Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
shelvey 22:33 - Dec 29 with 4893 viewsJackofdreambeach

Shelvey has to go
After that..

Sunday league ...poor boy has let us down too often. Gutless,unfit and no team ethic

A worry for swans fans and people like routledge dyer quite inept also. But shelvey has to go now.
shelvey on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 3618 viewsQuakerJack

I am finding it hard to disagree with a single word of that.

Liability.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

shelvey on 23:32 - Dec 29 with 3492 viewsjojaca

Championship

Even when you know, you never know?

shelvey on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 3476 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Deja Vu

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

shelvey on 08:55 - Dec 30 with 3235 viewsEdmundo

shelvey on 22:35 - Dec 29 by QuakerJack

I am finding it hard to disagree with a single word of that.

Liability.

Time to bite the bullet maybe and look for a suitable replacement. If he could only learn from mistakes and get decision making right, he would be hell of a player.
Others have tried and failed, maybe that is where we are at?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

shelvey on 09:20 - Dec 30 with 3189 viewsRancid

I wonder if Monk had kept quiet regarding JJS would Jonjo be getting the hiding of his life on here last night and this morning? Probably not is my guess.
shelvey on 09:28 - Dec 30 with 3164 viewsWhiterockin

shelvey on 09:20 - Dec 30 by Rancid

I wonder if Monk had kept quiet regarding JJS would Jonjo be getting the hiding of his life on here last night and this morning? Probably not is my guess.

Monk did it to give him the opportunity to man up and he didnt.
shelvey on 09:50 - Dec 30 with 3119 viewsRancid

shelvey on 09:28 - Dec 30 by Whiterockin

Monk did it to give him the opportunity to man up and he didnt.

You do that in private not announce it to the national press and football world on the eve of a big game against his former club.Monk messed up by going public about it and it backfired and made him look naive.You're right about his intentions though, he done it to obviously motivate the guy but how often do you hear a manager criticize one of his players publicly and so scathingly.Maybe Monk thinks he's a bit special and going about things differently and hoping it works.It didnt last night that's for sure.
shelvey on 09:59 - Dec 30 with 3088 viewsNOTRAC

shelvey on 09:50 - Dec 30 by Rancid

You do that in private not announce it to the national press and football world on the eve of a big game against his former club.Monk messed up by going public about it and it backfired and made him look naive.You're right about his intentions though, he done it to obviously motivate the guy but how often do you hear a manager criticize one of his players publicly and so scathingly.Maybe Monk thinks he's a bit special and going about things differently and hoping it works.It didnt last night that's for sure.

I agree. If he really felt that way about Shelvey,why did he pick him,and more importantly why didn't he substitute him last night.
What had he done in the previous two games that warranted such a public criticism?
The same with Richards.To substitute him at half time told it's own story.
If Monk criticises any player public ally in the same way again ,then I personally would question his management rights.
It obviously does no good for the player, and opens up the media hysterics as we saw last night

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Login to get fewer ads

shelvey on 10:00 - Dec 30 with 3084 viewstomdickharry

If Shelvey is unfit doesn't say a lot for our training methods.
shelvey on 10:11 - Dec 30 with 3049 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I thought Shelvey did ok last night ,always wanted the ball and let's be honest about it the only one who looked like doing something out there untill gomis cameo at the end, there where quite a few who were pi$$ poor to be fair .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

shelvey on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 3027 viewsQuakerJack

Whether Monk was right or wrong in his public criticism, for me, he was looking for a reaction. If Shelvey had played like he did against Liverpool last season and given away those goals, then ok... he was trying too hard last year to impress his old club and I commend him for his second half response. But tonight his attitude was worrying. The Lallana second sums it up. Watch him when Lallana plays the one-two... Shelvey just stands there, no effort to track him at all.

The boy's a liability...

Carroll and Ki would be my midfield two and with Ki in Asia, I'd suggest we get someone in Jan, because Leon is getting on and Jonjo is not up to it.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

shelvey on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 3017 viewsItchySphincter

shelvey on 09:20 - Dec 30 by Rancid

Was he really as bad as is made out? Not my kind of player but many players have scored unfortunate own goals and besides that he wasn't particularly worse than anyone else. Turgid, inept performance from top to bottom. Looks like they think the last two scrappy wins bought the a day off.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

shelvey on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 3011 viewsNeath_Jack

I wish some of our fans would f*ck off, never mind our players.

Head up Jonjo.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

shelvey on 10:22 - Dec 30 with 2989 viewsRancid

shelvey on 10:16 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

Was he really as bad as is made out? Not my kind of player but many players have scored unfortunate own goals and besides that he wasn't particularly worse than anyone else. Turgid, inept performance from top to bottom. Looks like they think the last two scrappy wins bought the a day off.

He was far from being our worst player but Garry loaded the gun and handed it to posters of Planet Swans before the game had kicked off.
shelvey on 10:37 - Dec 30 with 2944 viewsdobjack2

shelvey on 10:22 - Dec 30 by Rancid

He was far from being our worst player but Garry loaded the gun and handed it to posters of Planet Swans before the game had kicked off.

Coming out that Liverpool couldn't rely on his temperament.

Whether anyone agrees with monk going to the papers or not, presumably he had his reasons, the issues with his performances have been discussed since he joined.

Great ability but can make a poorly judged pass when keeping it simpler is a better option:

Not fit enough - or doesn't conserve energy - end result blows up after an hour, often doesn't track his man and gives stupid free kicks away.

Suspect temperament easy to wind up , does stupid things on the pitch.

The paper article sounds like exasperation from the manager and a last attempt to get points over that the player is not listening to.
shelvey on 10:38 - Dec 30 with 2943 viewsOldjack

Just too let you know, Jon jo has denied deliberately slapping that player last night ,

Certain camera angles say differently Jon jo,

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

shelvey on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 2931 viewsItchySphincter

Instinct OJ. Have to cut some slack for human nature.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

shelvey on 10:41 - Dec 30 with 2923 viewsQuakerJack

shelvey on 10:17 - Dec 30 by Neath_Jack

I wish some of our fans would f*ck off, never mind our players.

Head up Jonjo.

How long do we put up with his Kevin and Perry attitude then? Or his lack of effort? His lapse in concentration?

Monk tells him he needs to wise up and sort his discipline. He didn't even get to half time before clocking someone and probably getting a 3 game ban.

His lack of effort for Lallana's second was pathetic. He was bailed out by Fernández for yet again, playing a pass back towards his own goal without looking. As he did last season against Liverpool, it's like he just never learns. He was more interested in mouthing off to Lallana than defending the corner which he headed ino his own net.

He's a liability. What he occasionally gives us is nowhere near compensation for what he costs us.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 10:44]

shelvey on 10:49 - Dec 30 with 2876 viewsOldjack

shelvey on 10:40 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

Instinct OJ. Have to cut some slack for human nature.

his so-called instinct may well lead to a ban now ,i honestly don't know what more the Guv can do , and all the gigging just before he nuts it into his own net ,what's all that about ? ffs ,he just will not listen will he

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

shelvey on 10:53 - Dec 30 with 2863 viewsNeath_Jack

shelvey on 10:41 - Dec 30 by QuakerJack

How long do we put up with his Kevin and Perry attitude then? Or his lack of effort? His lapse in concentration?

Monk tells him he needs to wise up and sort his discipline. He didn't even get to half time before clocking someone and probably getting a 3 game ban.

His lack of effort for Lallana's second was pathetic. He was bailed out by Fernández for yet again, playing a pass back towards his own goal without looking. As he did last season against Liverpool, it's like he just never learns. He was more interested in mouthing off to Lallana than defending the corner which he headed ino his own net.

He's a liability. What he occasionally gives us is nowhere near compensation for what he costs us.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 10:44]

Monk needs to wise up and sort his mouth out, he hasn't been in the job two minutes but thinks he's Bob f*cking Paisley.

Jonjo has a languid style that will never change, ever. He has a nasty streak, a bit like Roy Keane and those, take that away and he won't be the same player. He needs to get wiser no doubt. The first half he was one of our only players that were trying to get us going forward.

He's an easy target now Monk has gone running his gob off to the national press.

When are you going to highlight all the other players that were shite last night, or many games before that? Routs, Dyer, Ash etc etc, or will you wait until Monk has a go at them in the press first?

The player you expect Shelvey to be, is a player Swansea City would never be able to afford.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

shelvey on 10:55 - Dec 30 with 2859 viewsQuakerJack

shelvey on 10:49 - Dec 30 by Oldjack

his so-called instinct may well lead to a ban now ,i honestly don't know what more the Guv can do , and all the gigging just before he nuts it into his own net ,what's all that about ? ffs ,he just will not listen will he

I think your last line sums it up. He just doesn't learn.

shelvey on 10:57 - Dec 30 with 2846 viewsBrynmill_Jack

shelvey on 10:00 - Dec 30 by tomdickharry

If Shelvey is unfit doesn't say a lot for our training methods.

That were heavily criticised by our new manager himself last year

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

shelvey on 11:00 - Dec 30 with 2838 viewsRancid

shelvey on 10:37 - Dec 30 by dobjack2

Coming out that Liverpool couldn't rely on his temperament.

Whether anyone agrees with monk going to the papers or not, presumably he had his reasons, the issues with his performances have been discussed since he joined.

Great ability but can make a poorly judged pass when keeping it simpler is a better option:

Not fit enough - or doesn't conserve energy - end result blows up after an hour, often doesn't track his man and gives stupid free kicks away.

Suspect temperament easy to wind up , does stupid things on the pitch.

The paper article sounds like exasperation from the manager and a last attempt to get points over that the player is not listening to.

If Monk's comments to the press were a final attempt to get through to Shelvey then we have problems.Either Monk doesn't have it in him to sort it out himself or Jonjo Shelvey doesn't respect Garry Monk enough to take on board what was said and act on it.Instead, he's now facing a 3 game ban for violent conduct.It makes Monk look a bit silly now and if he was pi55ed off with Shelvey before last night then I'd imagine he feels like never playing him again this morning.
shelvey on 11:03 - Dec 30 with 2832 viewsRancid

This with feckin big Christmas balls on.Spot on J.

NeathJack i was referring to.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 11:05]
shelvey on 11:08 - Dec 30 with 2812 viewsbermudajack

No... He was our worst Player last night, by a million miles... Did you watch the game???

Replace Shelvey with Ki and two of the goals last night don't happen... Simple

Laughing, joking with The opposition, then immediately nutting the ball into his own goal made me sick to my stomach, he walked away from that with a "whatever" attitude... The same reaction when he stood hand on hips whilst Liverpool scored earlier.

As Carrager said on MNF... He would just do stupid things in training and match days like that, (elbow) he is a liability and that's why Liverpool had to let him go...

Personally I never want to see him in a swans shirt again, he wants out, his body language confirms this... What worries me the most though is GM. How the hell did he stay on for 90 mins, and praising him post match is an absolute joke and embarrassing for our club.

League position and points tally have been great so far, our general away form and style of play have gradually been eradicated and lost...

The Next game will tell us a lot about GM and the teams unity. As I stand in the away end at Loftus road, I'll sing my heart out in the hope that we win and start to return to the hardworking, pressing & passing team that we once were.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024