Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Faffing about 11:23 - Jan 29 with 3046 viewsbluenile

I don't understand us, we're faffing about looking at Championship strikers who may or may not hit the target. The money's there.........................just go and break the bank for Mitrovic Ffs!!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Faffing about on 11:31 - Jan 29 with 2207 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

Goals keep you up & they don't come cheaply .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Faffing about on 11:35 - Jan 29 with 2195 viewsSwanjaxs

We can forget about Gomis, he clearly wants away and is not committed to the cause, massive few days coming up, biggest test of resolve our board has faced for a very long time

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Faffing about on 11:40 - Jan 29 with 2163 viewsblaine_scfc

Mitrovic would be a great signing, champions league player who I have no doubts would score us the goals to keep us out of trouble. Players like Gestede and Rhodes are a massive no no for me, no one expects us to get another Bony, but atleast show some ambition.
Faffing about on 12:28 - Jan 29 with 2048 viewssomersetsimon

Do you believe that we are aware of all the dealings of the club and the players they are actually interested in?
Faffing about on 12:34 - Jan 29 with 2022 viewsairedale

Faffing about on 12:28 - Jan 29 by somersetsimon

Do you believe that we are aware of all the dealings of the club and the players they are actually interested in?

That's what I think.
Faffing about on 12:36 - Jan 29 with 2014 views1jack

Faffing about on 12:28 - Jan 29 by somersetsimon

No
Faffing about on 12:37 - Jan 29 with 2012 viewsskippyjack

Stadium expansion and infrastructure is a priority..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Faffing about on 12:40 - Jan 29 with 2000 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Faffing about on 11:31 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

Goals keep you up & they don't come cheaply .

They've broken the bank for 1 mercenary this season and look whats happened with that - can't see them doing it again.

Reckon we'll be buying someone who has a point to prove and keep our fingers crossed it works out

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Faffing about on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 1970 viewsLeonisGod

Faffing about on 12:37 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Apparently so. Given that the club have already stated this, I'm surprised people are hoping that we'll splash the cash. The comment about having our fingers financially burnt by Gomis is valid too. We've never been big spenders, and there's no guarantee unless you're buying the best that money = goals. It worked out for Wilf at a relatively low fee (£12m is not a lot relative to what some are paying), but for every Wilf there are a dozen Gomis'.

I'd love us to have an Aguero here, but we can't afford the sort of money that pretty much guarantees success (in fees or wages).
Faffing about on 13:02 - Jan 29 with 1927 viewsAnotherJohn

I've become rather despondent about how we are handling things. Infrastructure is great, but a lot of Championship clubs have that and it does not mean they are likely to get promoted any time soon. None of the rumoured targets seem likely to do enough. We should be safe now, but if we should come a cropper in February, a very tough March is going to see us dropping alarmingly. I've almost come around to thinking that our best bet is to try to get a certain Spaniard's head right.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 13:36]
Faffing about on 13:20 - Jan 29 with 1857 viewsAndyNak

That crossed my mind too... it won't happen this season though, think he's been out since October with his ankle

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Faffing about on 13:49 - Jan 29 with 1746 viewsQuakerJack

Faffing about on 12:37 - Jan 29 by skippyjack

Buying the thing isn't.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Faffing about on 13:55 - Jan 29 with 1727 viewsSwansNZ

Faffing about on 13:02 - Jan 29 by AnotherJohn

I've become rather despondent about how we are handling things. Infrastructure is great, but a lot of Championship clubs have that and it does not mean they are likely to get promoted any time soon. None of the rumoured targets seem likely to do enough. We should be safe now, but if we should come a cropper in February, a very tough March is going to see us dropping alarmingly. I've almost come around to thinking that our best bet is to try to get a certain Spaniard's head right.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2015 13:36]

the one with the f**ked ankles?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Faffing about on 14:43 - Jan 29 with 1647 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Faffing about on 13:55 - Jan 29 by SwansNZ

the one with the f**ked ankles?

Aye that's the one

Faffing about on 14:45 - Jan 29 with 1623 viewsSwansNZ

Faffing about on 14:43 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Aye that's the one

Well, if that's our best bet, we're doomed!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Faffing about on 14:58 - Jan 29 with 1580 viewsSwanjaxs

Basically we're caught between a rock and a hard place, 3 to 5 million gets you a squad player in the premier league, 25 million for Bony was fantastic business, trying to get a replacement in for peanuts will be difficult

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Faffing about on 15:00 - Jan 29 with 1574 viewstomdickharry

Been talking about this player for what seems fore ever, tremendous talent,however,haven't I read somewhere that Monk has stated he is not interested in him,in addition he hasn't played for Anderlecht since the turn of the year could be he's injured.
Faffing about on 15:08 - Jan 29 with 1562 viewsAnotherJohn

Faffing about on 14:43 - Jan 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Aye that's the one

Well it is good to have an expert capable of a definitive diagnosis on the forum!

Obviously the return of the 'white dove' is a long shot, but I'd say we are in dire straits.

What seems to have happened is that in November Michu had an arthroscopy on his right ankle for cleaning and removal of some bone fragments. This is a form of key-hole surgery. That is not necessarily a terminal condition, so I'd be inclined to keep an open mind. Michu is back at Naples, but not yet in full training,
Faffing about on 15:37 - Jan 29 with 1500 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Faffing about on 15:08 - Jan 29 by AnotherJohn

Well it is good to have an expert capable of a definitive diagnosis on the forum!

Obviously the return of the 'white dove' is a long shot, but I'd say we are in dire straits.

What seems to have happened is that in November Michu had an arthroscopy on his right ankle for cleaning and removal of some bone fragments. This is a form of key-hole surgery. That is not necessarily a terminal condition, so I'd be inclined to keep an open mind. Michu is back at Naples, but not yet in full training,

I'd love to have him back next season .
The best player in my opinion to wear the shirt,
I've read today Napoli will be sending him back in the summer, if his ankles are ok let's hope him & monk kiss and make up .

Although Mink doesn't want him here so that could be the end of it .

Miguel where did it all go wrong mush .

Faffing about on 16:53 - Jan 29 with 1421 viewsDr_Winston

Shoring up the share price is also very very important.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Faffing about on 17:13 - Jan 29 with 1378 viewsnyc_swans

"just go and break the bank for Mitrovic Ffs!!"

looks an exciting player but hardly one i'd think the club should be splashing 10-15M on. he's a prospect for a big club. you can't assume every player who comes over from 2nd tier leagues like Bony will produce.

too many examples of these kinds of players not working out for mid-table clubs.
Faffing about on 17:15 - Jan 29 with 1373 viewsLeonisGod

Faffing about on 14:45 - Jan 29 by SwansNZ

Well, if that's our best bet, we're doomed!

Not if we can get him playing on his head apparently - then his ankles will be irrelevant
Faffing about on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 1286 viewsAnotherJohn

Is discussing one of our own players less relevant than daydreams about Aguero? Not convinced you have been keeping up on the ankles. They may well be f**ed, but the recent treatment doesn't confirm that. I mentioned the head because that seems the most popular theory on this forum. It might be more accurate to say 'if we can rekindle commitment and motivation'.
Faffing about on 18:47 - Jan 29 with 1253 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Faffing about on 18:28 - Jan 29 by AnotherJohn

Is discussing one of our own players less relevant than daydreams about Aguero? Not convinced you have been keeping up on the ankles. They may well be f**ed, but the recent treatment doesn't confirm that. I mentioned the head because that seems the most popular theory on this forum. It might be more accurate to say 'if we can rekindle commitment and motivation'.

he's had another operation on his ankle mun.

Faffing about on 19:24 - Jan 29 with 1201 viewsmacthejack

Why are people so scornful of the championship. I don't generally subscribe to the "people only like players with foreign sounding names" line but maybe it is true. If we were being linked with some unheard of fellow from the mid to low reaches of La Liga people would be falling over themselves to say how they've seen this kid for a long time and he's the real deal. When frankly below the top 6-8 teams La Liga is barely a better standard than the championship.

Some of the best Swansea players in recent years have come from the championship or below so let's not get to above or station shall we?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024