Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
30 Points. 19:40 - Jan 10 with 2513 viewsHuw57

30 points at this stage is superb, IMO.

Last season, we managed to get 30 points by the 25th Of March, this season, we have achieved that by the 10th Of January.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

30 Points. on 11:14 - Jan 11 with 581 viewsjacksinceever

30 Points. on 11:05 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Its not just that but the whole attitude to Monk, the Board, The Trust, all of whom have ben subject to the most abject crap on here.

Its quite incredible but I honestly feel that this site is no way representative of the majority of fans. The ones I speak to recoil from it in a actual fact.

Im been pretty brutal; over the years and hammered many but we are really well set for my lifetime and my father will die with us still being in the top tier. It makes me feel very emotional so its probably why I see my arse so often on here.

THE FEAR I HAVE IS GOOD PEOPLE walking away from the club--- and if they took any notice of some on here would have done so by now then we d really be stuffed.

People should remember the most important thing of all and that is the fact we have had some of the most incompetent directors in the game along with a fetid council that wanted us -our club - dead..

WE are in GOOD PLACE

99% correct.
The only thing I would disagree with is that we are not in a good place - we are in an unbelievable place that the majority of Swans fans over it's history (and especially those who have seen the club sink to the depths several times) could only dream of us achieving.
The sooner those with a negative view of the club either wise up or get lost, the better off the club will be.
30 Points. on 11:17 - Jan 11 with 572 viewsmonmouth

Of course this site is not representative. We're all self selecting nerds by posting here in the first place.

I don't really care who's in the dugout to be honest; I'm not pro or anti monk. I'm reasonably happy with what's going on, on the pitch with a few jangling alarm bells now and again. I honestly think we'll get better and yesterday showed signs of what that better will look like.

If it stops happening on the pitch and we do really 'go backwards' then we get a new man in the dugout. Emotional attachment to a 'personality' either way is so 1960s.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 11:20]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

30 Points. on 11:19 - Jan 11 with 568 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We are in an amazing place and good people are not going to walk away from our football club because of a few people posting messages on a fans' website which is of no real significance in the grand scheme of things. If they were inclined to do that they'd have done it a very long time ago.

The offer of a few million pounds might be concentrating their minds though.......

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

30 Points. on 11:29 - Jan 11 with 551 viewsperchrockjack

thank you for those replies.

I don't think the directors will walk away either,just making the point that if I had put my money into the club at a tricky time and then found it to be a good investment , I d fook off if some anonymous internet jockeys shouted the odds from afar.

Frankly, Im in a minority of actually these people really do make a lot of money and I ll thank them for putting their money into my club when the rest ,like you and me, couldnt or wouldn't. Just want to add my contempt for Swansea councils over the years as regards our club which is now the thing most remembered when the word Swansea is mentioned.

These directors will see us right

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

30 Points. on 11:40 - Jan 11 with 533 viewsA_Fans_Dad

30 Points. on 11:29 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

thank you for those replies.

I don't think the directors will walk away either,just making the point that if I had put my money into the club at a tricky time and then found it to be a good investment , I d fook off if some anonymous internet jockeys shouted the odds from afar.

Frankly, Im in a minority of actually these people really do make a lot of money and I ll thank them for putting their money into my club when the rest ,like you and me, couldnt or wouldn't. Just want to add my contempt for Swansea councils over the years as regards our club which is now the thing most remembered when the word Swansea is mentioned.

These directors will see us right

Not just the Council, the AM as well. We bring money in to Wales, but their investment in Swansea is minimal compared to Cardiff.
It has all been done by those Directors, the Trust and the Fans, well done to them all.
30 Points. on 11:44 - Jan 11 with 525 viewsperchrockjack

Im going back to the late 70s when the council were all for finishing us off.
No doubt about it.
For those alive at that time, never forgotten .

AM basically, like the London government ,are interested in what happens in the south east

30 Points. on 11:48 - Jan 11 with 518 viewsjacksinceever

30 Points. on 11:44 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Im going back to the late 70s when the council were all for finishing us off.
No doubt about it.
For those alive at that time, never forgotten .

AM basically, like the London government ,are interested in what happens in the south east

Also nationally. Never forget the opinion of Ian St John on "Saint & Greavsie" after the Walsall game was called off and the gates locked that in effect, if we can't pay our bills, tough luck and goodbye.
Would he have said the same if his beloved Liverpool had spiralled down to the depths we had ?
30 Points. on 11:53 - Jan 11 with 510 viewsperchrockjack

Fair comment.

Its also true Liverpoool FC could have close us easily as we refused to pay for Ray Kennedy. Its uncomfortable for scouse haters on here but its fact,as they say.

I met St John a few times ,once when he was a victim of crime..
Not the nicest individual but there again neither was I.

People forget also how close MAN city were to folding and Wolves were only saved by Jack Hayward.

We owe the famous five everything, especially Mel Nurse

Login to get fewer ads

30 Points. on 11:53 - Jan 11 with 509 viewsmonmouth

30 Points. on 11:48 - Jan 11 by jacksinceever

Also nationally. Never forget the opinion of Ian St John on "Saint & Greavsie" after the Walsall game was called off and the gates locked that in effect, if we can't pay our bills, tough luck and goodbye.
Would he have said the same if his beloved Liverpool had spiralled down to the depths we had ?

Ah but that's different. If it were Liverpool it obviously wouldn't be their fault.

30 Points. on 11:56 - Jan 11 with 497 viewsperchrockjack

now then now then now then Mon

You re an award winner and you should above all that.

inniit

30 Points. on 11:58 - Jan 11 with 494 viewsjacksinceever

30 Points. on 11:53 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

Fair comment.

Its also true Liverpoool FC could have close us easily as we refused to pay for Ray Kennedy. Its uncomfortable for scouse haters on here but its fact,as they say.

I met St John a few times ,once when he was a victim of crime..
Not the nicest individual but there again neither was I.

People forget also how close MAN city were to folding and Wolves were only saved by Jack Hayward.

We owe the famous five everything, especially Mel Nurse

I've nothing against Liverpool (or any other team). I also appreciate the help bigger clubs gave us in times of need.
I just feel it's sad to see any team fall into financial difficulties and IMO anyone that's loves football should wish them all the best, not jump on the bandwagon and condemn them publically
30 Points. on 12:01 - Jan 11 with 480 viewsperchrockjack

and that is fair comment. "great" post as they say.

I could tell you who was the biggest shite Liverpool /Everton footballers I came across but it d cause bedlam on here and its the Sabbath Day.

Nicest.Nev Southall. Bonkers, decent, great bloke.

30 Points. on 12:02 - Jan 11 with 479 viewsmonmouth

30 Points. on 11:56 - Jan 11 by perchrockjack

now then now then now then Mon

You re an award winner and you should above all that.

inniit

Ha. I'd bet myself you'd bite!

I think it was Colin Irwin wasn't it? And I'll always be grateful to Liverpool for that. They were a great club, a truly great club in their day.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024