Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread 22:17 - Feb 20 with 23428 viewsjackharris

'He could have been Killed, he could have been killed!' 'RVP could now have been RIP!'

'Thor' Battles the Red Devils Once More for Supremacy!

With his side kick Bruce Ki

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Feb 20 with 9640 viewsJackfath

I'm going for a 1-1.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:30 - Feb 20 with 9621 viewsEdmundo

Cummon city, investors ' sorry', not investors, 'share buyers' have fecked off for now. Lets do this for the fans and the club, we all stand together ☝
Get behind the team for 90 minutes and forget about all the other shit going on!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:31 - Feb 20 with 9617 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:30 - Feb 20 by Edmundo

Cummon city, investors ' sorry', not investors, 'share buyers' have fecked off for now. Lets do this for the fans and the club, we all stand together ☝
Get behind the team for 90 minutes and forget about all the other shit going on!

Good post. Let's be the extra man tomorrow.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Feb 20 with 9610 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Feb 20 by Jackfath

I'm going for a 1-1.

Me too. I've even gone for Gomis to score

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 22:49 - Feb 20 with 9585 viewsbuilthjack

2-0 Swans

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 23:46 - Feb 20 with 9551 viewsairedale

2 - 2, Sumbler to sore the equaliser in the 89th minute.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 23:54 - Feb 20 with 9540 viewsJethroJack

2-1 or 2-2...had a little flutter on each
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 06:45 - Feb 21 with 9429 viewsSwansNZ

I assume all players are available, except Bartley and Barrow?

Starting XI I would guess...
Fab
Kyle Fernandez Ash Taylor
Ki Cork
Routs Gylfi Montero
Gomis

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 06:57 - Feb 21 with 9424 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 06:45 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

I assume all players are available, except Bartley and Barrow?

Starting XI I would guess...
Fab
Kyle Fernandez Ash Taylor
Ki Cork
Routs Gylfi Montero
Gomis

Can't see why that side can't get a respectable result.

I'll go with a 2-2 draw. A win maybe too much to ask today.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 07:36 - Feb 21 with 9410 viewsbuilthjack

Excited for today, I am certain we will do them

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 07:45 - Feb 21 with 9403 viewsorion3016

I worry about us if we go behind today, I hope I'm wrong

Be over there now after

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 08:28 - Feb 21 with 9360 viewsDr_Winston

Hope that Monk follows through on what he's been saying in the paper this week. I'm not optimistic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 09:21 - Feb 21 with 9313 viewsDanielswan

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 08:28 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Hope that Monk follows through on what he's been saying in the paper this week. I'm not optimistic.

Hmmm, what did Monk say?

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 10:53 - Feb 21 with 9219 viewsdameedna

"We want to concentrate on what we do best as unless we're at our best level it doesn't matter what the other team does because you're not giving yourself a chance."

Swansea go into the game having won only one of their last seven in the league and on the back of a 2-0 defeat at West Brom.

Monk withdrew Jonjo Shelvey just after the hour-mark at The Hawthorns and the England midfielder was clearly disappointed as he left the field.

That evening Shelvey's former pop starlet fiancee Daisy Evans took to Twitter to suggest Monk did not know what he was doing, but the Swansea manager insists he has no problem with a player he has previously criticised in public this season.

"No player wants to come off, Jonjo is passionate and I spoke to him afterwards," Monk said.

"He understood the situation and there are no problems between us."
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 13:38 - Feb 21 with 8958 viewsAl_Bundy

0-2 sadly

Can't see us scoring and we will get picked off.

Hopefully not !
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 8854 viewssomersetsimon

Swansea XI: Fabianski - Naughton, Fernández, Williams, Taylor - Ki, Cork - Sigurdsson, Shelvey, Routledge - Gomis

Interesting....

Gylfi or Shelvey out wide or are we going narrow today?
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:14 - Feb 21 with 8796 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:07 - Feb 21 by somersetsimon

Swansea XI: Fabianski - Naughton, Fernández, Williams, Taylor - Ki, Cork - Sigurdsson, Shelvey, Routledge - Gomis

Interesting....

Gylfi or Shelvey out wide or are we going narrow today?

Here's the answer - from the BBC website:

"Swansea City manager Garry Monk has sprung a surprise by switching to a new diamond midfield formation, making two changes from the 2-0 defeat to West Brom. Midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson returns from suspension in place of Jefferson Montero while Wayne Routledge comes in for Nathan Dyer and will sit just behind striker Bafetimbi Gomis."

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:18 - Feb 21 with 8765 viewsBalhamSwan

Swansea XI: Fabianski, Naughton, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor, Cork, Shelvey, Ki, Sigurdsson, Routledge, Gomis
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:20 - Feb 21 with 8739 viewsBig_Phil

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:14 - Feb 21 by somersetsimon

Here's the answer - from the BBC website:

"Swansea City manager Garry Monk has sprung a surprise by switching to a new diamond midfield formation, making two changes from the 2-0 defeat to West Brom. Midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson returns from suspension in place of Jefferson Montero while Wayne Routledge comes in for Nathan Dyer and will sit just behind striker Bafetimbi Gomis."

Given how bad our wing play has been recently this could be a tactical master-stroke. On the other hand I'm sure the Anti-Monl brigade will be out in force if it goes pete tong....

Personally I think he had to try something given our lack of attacking options over past few games

We'll see....
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:28 - Feb 21 with 8689 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:20 - Feb 21 by Big_Phil

Given how bad our wing play has been recently this could be a tactical master-stroke. On the other hand I'm sure the Anti-Monl brigade will be out in force if it goes pete tong....

Personally I think he had to try something given our lack of attacking options over past few games

We'll see....

I wonder if the BBC actually knows about this new formation because someone in the club told them, or they are they just guessing?
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:37 - Feb 21 with 8625 viewsAl_Bundy

Surprised Montero is dropped to be honest.
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:45 - Feb 21 with 8570 viewsApeShit

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 14:20 - Feb 21 by Big_Phil

We'll see....

Nothing wrong with trying a new formation, I wouldn't of done it against Man Utd myself but lets wait and see :)
The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Feb 21 with 8431 viewsepaul

oooooof close confidence booster for Baffa

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Feb 21 with 8383 viewsBloodyhills

Hopefully Gomis will score soon!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Official Swansea City v Manchester United Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Feb 21 with 8365 viewsZut_Alors

Bit worried about our right side. We've got one of the world's best left sided players in lots of space.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024