Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down sizeing your job. 18:07 - Jan 28 with 7272 viewsjackportis

Anyone done it. Pack in a well paid job for another paying less reducing stress, dread and hassle? Any tips, regrets, or indeed no regrets?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Down sizeing your job. on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 2237 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 21:52 - Jan 29 by Jackhero

you know what to do then skippy......skip right off into the f-ing sunset....leave this country and city which you say has given you nothing. the fact is and I know this, is you don't want to be helped, you love playing the victim. tell someone who cares as I don't now for sure, and I'm pretty sure there are a few others here who don't either.

It's all assumption mate.. keep assuming.. that's all everyone does.. assume.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Down sizeing your job. on 22:00 - Jan 29 with 2240 viewsItchySphincter

Yeah, I could have been cuter when it came to hand outs for starting up but I don't really have too many overheads anyway.

Agree with everything you just said.

* edit - should have quoted Bony above, not talking to Skippy.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 22:02]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Down sizeing your job. on 22:10 - Jan 29 with 2227 viewsDyfnant

Down sizeing your job. on 22:00 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

Yeah, I could have been cuter when it came to hand outs for starting up but I don't really have too many overheads anyway.

Agree with everything you just said.

* edit - should have quoted Bony above, not talking to Skippy.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 22:02]

What're you into Itch?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:23 - Jan 29 with 2209 viewsItchySphincter

Down sizeing your job. on 22:27 - Jan 29 with 2201 viewsItchySphincter

Not sure what happened there.

Broadcast Engineer, wireless links. No B Eng. worked up from monkey to senior so there is something to be said for working for a big company, then chose to go on my own.

Down sizeing your job. on 22:30 - Jan 29 with 2196 viewsLord_Bony

Down sizeing your job. on 22:27 - Jan 29 by ItchySphincter

Not sure what happened there.

Broadcast Engineer, wireless links. No B Eng. worked up from monkey to senior so there is something to be said for working for a big company, then chose to go on my own.

May I suggest if you are still pursuing this work or any other to use a good website and social media such as Facebook,YouTube etc.

If done correctly you will have more work than you can handle.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Down sizeing your job. on 22:36 - Jan 29 with 2189 viewsItchySphincter

At the risk of sounding glib I've already got more work than I can handle.

But again, I agree with everything you just said. What do you know about putting websites together Lord? got to be honest I'm not that clued up.

Down sizeing your job. on 22:47 - Jan 29 with 2176 viewsLord_Bony

Number one thing is get a good domain name.

I had a bit of trouble with mine that was well established and it screwed things up for a while for me as per this article..

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/134760/domain-names/#17

I now use Go Daddy for most things as I ve forgiven them... speak to them on the phone I design my own stuff for online and it is soo easy to do... to cut a long story short and it does the job nicely again for most things. it informs potential customers and generates direct sales. Sorry to keep banging on though...social media also so important these days.

There is no need for people to be thinking like 30 years ago scrabbling about for work and money and careers...it s within most peoples grasp to carve out a good living with minimum effort these days working for yourself...just have a bit of self belief and find out how to earn lots of different income streams...lots of people doing it now. Even just sitting on a beach in Miami or The Phillipines and running everything from a laptop...you can do it!

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Login to get fewer ads

Down sizeing your job. on 22:55 - Jan 29 with 2161 viewsItchySphincter

Thanks for the pep talk. I was asking more for the reason that I thought you were hinting/networking for a bit of web design work.

Down sizeing your job. on 23:01 - Jan 29 with 2158 viewsLord_Bony

Ah I see..well thanks for that..

All I can say is that designing a site these days is so easy most people can do it no problem...if you can post on here with some links to videos and photos and add a smiley then you can design a good website as all the hard work is done for you...
Anyone need any advice PM me.

Down sizeing your job. on 11:06 - Jan 30 with 2075 viewsJackhero

Down sizeing your job. on 22:00 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

It's all assumption mate.. keep assuming.. that's all everyone does.. assume.

Bore off you leech

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Down sizeing your job. on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 2074 viewsjack_lord

I'm thinking about giving my job the thumbs down. It isn't well paid but it does come with a car and fuel. That really comes in handy driving to Spain.
The problem is working weekends and well in to the evening as the office are pressurising us to get their SLA's met. It has caused countless arguments and angst at home. One of the other worst things is not getting to see the Swans as often as I would like.
Getting a job in this area that would be bearable is not going to be easy though. Working for myself is probably the most attractive option but are we just asking for more stress?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Down sizeing your job. on 12:36 - Jan 30 with 2037 viewsskippyjack

Down sizeing your job. on 11:06 - Jan 30 by Jackhero

Bore off you leech

Leech? Assumptions do nothing for you whatsoever.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Down sizeing your job. on 12:38 - Jan 30 with 2035 viewsepaul

Down sizeing your job. on 11:17 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

I'm thinking about giving my job the thumbs down. It isn't well paid but it does come with a car and fuel. That really comes in handy driving to Spain.
The problem is working weekends and well in to the evening as the office are pressurising us to get their SLA's met. It has caused countless arguments and angst at home. One of the other worst things is not getting to see the Swans as often as I would like.
Getting a job in this area that would be bearable is not going to be easy though. Working for myself is probably the most attractive option but are we just asking for more stress?

If we'd stayed in the mob Jase we'd be laughing now!!!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Down sizeing your job. on 13:07 - Jan 30 with 2018 viewsjack_lord

Down sizeing your job. on 12:38 - Jan 30 by epaul

If we'd stayed in the mob Jase we'd be laughing now!!!!!

I was thinking the very same a couple of days ago :)

Down sizeing your job. on 19:35 - Jan 30 with 1974 viewsItchySphincter

Down sizeing your job. on 11:17 - Jan 30 by jack_lord

You were chewing this over on the old PS weren't you?

You have some serious thinking to do young man.

Down sizeing your job. on 19:42 - Jan 30 with 1969 viewsjack_lord

Down sizeing your job. on 19:35 - Jan 30 by ItchySphincter

You were chewing this over on the old PS weren't you?

You have some serious thinking to do young man.

I had a payrise :)

Down sizeing your job. on 16:08 - Feb 4 with 1862 viewsglynthomas

Down sizeing your job. on 21:03 - Jan 29 by bkjack

Yes done it in August was a night manager in morrisons earrning just short of 29k done it for over 12 years my wife had a baby 19 months ago. I missed the first 9 months of him growing up quit my job. Had a few months off to regroup I'm now a delivery driver working 4days a week I see my son every day put him to bed see him in the mornings and I'm now earring just over 15k never been so happy in my life

..the flip side is that if life goes tits up and you seperate,the wife gets the house and the kid 80% of the time,you get a 10k legal bill,but can't afford to pay it,because your on a low wage,you can't afford a new place so a bedsit is the only thing going in a shitty area or god forbid move back in with parents.You won't get to see your child so much because you need to increase your hours/salary to pay the maintenance

With earning a large salary gives you a bit of a safety net,you be able to safe a bit more for any unexpected emergencies,able to invest a bit as well but on a low wage you won't be able to do it,most of it will go on bills,no nice holidays anymore and the reason you did it was to see your children more but what you forget their is another person(the wife) who may agree with your decision but over time will start to nag and start to pick arguments when the bills start coming in and get to be honest a pain in the arse.

If you live within your means fair enough and everyone is happy,good,but having money does help a great deal when life turns wrong way round.
Down sizeing your job. on 11:17 - Feb 6 with 1758 viewsLord_Bony

Down sizeing your job. on 16:08 - Feb 4 by glynthomas

..the flip side is that if life goes tits up and you seperate,the wife gets the house and the kid 80% of the time,you get a 10k legal bill,but can't afford to pay it,because your on a low wage,you can't afford a new place so a bedsit is the only thing going in a shitty area or god forbid move back in with parents.You won't get to see your child so much because you need to increase your hours/salary to pay the maintenance

With earning a large salary gives you a bit of a safety net,you be able to safe a bit more for any unexpected emergencies,able to invest a bit as well but on a low wage you won't be able to do it,most of it will go on bills,no nice holidays anymore and the reason you did it was to see your children more but what you forget their is another person(the wife) who may agree with your decision but over time will start to nag and start to pick arguments when the bills start coming in and get to be honest a pain in the arse.

If you live within your means fair enough and everyone is happy,good,but having money does help a great deal when life turns wrong way round.

Well this would be the perfect excuse to become self employed.lots of guys do it.
Declare zero profits for the first year or so then there is nothing to pay to the ex.

That's not to say kids should be deprived...on the contrary...any needs of the child can be taken care of with the assurance it goes direct to the kid not the crazy ex as in the case above.

If it s a more amicable break up then other alternatives are available.

This is only a thought.

Down sizeing your job. on 11:40 - Feb 6 with 1746 viewsMillJack

Following on from Lord_Bony's posts may I suggest the following book....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/4-Hour-Work-Week-Escape-Anywhere-ebook/dp/B006X0M2TS/ref

Some brilliant stuff in there and already putting some of the advice into place myself. Can't recommend it enough.
Down sizeing your job. on 16:51 - Feb 6 with 1719 viewsLord_Bony

This guys book is a firm favourite of mine "The Laptop Millionaire".

Anyone thinking of a career change or working less hours, should definatley consider the options pointed out here.

Down sizeing your job. on 19:13 - Feb 6 with 1683 viewsDyfnant

Down sizeing your job. on 16:51 - Feb 6 by Lord_Bony

This guys book is a firm favourite of mine "The Laptop Millionaire".

Anyone thinking of a career change or working less hours, should definatley consider the options pointed out here.

Lol, full of buzz words and bull sh1t. Might as well be saying invent a self sufficient power source and you'll never have to work again, thanks Captain Obvious

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Down sizeing your job. on 19:46 - Feb 6 with 1662 viewsLord_Bony

Lol

It's not for everyone.only a small percentage of the population...but you get the gist...

Down sizeing your job. on 19:52 - Feb 6 with 1655 viewsbathgatejack

Down sizeing your job. on 19:13 - Feb 6 by Dyfnant

Lol, full of buzz words and bull sh1t. Might as well be saying invent a self sufficient power source and you'll never have to work again, thanks Captain Obvious

Gave up a job in the oil refinery to work with the homeless In Edinburgh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024