Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
gone backwards 18:28 - Jan 10 with 15936 viewsswansealad69

Like monk and what he has done over the years..
But cant help feel we have lost our pass and movement around the pitch.
Yes we needed a plan b under br and ml but now we look clueless at times and the amount off times we give the ball away cheaply is shockin.
As iv said I like monk but feel our passing and patient football has gone backward.
Allso what is going on with Wayne and nathan? Nathan just seams lost and rarley cuts in to get the ball but just holds out wide.Wayne just gives the ball away or loses it time and time again.
I know im going to get some sh, t for this but we have been poor for most the season and its only a handful of games were we realy look good.
gone backwards on 21:28 - Jan 10 with 1654 viewsskippyjack

gone backwards on 21:21 - Jan 10 by Darran

Is 69 your iq ?

In his case.. it's laziness.. like me.. his posts are over-exaggerated.. but take the exaggeration away.. he makes fairly decent points.. we haven't been at our free flowing best..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

gone backwards on 21:32 - Jan 10 with 1649 viewsgriffneath

I agree we are not at our free flowing "easy on the eye" best, but we are grinding out results and picking up points, which we would not have under laudrup. Having said that there were some moves today, such as the build up to Gomis skying the ball over in the second half which were sublime
gone backwards on 21:33 - Jan 10 with 1636 viewsDr_Winston

gone backwards on 19:33 - Jan 10 by macthejack

Am I the only one who hasn't really noticed a change in our play since Monk took over? By the end of the Laudrup era our football was utterly dire, unwatchable tripe. Monk has improved it since then...

It's not as good as the best of Laudrup, but not far off the best of Rodgers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

gone backwards on 21:35 - Jan 10 with 1629 viewsskippyjack

gone backwards on 21:32 - Jan 10 by griffneath

I agree we are not at our free flowing "easy on the eye" best, but we are grinding out results and picking up points, which we would not have under laudrup. Having said that there were some moves today, such as the build up to Gomis skying the ball over in the second half which were sublime

When our two main culprits Dyer and Routledge were off.. which the OP in fairness points out why.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

gone backwards on 21:36 - Jan 10 with 1632 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 21:12 - Jan 10 by Newhousemustscore

Yes I can. Approx 1 yr ago we played west ham and lost 2-0. We were shocking that day and in most peoples opinion we were nowhere near them and they only had 10 men. Our manager at the time was a man called michael laudrup and he was subsequently sacked. Fast forward 12 months and we matched them. I can do a more exhaustive explanation if you struggle with this. Can you confirm if you do please?

But we've finished above them in the table for the last 2 seasons. So how does one result make them the better team? Plus we've won a major trophy recently

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

gone backwards on 21:42 - Jan 10 with 1610 viewsswansealad69

Is 69 your iq ?

Now now Darren there is no need to take the piss out off someone who aint the best at spelling and grammar.
Its not as if u would take the piss out off a guy with no arms legs or mentally disabled whould u ? Nut find it ok to do so with someone who suffers from dyslexia.
Ps I was p
Expressing my opinion on the club I love and have paid a lot off money in supporting through thick and thin.
Iv earned the right to express my opinion to u and any other internet bully on this f..king board.
gone backwards on 21:43 - Jan 10 with 1600 viewsApeShit

People are bringing up the number of points we have when this thread is about our style of play.

We haven't played our best passing game for awhile and have difficulty retaining the ball.

Can't really see how people can disagree with that.
gone backwards on 21:49 - Jan 10 with 1580 viewsNewhousemustscore

gone backwards on 21:36 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

But we've finished above them in the table for the last 2 seasons. So how does one result make them the better team? Plus we've won a major trophy recently

This whole post was based on our style of play not our final position in the league (read the original post if you don't believe me) and I was answering that I didn't think we'd gone backwards and used a game approx 12 months ago against today's opposition as an example of this. I did this because I felt he'd made these comments based on today's match.
Login to get fewer ads

gone backwards on 21:54 - Jan 10 with 1565 viewsskippyjack

gone backwards on 21:43 - Jan 10 by ApeShit

People are bringing up the number of points we have when this thread is about our style of play.

We haven't played our best passing game for awhile and have difficulty retaining the ball.

Can't really see how people can disagree with that.

Questioning IQs and making fun by saying 'backwards'.. without actually reading it properly.. understanding.. that's what you all lack.. understanding.. I understood him straightaway.

gone backwards on 21:57 - Jan 10 with 1558 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 21:42 - Jan 10 by swansealad69

Now now Darren there is no need to take the piss out off someone who aint the best at spelling and grammar.
Its not as if u would take the piss out off a guy with no arms legs or mentally disabled whould u ? Nut find it ok to do so with someone who suffers from dyslexia.
Ps I was p
Expressing my opinion on the club I love and have paid a lot off money in supporting through thick and thin.
Iv earned the right to express my opinion to u and any other internet bully on this f..king board.

Sorry Butt I'm a bit dyslexic myself,I wnet to a funeral a couple of months ago and it said in the Evening Post dress code sombre.

I looked a right c*nt in the church with a big Mexican hat on I can tell you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

gone backwards on 22:00 - Jan 10 with 1543 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is 69 your iq ?

At least he has an opinion. You don't

gone backwards on 22:05 - Jan 10 with 1527 viewsNeathJack

I fail to see how tweaking a style and gaining more points than under the previous style is going backwards.

I'd say it is evolving nicely.
gone backwards on 22:10 - Jan 10 with 1500 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 22:00 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

At least he has an opinion. You don't

Yeah I do have an opinion it's just that you want more people like him to agree that Garry's a c^nt.
You just can't handle us doing well when you wanted Garry to fail.
That's not an opinion that's a FACT.

gone backwards on 22:13 - Jan 10 with 1492 viewsblaine_scfc

GM has got 30 points in the bank, we will stay up comfortably this season so therefore mission accomplished as far as he is concerned. West Ham could have finished us off today though and if they didn't try settling for 1-0 and went for the kill they would have.

From the two games I have seen against them, they are the better side by a distance.
gone backwards on 22:46 - Jan 10 with 1450 viewsacejack3065

We are still having the bulk of possession like we did under Brendan. We are still looking for the quick killer ball like we did under Laudrup. We are still looking to play the ball from the back like we did under Roberto. We still score the bulk of our goals from open play, moving the ball from right to left, feeding it to feet or putting crosses across the box.

What's changed?

We are more alert to clearing our lines which avoids bringing unnecessary pressure onto ourselves. We are willing to dig deep and compromise the "philosophy" when needs must. We are willing to be more physical and more defensively minded in general. We also have 30 points in January.

I genuinely believe a reasonably sized section of our fans have become irritated and somewhat spoilt in recent months. I also think it's because they haven't recovered from the exit of Michael Laudrup. We had a high profile ex player as manager and our fans haven't respected the replacement. For these people there will be nothing that Garry can do to appease their lust for a superstar at the helm.

Under Garry we have looked the steadiest yet since gracing the premier league but he has been placed under more scrutiny than any Swansea City manager in the last ten years. We have won at old Trafford, beaten Arsenal at home and accumulated 30 points before February. For any club outside the Top 8 in the prem this is quite a remarkable achievement and we have done this with a manager who has been a manager for barely a year.

Despite all of this we have fans complaining about the state of our football. Honestly if Swansea City can achieve what we have in the last 6 months and it's still not satisfactory, then it's genuinely best if you find another club. Our club will never be fit to serve your needs as I don't see what we could achieve which would quench your thirst for assertaining success whilst playing attractive football.

We can have discussions about style of play but our record this year stands testament to Garry Monks ability and potential as a manager.
gone backwards on 22:59 - Jan 10 with 1431 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 22:10 - Jan 10 by Darran

Yeah I do have an opinion it's just that you want more people like him to agree that Garry's a c^nt.
You just can't handle us doing well when you wanted Garry to fail.
That's not an opinion that's a FACT.

We're not happy with the style of play so therefore we "hate Monk". Nice quantum leap there Sam

gone backwards on 23:04 - Jan 10 with 1407 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Monks has changed our game no doubt .

Thought we were great 2 nd half today .

Viva Montero

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

gone backwards on 23:07 - Jan 10 with 1404 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 22:59 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

We're not happy with the style of play so therefore we "hate Monk". Nice quantum leap there Sam

Basically you're not happy that we are more willing to defend by clearing our lines as opposed to trying to play the ball out all the time.
gone backwards on 23:13 - Jan 10 with 1390 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 23:07 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

Basically you're not happy that we are more willing to defend by clearing our lines as opposed to trying to play the ball out all the time.

No he's not happy with us doing well under Monk.
He wasn't happy when we didn't play well against Hull when we won 1-0,he wasn't happy when we lost 2-1 to Spurs when we played very well and he was gutted when we weren't at our best when we beat Villa 1-0 on Boxing Day,oh and he isn't happy today.
He reckoned we were going to struggle under Monk this season and he's starting to embarrass himself.

gone backwards on 23:17 - Jan 10 with 1376 viewsperchrockjack

It's a case of people questioning where we are going wrong.

Considering where we are in the league and the solidity of the club, it's simply mind blowing.

Monk woukd be hero worshipped in many a club given the circumstances the club was in which was a clearly disinterested manager leading a listless group of players.

In d suggest this site is the only place you ll find this discontent.

We truly do not deserve a vibrant club reading the constant bile on here.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

gone backwards on 23:18 - Jan 10 with 1383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

gone backwards on 22:46 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

We are still having the bulk of possession like we did under Brendan. We are still looking for the quick killer ball like we did under Laudrup. We are still looking to play the ball from the back like we did under Roberto. We still score the bulk of our goals from open play, moving the ball from right to left, feeding it to feet or putting crosses across the box.

What's changed?

We are more alert to clearing our lines which avoids bringing unnecessary pressure onto ourselves. We are willing to dig deep and compromise the "philosophy" when needs must. We are willing to be more physical and more defensively minded in general. We also have 30 points in January.

I genuinely believe a reasonably sized section of our fans have become irritated and somewhat spoilt in recent months. I also think it's because they haven't recovered from the exit of Michael Laudrup. We had a high profile ex player as manager and our fans haven't respected the replacement. For these people there will be nothing that Garry can do to appease their lust for a superstar at the helm.

Under Garry we have looked the steadiest yet since gracing the premier league but he has been placed under more scrutiny than any Swansea City manager in the last ten years. We have won at old Trafford, beaten Arsenal at home and accumulated 30 points before February. For any club outside the Top 8 in the prem this is quite a remarkable achievement and we have done this with a manager who has been a manager for barely a year.

Despite all of this we have fans complaining about the state of our football. Honestly if Swansea City can achieve what we have in the last 6 months and it's still not satisfactory, then it's genuinely best if you find another club. Our club will never be fit to serve your needs as I don't see what we could achieve which would quench your thirst for assertaining success whilst playing attractive football.

We can have discussions about style of play but our record this year stands testament to Garry Monks ability and potential as a manager.

Well after reading that I can only take from that that we can't discuss styles of play as that makes us sound disloyal to Garry Monk and also ungrateful. Your reaction is typical to most in this thread, which so happens to be questioning our style of play.

gone backwards on 23:23 - Jan 10 with 1365 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 23:18 - Jan 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Well after reading that I can only take from that that we can't discuss styles of play as that makes us sound disloyal to Garry Monk and also ungrateful. Your reaction is typical to most in this thread, which so happens to be questioning our style of play.

We could discuss styles of play if you had been even remotely objectionable in the last few months. You've complained regardless of result, performance or opposition played.

Instead you've missed out on enjoying the fantastic success of our football club because you can't bring yourself to give Monk any credit, even begrudgingly.
gone backwards on 23:25 - Jan 10 with 1359 viewsDarran

gone backwards on 23:23 - Jan 10 by acejack3065

We could discuss styles of play if you had been even remotely objectionable in the last few months. You've complained regardless of result, performance or opposition played.

Instead you've missed out on enjoying the fantastic success of our football club because you can't bring yourself to give Monk any credit, even begrudgingly.

Brilliant brilliant post and I'm so happy you've been reading his posts over the last few months.
It must be awful to not be enjoying Swansea City at the moment and Brynnir needs rehab.

gone backwards on 23:25 - Jan 10 with 1353 viewsperchrockjack

Discuss? Really.

Ever tried it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

gone backwards on 23:28 - Jan 10 with 1353 viewsacejack3065

gone backwards on 23:25 - Jan 10 by perchrockjack

Discuss? Really.

Ever tried it

Yeah I've tried discuss but I've got a better build for the javelin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024