Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steel yourselves 10:03 - Feb 11 with 1964 viewsspooner

Son-in-law's a Bradford City supporter and has seen a lot of League 1 football this season.
Whilst there is a different approach required to not only survive, but get ahead in the third flight, there are also teams who build a squad which can not only slug it out, but work on the basic principles of the game; creating space for and supporting those on the ball, working hard to track back and defend without it; simple pass and move phases, letting the ball do the majority of the work; no-nonsense defending, row Z rather than dithering; route 1 stuff with big, strong strikers who are prepared to shoot on sight.
They also have chairmen and owners who are prepared to invest in the future of the teams for whom they have a genuine passion.
I sincerely hope Lee Clark isn't pinning his hopes on the youngsters and cast-offs he's acquired at Blackpool to, not only mount a challenge to bounce straight back, but merely survive in League 1, as I fear we will be in for yet another heart breaking campaign.
A bad pitch will not help us in League2, either
Steel yourselves on 12:11 - Feb 11 with 1901 viewsscratchingshed

Probably get slated for this but never mind.

Seriously think were heading for a double relegation this season and next season, if Clark stays and obviously the Oystons are still here then its more than a possibility given the clubs inner structure, players wages, pitch, Training ground, indeed any total lack of any expenditure, etc etc.

Premier league to league 2 in what will be 6 years? Jesus that takes some beating.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 12:14]
Steel yourselves on 13:14 - Feb 11 with 1868 viewsWizaard

Steel yourselves on 12:11 - Feb 11 by scratchingshed

Probably get slated for this but never mind.

Seriously think were heading for a double relegation this season and next season, if Clark stays and obviously the Oystons are still here then its more than a possibility given the clubs inner structure, players wages, pitch, Training ground, indeed any total lack of any expenditure, etc etc.

Premier league to league 2 in what will be 6 years? Jesus that takes some beating.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2015 12:14]

It's been done before. Northampton Town went from Fourth to First and back down again in nine years.
Steel yourselves on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 1809 views20togo

Steel yourselves on 13:14 - Feb 11 by Wizaard

It's been done before. Northampton Town went from Fourth to First and back down again in nine years.

shed

not sure it matters who is in charge. If there is no reasonable investment -an there won't be - then yes I'm with you, I think this time next season we'll be heading to L2.r
Steel yourselves on 08:05 - Feb 12 with 1723 viewsolneyseasider

Steel yourselves on 16:02 - Feb 11 by 20togo

shed

not sure it matters who is in charge. If there is no reasonable investment -an there won't be - then yes I'm with you, I think this time next season we'll be heading to L2.r

A very real scenario.

In football, as in business, you have to invest in order to be successful.

KO just doesn't get that. For him it's all about avoiding spending and going for the cheapest option when he can't avoid spending. His priority is protecting his inheritance, not BFC. Couple that with the fall off in revenue that's inevitable after relegation, and .......... well you can see why many might regard L2 as inevitable.
Steel yourselves on 16:58 - Feb 12 with 1670 viewsbfcpete

Steel yourselves on 08:05 - Feb 12 by olneyseasider

A very real scenario.

In football, as in business, you have to invest in order to be successful.

KO just doesn't get that. For him it's all about avoiding spending and going for the cheapest option when he can't avoid spending. His priority is protecting his inheritance, not BFC. Couple that with the fall off in revenue that's inevitable after relegation, and .......... well you can see why many might regard L2 as inevitable.

Our successful promotion sides had a core team built over 2 or 3 seasons, had a couple of quality players, had terrific team spirit that produced more than the sum of the parts and had managers who encouraged a passing game with a desire to attack with confidence and win.
For the last couple of seasons we have had waifs and strays who don't know each other and don't play as a team and managers who don't inspire. With the Oystons in charge we will not improve because all decent players and managers now know what they are like and they will avoid us at all costs
Steel yourselves on 17:30 - Feb 12 with 1659 viewsstraightatthewall

Steel yourselves on 16:58 - Feb 12 by bfcpete

Our successful promotion sides had a core team built over 2 or 3 seasons, had a couple of quality players, had terrific team spirit that produced more than the sum of the parts and had managers who encouraged a passing game with a desire to attack with confidence and win.
For the last couple of seasons we have had waifs and strays who don't know each other and don't play as a team and managers who don't inspire. With the Oystons in charge we will not improve because all decent players and managers now know what they are like and they will avoid us at all costs

pete,

that's as simple and concise as I've ever heard anyone explain the basic crux of the problem.

Kudos to you sir.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024