Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread 21:39 - Dec 31 with 29767 viewsjackharris

One of my favourite matchdays ever!!! Such unity!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 21:42]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:44 - Dec 31 with 5058 viewsorion3016

My best swans day in premier league. Nobody knew what to expect, lots of new signings & new manager and we smashed them. It was a boiling hot day

Be over there now after

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:52 - Dec 31 with 5023 viewspencoedjack

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:44 - Dec 31 by orion3016

My best swans day in premier league. Nobody knew what to expect, lots of new signings & new manager and we smashed them. It was a boiling hot day

I got to agree probably my fav day in the PL too.

Hope I have the same day tomorrow although I doubt it will be as warm
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:56 - Dec 31 with 5020 viewsjackharris

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:44 - Dec 31 by orion3016

1) cracking new kit
2) Michu
3) 5 goals to nil
4) Beautiful weather
5) all pundits (again) predicting relegation for us
6) 2,400 Swans fans
7) the picture of Laudrup and Curtis celebrating and the bench.
8) joint top of the premier league with Norwich?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 22:23 - Dec 31 with 4969 viewsJBT95

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 21:56 - Dec 31 by jackharris

1) cracking new kit
2) Michu
3) 5 goals to nil
4) Beautiful weather
5) all pundits (again) predicting relegation for us
6) 2,400 Swans fans
7) the picture of Laudrup and Curtis celebrating and the bench.
8) joint top of the premier league with Norwich?

8 was a bummer though.

To score 5 goals and win 5-0 for Norwich to go smash Fulham so that we'd be 2nd on alphabetical order took the biscuit!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 22:24]
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 00:04 - Jan 1 with 4896 viewsSwansNZ

And it was against qpr, who are probably the team I dislike the most (with one notable exception)

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 00:05 - Jan 1 with 4889 viewsSwansNZ

0-5 again would be great, but I'd settle for 1-1.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread (n/t) on 02:37 - Jan 1 with 4814 viewsjackharris

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 00:05 - Jan 1 by SwansNZ

0-5 again would be great, but I'd settle for 1-1.

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread (n/t) on 02:38 - Jan 1 with 4812 viewsjackharris

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread (n/t) on 02:37 - Jan 1 by jackharris

I'm going to settle for 3-1 Swans

Login to get fewer ads

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:16 - Jan 1 with 4626 viewsDr_Winston

Going to be tough. If I'm honest, with the way we've been playing lately then it's hard to see us getting anything from this.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:30 - Jan 1 with 4584 viewsmonmouth

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:16 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

Going to be tough. If I'm honest, with the way we've been playing lately then it's hard to see us getting anything from this.

That's my feeling too

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:35 - Jan 1 with 4571 viewsDr_Winston

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:30 - Jan 1 by monmouth

That's my feeling too

I'm just glad we're not on Sky.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:50 - Jan 1 with 4527 viewsSTEVE1

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 22:23 - Dec 31 by JBT95

8 was a bummer though.

To score 5 goals and win 5-0 for Norwich to go smash Fulham so that we'd be 2nd on alphabetical order took the biscuit!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2014 22:24]

I think Fulham won the game 5-0
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:58 - Jan 1 with 4501 viewsunion_jack

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:30 - Jan 1 by monmouth

That's my feeling too

+1

Hate to be pessimistic but from what I've seen lately I don't think we'll have the stomach for this one. Please prove me wrong boys!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 11:22 - Jan 1 with 4433 viewsblaine_scfc

Performances haven't been good lately and I think the hammering against Liverpool was coming, can see QPR getting a backlash, and this could potentially be Bony's last game for us. Go out with a bang fella
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 11:36 - Jan 1 with 4385 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 11:22 - Jan 1 by blaine_scfc

Performances haven't been good lately and I think the hammering against Liverpool was coming, can see QPR getting a backlash, and this could potentially be Bony's last game for us. Go out with a bang fella

It is an important game because if we don't break the recent run of poor performances at QPR I can see us having a very difficult January and February.

I can't say I enjoy reading the speculation about Bony. He would go at the right price, but I don't see anybody paying the right price in January. Huw has fuelled the speculation with some comments that I don't find very smart - Garry's stance is the better one.
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 11:41 - Jan 1 with 4370 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 11:22 - Jan 1 by blaine_scfc

Loss of form tends to be temporary and QPR could well feel a backlash. If we get back to playing our normal game then we should be able to retain the lions share of possession and be able to pick them off as they will have to attack us to some extend. The only threat being the goal machine Austin. If he does not have the ball he cannot score.
In short play our normal game and we should get a result. Play like we did against Liverpool and Villa and another to tonking could be on the cards.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 12:07 - Jan 1 with 4254 viewswaynekerr55

My question is can QPR realistically press us collectively all over the field as a team, given that the tactical sage 'Arry' is in charge?

We've got to be brave in possession and disciplined out of posession. Do that and we'll be fine, given the lack of pace in their defence

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 12:22 - Jan 1 with 4187 viewsOldjack

I got a bad feeling about this one

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 12:30 - Jan 1 with 4146 viewskarnataka

QPR we very poor at The Liberty only a few weeks ago so we know we are more than capable of beating this lot as we've proved it so recently but we'll have to be far nearer our best than we have been in the last few games. I hope the players are still smarting from Monday's debacle and will be more than sufficiently motivated as a result.

I'm much happier with the solidity and industry of a Ki-Britton-Siggy midfield in an away game like this without the, shall we say 'unpredictable' element that Jonjo brings and always felt we should have gone with that at Anfield even before the game.

Would still be reasonably satisfied with a draw thought given their home form.
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:00 - Jan 1 with 4026 viewsWxmJax

Just the one defeat at home against Hull on the opening day suggests this is not going to be easy.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:06 - Jan 1 with 4007 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 10:16 - Jan 1 by Dr_Winston

Exactly the way I feel.
I'd be thrilled if we got anything out of this game, the last couple of games we've looked like a team very low on confidence, plus we are far to easily unsettled when teams press us when we are in possession.
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:14 - Jan 1 with 3971 viewsDr_Winston

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:06 - Jan 1 by Flashberryjack

Exactly the way I feel.
I'd be thrilled if we got anything out of this game, the last couple of games we've looked like a team very low on confidence, plus we are far to easily unsettled when teams press us when we are in possession.
Hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

We're capable of getting something out of the game. Player for player we've nothing to fear, we just need to put in the kind of performance we did against Spurs and haven't seen much of since (or for a couple of games beforehand in truth).

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:17 - Jan 1 with 3961 viewsexiledclaseboy

I can't see us getting anything today and I can hear the knives sharpening in gleeful anticipation in Brynnie and Warwick's households.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:22 - Jan 1 with 3933 viewsAl_Bundy

I doubt we will be pressed as much as Liverpool did to us. QPR will be more of a threat from aerial threats which Liverpool don't have.

The wide players really need to get some confidence and get behind the fullbacks then create chances for Bony with quality balls in.

The RB position no doubt will come into question again along with conceding from cross which is bound to happen again.

The QPR back line is very slow and I hope Monk drums into the players they can be opened up and done for pace.

Austin will be a big threat along with Zamora when he comes on. We have to bin this zonal marking and stop them both getting free headers. Ash needs to step up as a captain and organise not just himself but others around him.

HNY
The Official QPR v Swansea City New Year's Day Thread on 13:36 - Jan 1 with 3854 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

When I've seen QPR this season, they certainly haven't played a pressing game. That's not to say they won't try to do that today, but I'm clinging to the hope they're not going to be hassling us all over the pitch like Liverpool did, so we'll at least have some space to play.

Saying that, I have a horrible feeling we're going to sit back on 2 rigid defensive lines and defend our 18 yard box, hoping to get something on the break.....and I don't think that'll work; I hope we at least try to impose ourselves on the game early on.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024