Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know I pointed out... 15:55 - Jan 2 with 3403 viewsreddythered

... idiots don't know that attendance figures quoted are irrelevant to tax and silly things like that?

Well, step up an idiot.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=152425

"Obviously there are implications like tax payments"

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

You know I pointed out... on 16:42 - Jan 2 with 3300 viewsdgt73

You can say whatever attendance you want to. I'm sure tho the correct figures would be made available to the tax man. It's nothing new saying there's more than there actually is.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

You know I pointed out... on 17:12 - Jan 2 with 3218 viewsreddythered

You know I pointed out... on 16:42 - Jan 2 by dgt73

You can say whatever attendance you want to. I'm sure tho the correct figures would be made available to the tax man. It's nothing new saying there's more than there actually is.

Attendance figures aren't relevant to taxation tho.

Income on the other hand...

Granted, if a 2k attendance was regularly reported for a sold out stadium, the taxman would be keen to take a closer look, probably.

Something Ankles failed to grasp, actually. He seems to intimate tonight's game will have it's attendance boosted, which would cost the club money in higher tax to be paid. Dopey git doesn't realise attendance figures aren't useful anyway. That ignores differences between prices in stands, tariffs ( child, adult, concessions ) etc.

EDIT: The actual number of people in the stadium is of course the numbers coming in through the turnstiles. The emergency services have that information, as it's needed.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 17:13]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

You know I pointed out... on 17:19 - Jan 2 with 3181 viewsmonmouth

Does he seriously think HMRC are that stupid and gullible and that ticket sales income, and their attendant systems, wouldn't be thoroughly scrutinised by auditors, and be subject to tax and vat ratio check and analytical review? Sorry if I've misunderstood as I have no intention of viewing that site....might catch some disability.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

You know I pointed out... on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 3172 viewsQuakerJack

Never mind tax. The bloke's a right div. Let's lie to the football world that there were more people there thanks actually were just so we don't look pathetic.

Reddy, the whole country is jealous of the Swans. They all wish they had a local rival like we have, it would give so much pleasure to so many.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

You know I pointed out... on 17:22 - Jan 2 with 3167 viewsdgt73

You know I pointed out... on 17:12 - Jan 2 by reddythered

Attendance figures aren't relevant to taxation tho.

Income on the other hand...

Granted, if a 2k attendance was regularly reported for a sold out stadium, the taxman would be keen to take a closer look, probably.

Something Ankles failed to grasp, actually. He seems to intimate tonight's game will have it's attendance boosted, which would cost the club money in higher tax to be paid. Dopey git doesn't realise attendance figures aren't useful anyway. That ignores differences between prices in stands, tariffs ( child, adult, concessions ) etc.

EDIT: The actual number of people in the stadium is of course the numbers coming in through the turnstiles. The emergency services have that information, as it's needed.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2015 17:13]

You could say there was 2000 in attendance, but tell HMRC the correct attendance and this is nothing new. I can remember Charlton fans a few years back phoning talk sport saying why was the club always announcing crowds of around 20000 when there was actually more like 12000 and someone rang into say it's all to do with advertising and sponsorship, ie you could expect more advertising and sponsorship money from having bigger crowds.

You know I pointed out... on 19:04 - Jan 2 with 3024 viewsCatullus

I'm not sure any club would overstate any attendances, especially by 8000!! Any gains from sponsorship etc would be wiped out by taxes, surely?
besides, would sponsors get involved if a club proved to be completely dishonest?

Reddy, I agree with you. I don't think Tan cares.

PS, you are far too sensible and decent a poster to be a Cardiff fan, walk into the light my friend, we will accept you!!

Luke, Luke, use the force, never give in to the dark side

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

You know I pointed out... on 19:14 - Jan 2 with 2977 viewsdgt73

You know I pointed out... on 19:04 - Jan 2 by Catullus

I'm not sure any club would overstate any attendances, especially by 8000!! Any gains from sponsorship etc would be wiped out by taxes, surely?
besides, would sponsors get involved if a club proved to be completely dishonest?

Reddy, I agree with you. I don't think Tan cares.

PS, you are far too sensible and decent a poster to be a Cardiff fan, walk into the light my friend, we will accept you!!

Luke, Luke, use the force, never give in to the dark side

What are you talking about ? You can say whatever attendance you want, as that announcement is not for HMRC to work out how much tax you need to pay. it's just a cosmetic number and not the number that HMRC will get and that's for sure.

You know I pointed out... on 20:50 - Jan 2 with 2893 viewsWatchman

You know I pointed out... on 17:22 - Jan 2 by dgt73

You could say there was 2000 in attendance, but tell HMRC the correct attendance and this is nothing new. I can remember Charlton fans a few years back phoning talk sport saying why was the club always announcing crowds of around 20000 when there was actually more like 12000 and someone rang into say it's all to do with advertising and sponsorship, ie you could expect more advertising and sponsorship money from having bigger crowds.

ooooooooooo i don't know the Ospreys have done it for years :oD

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Login to get fewer ads

You know I pointed out... on 22:35 - Jan 2 with 2777 viewsreddythered

You know I pointed out... on 19:14 - Jan 2 by dgt73

What are you talking about ? You can say whatever attendance you want, as that announcement is not for HMRC to work out how much tax you need to pay. it's just a cosmetic number and not the number that HMRC will get and that's for sure.

It's usually the number of tickets sold, including STs.

HMRC don't go on attendance figures, they go on income...

You know I pointed out... on 22:58 - Jan 2 with 2717 viewsMillie

There wasn't 2000 then mun, 1927 to be precise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024