bony's Hold up play style, but not so much for the more lithe and speed oriented Gomis.

Granted some more work on his finishes wouldn't be a bad thing. that header toward goal was pretty awful, and it should have been in the back of the net.

Spot on.

He isn't a back to goal, hold the ball up and play clever balls through for others kind of striker. He is better running at defenders with pace and power. It is difficult for the team to change their style of play to accommodate him, but it is also difficult for him to play like Bony.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 08:18 - Dec 21 with 1681 viewsDr_Winston

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 07:34 - Dec 21 by jack247

Spot on.

He isn't a back to goal, hold the ball up and play clever balls through for others kind of striker. He is better running at defenders with pace and power. It is difficult for the team to change their style of play to accommodate him, but it is also difficult for him to play like Bony.

You're both right.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 1588 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 07:34 - Dec 21 by jack247

Spot on.

Makes you wonder why we bought him then seeing as (from what you've written there) he patently doesn't suit our style of play. It was hardly worth him being on the pitch yesterday for all he offered. Let's hope he comes good because we'll seemingly be relying on him to do so when Bony disappears for a month.

Poll: Tory leader

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:46 - Dec 21 with 1561 viewsjack247

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:35 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

Makes you wonder why we bought him then seeing as (from what you've written there) he patently doesn't suit our style of play. It was hardly worth him being on the pitch yesterday for all he offered. Let's hope he comes good because we'll seemingly be relying on him to do so when Bony disappears for a month.

I can only guess we were anticipating a big bid for Bony and were looking at either trying to change Gomis style, or more likely, the way we play.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:59 - Dec 21 with 1537 viewslifelong

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:35 - Dec 21 by exiledclaseboy

I think your assessment of his performance yesterday is a bit harsh, playing the lone front man is the most difficult position on the pitch, he was not provided with any quality service yesterday but still put in a decent performance.
He needs game time, people expect too much in too short a time, in some ways it highlights what a brilliant player Bony is.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 1523 viewsjack247

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 09:59 - Dec 21 by lifelong

I think your assessment of his performance yesterday is a bit harsh, playing the lone front man is the most difficult position on the pitch, he was not provided with any quality service yesterday but still put in a decent performance.
He needs game time, people expect too much in too short a time, in some ways it highlights what a brilliant player Bony is.

He definitely needs game time, he needs to adapt the way he plays to suit our style and the team need to accommodate his strengths more than they do. Only way that will happen is if he plays, but there is no way you can leave Bony out. Catch 22.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 10:34 - Dec 21 with 1466 viewsSwan91

The team are used to passing straight to bony so having a striker who runs around is different from them. He played alright yesterday. There were a few times he kept posession and made a nice pass which shouldve become a goal (the ones in the second half where the keeper saved it, cant remember who took the shot). He also hit the post so he is getting close.

Again like bony did last season he needs game time. I wont judge on how he plays until end of january when he has been given 3 or 4 games to play.

Also to the person who said that "why did we buy him if he has a different style of play to bony and the team". Thats because there will be times where a stiker who stays in one spot will not be able to work well. We need a back up style of play (a striker who runs for example) so that the opposition isnt able to easily predict how we will play.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 10:41 - Dec 21 with 1452 viewsbarry_island

This thread reminds me of a sunny afternoon in Rhodes when I helpfully pointed out to some stunned Man Utd fans that the Bony they had been raving about for the last 15 minutes was our substitute Gomis.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 10:45 - Dec 21 with 1436 viewsPrivate_Partz

Good to see that many so giving Gomis some slack. He is doubly unlucky to be playing behind Bony in the pecking order plus being in a club that has little or no adequate reserve team competition to keep those on the fringe up to speed.
I suspect we will see a much better side of him when Wilf heads off to ANC and injuries kick in as the season progresses. Similarly with Marvin and Barrow. The FAC will be an opportunity for them to shine ax well.
As Shearer said we have a good squad as proven by the performance yesterday despite 7 changes. A couple more signings and we will be ready for Europe if we can make the top six ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 10:50 - Dec 21 with 1424 viewsperchrockjack

gomis will come good

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 19:30 - Dec 21 with 1261 viewsWxmJax

Are people serious when they say he has pace ? Has anyone who says this actually been at a match and seen him perform or do they just watch on tv ? During the second half yesterday Dyer crossed the ball in to the box and Gomis , who was one on one in the area with a defender, went to the back of the six yard box away from goal directly behind the defender. Dyer just stood there afterwards with his arms raised wide as if to say what the heck are you going there for ? I can understand lack of confidence to a degree but still haven't seen any pace from him. Thought he was going to be the business after his Man Utd cameo appearance but it looks as if I was wrong.

Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 19:34 - Dec 21 with 1246 viewsA_Fans_Dad

He made a couple of important clearances in defence and chased their defenders and Goalie to win us back the ball.
Bafetimbi Gomis the good and the bad. on 19:40 - Dec 21 with 1226 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He played well. I think an in form Gomis might be a better finisher than bony and though he might not create so many of his own chances, he might finish more of the kind that are created for Bony by others.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2014 19:57]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024