Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dyer versus Sunderland 20:38 - Feb 7 with 3633 viewsbargoedjack

Before the game today, I'd been saying how Dyer was lucky that we had only two fully fit wingers, since he'd not be getting any game time otherwise ... and that he looked like he was playing on close to zero confidence ... first half he was much better than previous weeks - looked solid (though not really a threat) and not a liability.

Second half, he was taking people on again, playing up on his toes and demanding the ball - I haven't seen that in AGES ... He was being double-marked but it didn't knock him off his stride ... Montero feeling his way back into the game seemed the weaker link on the wings today for a change ...

Is the Dyer of old on his way back???
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:14 - Feb 7 with 3576 viewsbkjack

I thought he was utter shite
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:20 - Feb 7 with 3556 viewsBobJack

I can't remember Dyer taking on a player. He looked hesitant and their defender had him in his pocket all match.

One run in 2nd half , when he cut into middle of pitch was highlight.

Thought Barrow must have been injured, or would have taken Dyer off.

Montero did more in 10 mins than Dyer did in 90.

just my view, all opinions.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:20 - Feb 7 with 3556 viewsMervyn

when Angel came he looked like his old self again.....some of the abuse i read on here beggars belief
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:21 - Feb 7 with 3551 viewsairedale

I thought he was much better today too. And I thought we'd score when Rangel came on to team up with him.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:42 - Feb 7 with 3495 viewsbargoedjack

Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:20 - Feb 7 by BobJack

I can't remember Dyer taking on a player. He looked hesitant and their defender had him in his pocket all match.

One run in 2nd half , when he cut into middle of pitch was highlight.

Thought Barrow must have been injured, or would have taken Dyer off.

Montero did more in 10 mins than Dyer did in 90.

just my view, all opinions.

Watch tonight's re-run - Sky one would be best ... and you should see. We were in the West near the corner flag so got a good view of him demanding the ball, taking on players etc especially in the second half. All opinions, but it's what I saw from him today.

Today I thought Montero was the one looking hesitant though not surprising coming off a hamstring injury that flared up again before last week's game ...
[Post edited 7 Feb 2015 21:43]
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:44 - Feb 7 with 3486 viewsNeathJack

Back on the right hand side in the 2nd half he was much better than he has been for the last couple of months.

A lively Dyer on the right and a fit Montero on the left and we're really in business.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:53 - Feb 7 with 3463 viewsSwanzay

Lets be honest and as much as I hate to say it, hes been shite in the last few months.
He cant cross and highly predicable, he should not be 1st choice at the moment.
He shite, sorry to be blunt, hes lost his mojo, but for £35000 a week or whatever he aint earning that money!
Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:58 - Feb 7 with 3446 viewsSS2013

Dyer First half - 4/10

Dyer Second Half 8/10

Keep the faith guys, a good player, just a bit low on confidence!

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Login to get fewer ads

Dyer versus Sunderland on 22:01 - Feb 7 with 3434 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

He put in a decent shift, and he's one of those players it's almost impossible to feel animosity towards....but I still feel he should be fined a weeks wages if he ever attempts to shoot from outside the box, and I never EVER expect anything at all to come from a 1-1 with a defender.

...and that's probably not good enough.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Dyer versus Sunderland on 22:05 - Feb 7 with 3419 viewsScoobyWho

Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:20 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

when Angel came he looked like his old self again.....some of the abuse i read on here beggars belief

What abuse has Rangel had ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Dyer versus Sunderland on 22:09 - Feb 7 with 3409 viewsSwanzay

Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:58 - Feb 7 by SS2013

Dyer First half - 4/10

Dyer Second Half 8/10

Keep the faith guys, a good player, just a bit low on confidence!

Keep the faith?

Im sure even I could put a few decent crosses, that more than Dyer has in the last few months.

I hate to bash players, but hes been naff for a while and the money im sure hes earning, he needs his ass kicked!
Dyer versus Sunderland on 22:34 - Feb 7 with 3363 viewsNOTRAC

In the first half he was played on the left wing.
Second half back on the right wing .
When Angel came on he improved considerably .
He has played with Jazz and Tiendalli quite a lot lately.Neither of those players are good at linking with him and he does need a foil to be seen at his best.Angel Rangel gives him that foil and their interlink play made a big difference in the second half.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Dyer versus Sunderland on 23:23 - Feb 7 with 3294 viewsshenleymun

First of all yes he has been rubbish the last few weeks and I have always loved him but I would be putting him fifth if we had five fit wide players (including Emnes).

Defensively he always puts in a shift and that includes the last few weeks but he isn't paid as a defender.

Today he was great, I stand in the east so he was on the far side in both halves and even so I could see the vast improvement. Anyone who thinks he was rubbish today should give up watching football they have truly no idea.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 00:52 - Feb 8 with 3187 viewsUplandsJack

Dyer versus Sunderland on 23:23 - Feb 7 by shenleymun

First of all yes he has been rubbish the last few weeks and I have always loved him but I would be putting him fifth if we had five fit wide players (including Emnes).

Defensively he always puts in a shift and that includes the last few weeks but he isn't paid as a defender.

Today he was great, I stand in the east so he was on the far side in both halves and even so I could see the vast improvement. Anyone who thinks he was rubbish today should give up watching football they have truly no idea.

Sorry mate but I disagree with virtually all of that...Apart from your 1st sentence...
ND was pretty pants again today. Constantly checking on any runs made. Standing too long on the ball. Wrong choices again and again. Gifting the ball far too easy.
He quite honestly has been garbage since our game with S'ton at home ( at the time of talk of England call-up)
As others have said if we had more fit wingers he'd be on the bench.
All that said I do agree he looked a bit better when Rangel came on.... I just hope he can play himself back to something like his early season form .... Because right now he just doesn't deserve his place in the starting line-up... Harsh but honest!!!!
[Post edited 8 Feb 2015 1:00]
Dyer versus Sunderland on 01:02 - Feb 8 with 3165 viewsTaliesin

Nathan was much improved today but has some way to being back to his best - here's hoping he back whipping his mojo before to long. On the other wing Jefferson really would benefit from having the ball played in front of him - the number of times he had to stop his run and then have the ball played to him was staggering
Dyer versus Sunderland on 01:33 - Feb 8 with 3135 viewsTrundle10

Form is temporary - class is permanent
Dyer versus Sunderland on 03:49 - Feb 8 with 3084 viewsbathgatejack

Dyer is absolutely rotten to the core.couldn't beat an egg.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 08:09 - Feb 8 with 3001 viewsWhiterockin

Dyer versus Sunderland on 21:20 - Feb 7 by Mervyn

Competition for places works wonders.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 08:46 - Feb 8 with 2953 viewsGowerjack

Dyer versus Sunderland on 01:02 - Feb 8 by Taliesin

Nathan was much improved today but has some way to being back to his best - here's hoping he back whipping his mojo before to long. On the other wing Jefferson really would benefit from having the ball played in front of him - the number of times he had to stop his run and then have the ball played to him was staggering

Montero didn't attack the space all game.

You would swear that him and Naughton had their bollocks tied together by invisible elastic bands...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Dyer versus Sunderland on 08:51 - Feb 8 with 2939 viewsMattG

Was Dyer better today? Definitely. Started running at the opposition rather than just towards them and even put in a few runs that allowed Rangel in particular to play passes beyond the defender, something we haven't seen for too long.

Was he back to his best? Definitely not but positive signs and if our wide men keep getting injured then we're going to need him.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 08:57 - Feb 8 with 2935 viewsDr_Winston

Dyer versus Sunderland on 08:46 - Feb 8 by Gowerjack

Montero didn't attack the space all game.

You would swear that him and Naughton had their bollocks tied together by invisible elastic bands...

There has been a marked reluctance from most players to attack space all season. Clearly a tactical choice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dyer versus Sunderland on 10:36 - Feb 8 with 2852 viewsjacabertawe

Brief flashes of the old Nate today that I used to love watching, but overall inconsistency. He definitely works better with Rangel.
Sorry, but as much as I hate to say it, he should be got rid of in the summer.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Dyer versus Sunderland on 16:41 - Feb 8 with 2737 viewsYarmouth_Jack

Dyer versus Sunderland on 10:36 - Feb 8 by jacabertawe

Brief flashes of the old Nate today that I used to love watching, but overall inconsistency. He definitely works better with Rangel.
Sorry, but as much as I hate to say it, he should be got rid of in the summer.

I don't know enough about the back room staff but sometimes I wonder if Dyer and Routledge to a lesser extent are suffering from a slight lack of attacking nous in the coaching staff. I think that our wingers or certainly the 3 behind the striker were our most exciting and dangerous players under Laudrup, and would assume (maybe wrongly) that for all the other issues that arose in his time , he could really coach the best out of wingers/attackers and that now perhaps the focus is elsewhere because thats where the strength of coaching knowledge lies.

Like I said, maybe I am unaware of who in the coaching team would form the attacking elements Curt aside and I may be completely wrong but jut wonder if it is why they are not having the impact they used to.
Dyer versus Sunderland on 16:48 - Feb 8 with 2713 viewsPozuelosSideys

Montero did nothing much other than miscontrol the ball into touch a few times and completely ignore the easy inside ball to Shelvey who could have shot.

Dyer was much better second half as the game had opened up and had space. It took him a while to get used to playing the ML way, now hes having to learn to do the opposite and beat a man down the outside again.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024