Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Council 18:32 - Feb 21 with 22046 viewstwotimejack

Absolute c*nts, booked every car on the grass verge along where fords is.
Provide adequate parking for 20k fans and people wouldn't park there, i only hope someone caught the warden and gave him a kicking.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Swansea City Council on 18:58 - Feb 21 with 12330 viewsHighjack

Yes, violence would certainly be the correct course of action.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swansea City Council on 19:03 - Feb 21 with 12302 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They are skint mun

They will be selling the stadium next you watch

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swansea City Council on 19:03 - Feb 21 with 12302 viewsLeonisGod

Were they part on the pavement? If not they'll tend to leave you alone. Swansea's the worse place in the UK for tickets, so people should be wise to this now. Still officious tw@ts though.
Swansea City Council on 19:15 - Feb 21 with 12248 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:03 - Feb 21 by LeonisGod

Were they part on the pavement? If not they'll tend to leave you alone. Swansea's the worse place in the UK for tickets, so people should be wise to this now. Still officious tw@ts though.

No. We were parked on the grass, in the same place we have for the last 3-4 years.
No warning that this type of parking was unacceptable.
Just 100 tickets (roughly) handed out in quick succession.
Nice work if you can get it
Swansea City Council on 19:17 - Feb 21 with 12236 viewsJohnw102

Pity they didn't go to Neath Road Pick-Up spares where a Police carrier was parked across the exit preventing cars leaving at end of the game!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City Council on 19:18 - Feb 21 with 12235 viewscwrw

Warden must have been a Man Ure fan who had found out they were 2-1 down
Swansea City Council on 19:24 - Feb 21 with 12210 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City Council on 19:15 - Feb 21 by jacksinceever

No. We were parked on the grass, in the same place we have for the last 3-4 years.
No warning that this type of parking was unacceptable.
Just 100 tickets (roughly) handed out in quick succession.
Nice work if you can get it

In that case I agree with your OP. Easy money innit? There's also a mobile camera going round now. One wheel on yellow lines or residents area is enough to trigger a ticket now. The days of discretion are gone unfortunately.
Swansea City Council on 19:28 - Feb 21 with 12190 viewsjack247

The road infrastructure there is geared to us being a league one/two team with 10-12k fans. While technically you can understand them booking people for parking illegally, a common sense approach would be to turn a blind eye unless cars are causing an obstruction. Even better than that, sort out adequate parking facilities and people wouldn't have to do it. I don't think the council realise just how beneficial a Premier League football club is to them
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Council on 19:31 - Feb 21 with 12177 viewsjacksinceever

Mine says " Served by CEO # 153.
Reason 01 - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours "
As there are no signs, lines, etc, then I cannot understand how this is enforceable.
I shall update you after I call the PCN Department at Swansea City Council on Monday
Swansea City Council on 19:34 - Feb 21 with 12172 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:31 - Feb 21 by jacksinceever

As there are no signs, lines, etc, then I cannot understand how this is enforceable.
I shall update you after I call the PCN Department at Swansea City Council on Monday

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/travel-transport-and-r
Mentions nothing about parking on the grass verge?
Swansea City Council on 19:37 - Feb 21 with 12152 viewsjacksinceever

In your appeal include all the text below in the same format. It is based on the traffic order here.

The alleged contravention did not occur. The traffic regulation order fails to define what a “restricted street” is and it does not prescribe that it is a contravention to park in a restricted street during prescribed hours.

Contravention code 01 was originally devised by the London Councils and reflected the fact that London council’s traffic orders made specific reference as to what is to be considered “restricted street”. This can be seen in the example below (for reference, Schedule 1 concerned No Waiting restrictions);

“restricted street” means any street within the London Borough of Lewisham specified in Schedule 1 (hereinafter referred to as a “scheduled street”) and includes, except where the context otherwise requires, so much of every other street within that London borough which is not a scheduled street or a street specified in Schedule 4 and which joins any scheduled street as lies between the kerb line of the scheduled street and a point 18.29 metres distant therefrom and any reference in this order to any restricted street shall be construed accordingly, provided that the expression “restricted street” shall not for the purposes of this order include—

(a) any area on a highway or any place within the London Borough of Lewisham for the time being designated or described as a parking place by any order made or having effect as if made under section 6 or section 45 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;

(b) in its application to a street specified in column (2) of Schedule 5, that length of street which extends 18.29 metres measured in the direction specified in column (3) of that schedule from the kerb line of the scheduled street specified in column (4) of that schedule, and in this definition the expression “kerb line” in relation to a scheduled street shall mean that imaginary line which is the projection of the line formed by the edge of the main carriageway of the scheduled street adjacent to its junction with the side in question of any other street;

© any length of street designated as red route;

The London boroughs would not go to the trouble of taking great care to specifically define what is a “restricted street” if it served no purpose and was unnecessary. Without a traffic order defining “restricted street” then it is reasonable to apply common language. The commonplace definition of “restricted” is thus; “place limits on, confine, restrain”. Therefore, in essence, the PCN informed me that I parked in a street during hours that the street is subject to parking restraints. It does not however inform me of how the vehicle contravened a particular parking restraint or even what parking restraint was contravened. It is highly important to note that not all parking restrictions prohibit parking (eg: parking place restrictions) and so parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours is not a contravention by default since it can be lawful. It is only a contravention if the traffic order is drafted correctly in the manner exampled above.

The council may be using the standard contravention codes but it should be remembered that these contravention codes have no statutory authority and cannot be relied upon as a defence as made clear in the key adjudication case between Metrick v Camden (Case no 207034396A).

I find the ground of “parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours” to be unsupported as a parking contravention prescribed by the traffic order and consequently the ground is ineffective in conveying what I allegedly did wrong and as such it does not satisfy paragraph 1(e) contained within the Schedule to “The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007 and the penalty charge should be cancelled forthwith rather than drag this matter to adjudication.
Possible grounds for an appeal as the CEO has been too hasty and cited the wrong infringement ?
Swansea City Council on 19:41 - Feb 21 with 12134 viewsacejack3065

Any room for an appeal then?

Also there's a ticket producing van?
Swansea City Council on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 12126 viewsjacksinceever

http://www.swansea.gov.uk/parkingenforcement
According to this only the Police can issue tickets for such an infringment.
CEO's do not have it within their remit
Swansea City Council on 19:44 - Feb 21 with 12111 viewsJackfath

Where were the cars parked?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 with 12101 viewsPacemaker

The offence committed by you is actually "driving elsewhere other than a road" you cannot drive over a pavement to park on a grass verge.

That is not the offence you have been booked for so you should win any appeal. You can only cross a pavement to park in a parking spot ie your drive or a car park.

Of course they could withdraw the one ticket and issue a correct one.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/34
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 19:51]

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 with 12096 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:44 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Where were the cars parked?

About 100 cars parked on grass verge from corner by Indoor Bowling Club all the way up to Days, Beaufort Rd., Plasmarl
Swansea City Council on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 12082 viewsJackfath

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 by jacksinceever

About 100 cars parked on grass verge from corner by Indoor Bowling Club all the way up to Days, Beaufort Rd., Plasmarl

Right next to the bike path?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea City Council on 19:49 - Feb 21 with 12085 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 by Pacemaker

The offence committed by you is actually "driving elsewhere other than a road" you cannot drive over a pavement to park on a grass verge.

That is not the offence you have been booked for so you should win any appeal. You can only cross a pavement to park in a parking spot ie your drive or a car park.

Would they reissue every single ticket though if everyone appealed ?
Swansea City Council on 19:51 - Feb 21 with 12076 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:49 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Right next to the bike path?

No across the road parked adjacent to Howdens, Days, etc
Swansea City Council on 19:57 - Feb 21 with 12027 viewsPacemaker

Swansea City Council on 19:49 - Feb 21 by jacksinceever

Would they reissue every single ticket though if everyone appealed ?

Technically they could ,but whether they would is unlikely, but times are hard in local authorities and they may well do that. Bottom line is I would think is that by appealing the ticket you highlight the offence you have committed.

Worth appealing, try ringing first to see what the party line is.

If they are accepting they have given you the wrong offence and will withdraw then your on a winner if they seem up for a fight probably not worth fighting and get the discount for early payment.

Obviously goes without saying stay polite and calm on the phone, offering one out or threats is likely to result in a bit more of a fine.

Swansea City Council on 20:00 - Feb 21 with 12018 viewsKennedy

Me and mate mate got done too.

Everyone was looking around shocked. Been there for 5 years with no issues at all. People parking there for 8+ years they were telling us.

Same reason as above with the OP.

They waited till 15:07 to hit us.

And they been down there before as when you come off the river path by new training centre, there are always cars parked on the pavements across the road from it and seen a few of those been done over the years. So its not like they only just realised what is going on.

See video here of it

[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 20:03]

Just call me JFK

Swansea City Council on 20:01 - Feb 21 with 12009 viewsNeath_Jack

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 by Pacemaker

I was listening to two policemen explaining to a driver why they couldn't let him park on a verge near to the stadium, the prospective parker was remonstrating that there were cars already parked there, so why couldn't he. They explained that he was not permitted to drive over the pavement to reach the grassed area. So then the chap wanted to know why they weren't ticketing those cars that were parked there, they told him that because they hadn't seen them drive across the pavement they couldn't do anything, even though it was obvious that they had driven over the pavement as there was no other way they could have got there (other than lifted in by a hiab etc). Is that right?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 20:09]

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swansea City Council on 20:03 - Feb 21 with 12008 viewsjacksinceever

Swansea City Council on 19:57 - Feb 21 by Pacemaker

Technically they could ,but whether they would is unlikely, but times are hard in local authorities and they may well do that. Bottom line is I would think is that by appealing the ticket you highlight the offence you have committed.

Worth appealing, try ringing first to see what the party line is.

If they are accepting they have given you the wrong offence and will withdraw then your on a winner if they seem up for a fight probably not worth fighting and get the discount for early payment.

Obviously goes without saying stay polite and calm on the phone, offering one out or threats is likely to result in a bit more of a fine.

Indeed. Diplomacy is the key word.
One thing's for sure - I won't be voting for them in the next local elections !
Shame I live in Neath Port Talbot .....
Swansea City Council on 20:10 - Feb 21 with 11972 viewsPacemaker

Swansea City Council on 20:01 - Feb 21 by Neath_Jack

I was listening to two policemen explaining to a driver why they couldn't let him park on a verge near to the stadium, the prospective parker was remonstrating that there were cars already parked there, so why couldn't he. They explained that he was not permitted to drive over the pavement to reach the grassed area. So then the chap wanted to know why they weren't ticketing those cars that were parked there, they told him that because they hadn't seen them drive across the pavement they couldn't do anything, even though it was obvious that they had driven over the pavement as there was no other way they could have got there (other than lifted in by a hiab etc). Is that right?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 20:09]

That is correct, the difference with the OP is that he would be admitting driving there so self incriminating. I am not actually sure if CEO (civil enforcement officer) have the power to book for that offence I am pretty sure it is police only.

Basically he has been sent out to do people parking in restricted streets (offence 1 ) and has decided to do everyone parked on the verge.

Swansea City Council on 20:32 - Feb 21 with 11913 viewsNeathJack

Same here. I don't believe that the Traffic Order extends to the grass verge and will be asking for evidence that it does in my appeal.

Either way it absolutely stinks to high heaven as I've parked there for the last 3 1/2 years without one problem or warning.

The certainly won't be getting the cash off me without a fight. I wonder if the Evening Post would be interested?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024