Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. 08:26 - Jan 18 with 4782 viewsNOTRAC

Jordi Amat has played five times for us this year.We have won four of those games, and the only defeat was against Chelsea away when he was substituted at half time through injury,after we had played some outstanding football,completely unlike yesterday.
We paid £2.5m for him after he had played 74 games in La Liga.
He has represented Spain at Under 16,17,18,19 ,20 and 21 levels.
He is still only 22 years of age.
Why is he now completely overlooked.
He hasn't even been given substitute time.
He played 25 times for us last year and never let us down once.
What is wrong?

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 08:38 - Jan 18 with 3820 viewsportsidejack

Because monk hasn't got the bottle to drop his mate ash who has gone backwards,but now he's got injured you may find its going to hard for ash to back into the side.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 08:44 - Jan 18 with 3803 viewsNOTRAC

Amat has played alongside Williams in almost all his games for us.
Williams also seems to play better when Amat is playing.
Not picking him doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:01 - Jan 18 with 3741 viewsApeShit

Amat was amazing for us at the start of the season, its simple really, we have to play Fernandez to justify his £8m price tag.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:04 - Jan 18 with 3730 viewsmagicdaps10

At present i would say that Amat deserves a start alongside Fernandez. I would have even,taken our lack of midfield options yesterday,put Amat in DM yesterday to try and break things up a little and offer a bit of protection for the back four.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:13 - Jan 18 with 3706 viewstomdickharry

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:04 - Jan 18 by magicdaps10

At present i would say that Amat deserves a start alongside Fernandez. I would have even,taken our lack of midfield options yesterday,put Amat in DM yesterday to try and break things up a little and offer a bit of protection for the back four.

Good points,Amat is turning into Canas 2.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:22 - Jan 18 with 3684 viewsRancid

We could have pushed ash into the DM role and put Amat in alongside Fernandez.At least ash can tackle and maybe, just maybe he might have been able to stop the rampant Chelsea midfield walking through our 2nd line of defence.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:24 - Jan 18 with 3672 viewsHugeEnkins

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:04 - Jan 18 by magicdaps10

Fernandez was dog shite yesterday. Responsible for 2 of Chelsea's goals. He often makes stray passes with the ball too. Yesterday we got punished for them. He played well against West Ham, yes, but was awful yesterday. Amat and Williams for me.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:54 - Jan 18 with 3620 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Amat is clearly behind Bartley in Garry's pecking order at present. I don't get it and it would be no surprise if Jordi wanted out.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 3601 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:54 - Jan 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Amat is clearly behind Bartley in Garry's pecking order at present. I don't get it and it would be no surprise if Jordi wanted out.

Sorry Joe, I disagree with that.Amat got injured at Chelsea and is only now coming back to fitness.He started the season fire alongside Ash so instead of Kyle so I see no reason why he sees Bartley as the better option.It's a case of getting Jordi back to full fitness.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:59 - Jan 18 with 3598 viewsDr_Winston

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:54 - Jan 18 by Joe_bradshaw

Probably because Bartley was better when he came in.

Amat's a good player without a doubt but I guess I just don't think he's as good as other people do. Of our four central defenders I think we've got the balance just about right, although Fernandez could probably do with dropping out.

Hell, with Ash crocked I could see an Amat/Bartley defence no problem next game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 10:01]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 3590 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:59 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

Probably because Bartley was better when he came in.

Amat's a good player without a doubt but I guess I just don't think he's as good as other people do. Of our four central defenders I think we've got the balance just about right, although Fernandez could probably do with dropping out.

Hell, with Ash crocked I could see an Amat/Bartley defence no problem next game.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 10:01]

Really? In what games were they then?
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:01 - Jan 18 with 3585 viewsDr_Winston

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:01 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Really? In what games were they then?

Uhh, all of them?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:03 - Jan 18 with 3579 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 09:58 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Sorry Joe, I disagree with that.Amat got injured at Chelsea and is only now coming back to fitness.He started the season fire alongside Ash so instead of Kyle so I see no reason why he sees Bartley as the better option.It's a case of getting Jordi back to full fitness.

He played 90 minutes at Tranmere two weeks ago so he can't be far away.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:06 - Jan 18 with 3563 viewsshandyjack

For me it goes
1.Fed
2.Ash
3.Amat
then a lot lower in terms of ability and quality is Bartley. A good 4th choice but should be nothing more

Poll: Expectation for the season

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:23 - Jan 18 with 3517 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:01 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

Uhh, all of them?

Ah well we'll agree to disagree then.Amat was fantastic for the first 4 or 5 games and he was picked ahead of Bartley in each of them before getting injured.That says to me that Monk prefers him over Kyle.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 3489 viewsDr_Winston

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:23 - Jan 18 by Rancid

Ah well we'll agree to disagree then.Amat was fantastic for the first 4 or 5 games and he was picked ahead of Bartley in each of them before getting injured.That says to me that Monk prefers him over Kyle.

He was good, but fantastic is over the top. I used to sit there counting the number of high balls he found himself caught under because he'd misjudged them. Since Bartley had an impressive stint in the side Amat has barely featured, not even making the bench some games. That says to me that Monk might have had a rethink.

He is a decent player for sure. I guess I'm just not as convinced by him as others seem to be. Certainly I don't believe him to be any better than KB. Both can probably consider themselves unlucky to be behind Ash and Fernandez at present though.

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:34 - Jan 18 with 3473 viewsWarwickHunt

Very good player, potentially a great one.

Couldn't do any worse at right back than what we have at the moment.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:39 - Jan 18 with 3461 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:30 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

He was good, but fantastic is over the top. I used to sit there counting the number of high balls he found himself caught under because he'd misjudged them. Since Bartley had an impressive stint in the side Amat has barely featured, not even making the bench some games. That says to me that Monk might have had a rethink.

He is a decent player for sure. I guess I'm just not as convinced by him as others seem to be. Certainly I don't believe him to be any better than KB. Both can probably consider themselves unlucky to be behind Ash and Fernandez at present though.

He's been injured Doc and with Fernandez injured Monk had to play Bartley.I'm not disputing he done well when called upon but I still think that Monk sees him above Bartley in the pecking order otherwise he wouldn't have started him at the start of the season.And he done pretty well in the first few games, ok fantastic might be a bit over the top but he was praised to the high hilt on here at the start of the season.

I like Bartley, great athlete and all the attributes to be a top player one day but Amat has done nothing wrong when called upon apart from getting injured.Bartley plays the cup games and Amat the PL.Doesn't that suggest Monk sees him as the better option?
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:43 - Jan 18 with 3443 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:03 - Jan 18 by Joe_bradshaw

He played 90 minutes at Tranmere two weeks ago so he can't be far away.

You've answered my question for me Joe.he can't be far away.It's irrelevant really now anyway as Fernandez and Ash are our partnership at the back so no matter how fit Amat might be he's not going to start unless Monk does the unthinkable and drops Ash or FF.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:47 - Jan 18 with 3431 viewsSkipTheJack

The signing of Fernandez was crazy. The Ash/Amat partership was coming along nicely, and we may well have had excellent re-sale value on Amat in a few years time. Instead, we consign Amat to the reserves and spend £8m on a defender who doesn't look any better. Bonkers.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 3413 viewsshandyjack

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:47 - Jan 18 by SkipTheJack

The signing of Fernandez was crazy. The Ash/Amat partership was coming along nicely, and we may well have had excellent re-sale value on Amat in a few years time. Instead, we consign Amat to the reserves and spend £8m on a defender who doesn't look any better. Bonkers.

he looks a lot better, had a poor game yesterday but wasn't helped out by a dreadful tiendalli. The back pass was a mistake but was down to Tiendalli not giving an option like Rangel does.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 3408 viewsRancid

He cost us in the last game with his poor attempt at clearing Carrolls goal.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 3408 viewsNOTRAC

Amat has been on the bench since Nov 9th.
I would have thought that you do not put someone on the bench unless they are fit to play.
Apart from the cup game against Tranmere, he has had no game time whatsoever.
Despite playing in our first four matches(the fourth being the one where he was injured against Chelsea) he has not even had five minutes in the Premiership.
Waiting for him to regain fitness is a load of bollux.
What is wrong.Why couldn't he have had even 10 minutes yesterday when Ash was obviously injured.What is Monk trying to do with him.

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:56 - Jan 18 with 3403 viewsRancid

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:54 - Jan 18 by NOTRAC

Amat has been on the bench since Nov 9th.
I would have thought that you do not put someone on the bench unless they are fit to play.
Apart from the cup game against Tranmere, he has had no game time whatsoever.
Despite playing in our first four matches(the fourth being the one where he was injured against Chelsea) he has not even had five minutes in the Premiership.
Waiting for him to regain fitness is a load of bollux.
What is wrong.Why couldn't he have had even 10 minutes yesterday when Ash was obviously injured.What is Monk trying to do with him.

Because we signed FF for 8m so he's bound to be on the bench.
Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 11:04 - Jan 18 with 3372 viewsApeShit

Our forgotten player. Jordi Amat. on 10:52 - Jan 18 by shandyjack

he looks a lot better, had a poor game yesterday but wasn't helped out by a dreadful tiendalli. The back pass was a mistake but was down to Tiendalli not giving an option like Rangel does.

He could of just cleared his lines and smashed it up field.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024