Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? 18:19 - Feb 24 with 14669 viewsJackSwanTV

Issue #34 of the best magazine in Swansea; Jack Swan. Please share with the world.

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue34

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 1678 viewsSwansNZ

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 by Jackfath

Do people come on Planet Swans to make friends?

of course

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:17 - Feb 24 with 1672 viewsSwansNZ

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

My head is the size of a house right now. We all thinking that the future of swans fans in America rests on my shoulders? That jack swan magazine has the power to greatly increase or decrease our popularity on the other side of the Atlantic?

I'm seriously chuffed. Thank you all!

I seriously doubt many have gone past the front cover.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:20 - Feb 24 with 1656 viewsJonathans_coat

Isn't all this "outrage" a bit pathetic? It's a picture of a burning flag ffs! I've seen this image hundreds of times on the front of national newspapers and not been in the least bit offended! To think the same people were probably defending Charlie Hebdo and their much more offensive front pages last month! I agree that it is an inflammatory image (no pun intended), but anyone offended need to get some perspective. He hasn't beheaded anyone ffs!
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:22 - Feb 24 with 1647 viewsmorningstar

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:17 - Feb 24 by SwansNZ

I seriously doubt many have gone past the front cover.

is correct.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:23 - Feb 24 with 1634 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:20 - Feb 24 by Jonathans_coat

Isn't all this "outrage" a bit pathetic? It's a picture of a burning flag ffs! I've seen this image hundreds of times on the front of national newspapers and not been in the least bit offended! To think the same people were probably defending Charlie Hebdo and their much more offensive front pages last month! I agree that it is an inflammatory image (no pun intended), but anyone offended need to get some perspective. He hasn't beheaded anyone ffs!

I like him!

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 1630 viewsBanosswan

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

My head is the size of a house right now. We all thinking that the future of swans fans in America rests on my shoulders? That jack swan magazine has the power to greatly increase or decrease our popularity on the other side of the Atlantic?

I'm seriously chuffed. Thank you all!

I just find it funny that when your little mag was in its infancy, you came on here and were made fun of for your illiteracy among other things. You stuck with it and to your credit, you've made it in to something that people are aware of and (some) enjoy.

Don't think you can make controversial statements and not completely lose all you've built up.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:24 - Feb 24 with 1628 viewsSwansNZ

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:20 - Feb 24 by Jonathans_coat

" He hasn't beheaded anyone ffs" - you've just given him an idea for next month

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 1609 viewsswan_si

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:23 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

I like him!

you're probably jacking him off as he's tapping away on the keyboard.

Login to get fewer ads

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:28 - Feb 24 with 1607 viewsJackfath

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:28 - Feb 24 by swan_si

you're probably jacking him off as he's tapping away on the keyboard.

There's coming on here to make friends but that's taking it a bit far.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:29 - Feb 24 with 1607 viewsJonathans_coat

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:24 - Feb 24 by SwansNZ

" He hasn't beheaded anyone ffs" - you've just given him an idea for next month

The ISIS special is it? Lol! Why, is Al Baghdady looking to buy some shares?
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:30 - Feb 24 with 1599 viewsmorningstar

You do realise he asked for opinions don't you?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:31 - Feb 24 with 1599 viewsBobJack

Burning the flag of any country is usually controversial, so yes.

If you ever show a Welsh flag burning, then to me it is likely to be controversial and probably offensive, depending on the context it was done.

You have done it for a reaction , got one, so live with it.

e

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:33 - Feb 24 with 1586 viewsswan_si

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:28 - Feb 24 by Jackfath

i didn't say he was taking it.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:34 - Feb 24 with 1580 viewsJonathans_coat

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:30 - Feb 24 by morningstar

You do realise he asked for opinions don't you?

And the some of the overreactions are hilaaaaaaaaaaarious!
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:38 - Feb 24 with 1565 viewsJonathans_coat

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:28 - Feb 24 by Jackfath

If he was coming on here to make friends, it doesn't look to have gone very well does it!
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 1559 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:24 - Feb 24 by Banosswan

I just find it funny that when your little mag was in its infancy, you came on here and were made fun of for your illiteracy among other things. You stuck with it and to your credit, you've made it in to something that people are aware of and (some) enjoy.

Don't think you can make controversial statements and not completely lose all you've built up.

Genuinely appreciate those words. Reality is that what has made jack swan different from others is that we have been controversial and pushed boundaries. As you all know, I can't write for shit and Darran may not but many like the magazine because it is different. Because we print jokes that's on the border line.

This cover is a dig at how unwelcoming we are. Not a dig at the USA. I don't care where any investment comes from yet the uproar about foreigners coming in was insane. We already have foreign members of our board, it's irrelevant. People were against this deal before anyone knew jack shit just because they were yanks. That's what the cover is about! The fact that everyone assumed it was in some way anti-American kind of backs up my point I think. The words "I think they got the hint" is just that: not welcome. But not by me.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:40 - Feb 24 with 1553 viewsPozuelosSideys

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:37 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

Oooooo wasn't expecting such interest. Its always lovely to hear from you all :)

First thing first, I didn't burn the flag, that would take going to some lengths. I assume the picture was taken by some terrorist in the Middle East, I paid no royalty to that terrorist before someone starts slating me for financially backing ISIS.

You read what you like into the cover. I always try and make the cover eye catching and something which will make people who haven't seen the magazine before look at it and ideally pick it up.

You seem to all think that the cover is some dig at the United States. It isn't.

Must admit that a pet hate of mine is people who are 'offended' on behalf of someone. If anyone is genuinely offended then please allow me to explain :) If not F"ck off :)

You're a clown.

I also hate the fact that people 'choose' to be offended by things. There is too much of it. But you are representing the Club and the City and the Club i follow. Therefore you are offending me by offering the World that this is our view. It is NOT mine and is NOT that of the majority of our supporters.

We are a Global business you muppet. Keep trying to wriggle out of it with your excuses, but that is an absolutely awful show of disrespect to the Club and your fellow supporters. I certainly wont be touching that rag, and i can assure you that youll be losing an awfullot of advertising revenue if those businesses see it. They wont want any of that.

Clown.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:41 - Feb 24 with 1552 viewsmorningstar

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:34 - Feb 24 by Jonathans_coat

And the some of the overreactions are hilaaaaaaaaaaarious!

Including yours when you bring Carlie Hebdo into it!

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:45 - Feb 24 with 1529 viewslondonlisa2001

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:40 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

Genuinely appreciate those words. Reality is that what has made jack swan different from others is that we have been controversial and pushed boundaries. As you all know, I can't write for shit and Darran may not but many like the magazine because it is different. Because we print jokes that's on the border line.

This cover is a dig at how unwelcoming we are. Not a dig at the USA. I don't care where any investment comes from yet the uproar about foreigners coming in was insane. We already have foreign members of our board, it's irrelevant. People were against this deal before anyone knew jack shit just because they were yanks. That's what the cover is about! The fact that everyone assumed it was in some way anti-American kind of backs up my point I think. The words "I think they got the hint" is just that: not welcome. But not by me.

If you don't mind me saying so, I think you completely missed the point of the anti investment feeling. It was very very little to do with the nationality of the people involved and everything to do with the intentions of those people and, for that matter, the intentions of the (largely local) people that were planning on selling to them.

Perhaps that mischaracterisation is why your 'ironic' cover is being misunderstood?
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:46 - Feb 24 with 1528 viewsJonathans_coat

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:41 - Feb 24 by morningstar

Including yours when you bring Carlie Hebdo into it!

Nothing about the murder of 12 innocent people is funny.........I'm horribly offended by this.

(Oh the irony of it all!)
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:50 - Feb 24 with 1505 viewsJoeSoccerFan

As a yank, don't really care.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:52 - Feb 24 with 1497 viewsJonathans_coat

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:45 - Feb 24 by londonlisa2001

If you don't mind me saying so, I think you completely missed the point of the anti investment feeling. It was very very little to do with the nationality of the people involved and everything to do with the intentions of those people and, for that matter, the intentions of the (largely local) people that were planning on selling to them.

Perhaps that mischaracterisation is why your 'ironic' cover is being misunderstood?

I think jackswan makes an interesting point, but you are spot on here. We are incredibly wary of ANYONE who wants to "invest" in our club as we have been burned before. Personally I think if it ain't broke, don't fix it. We have been very successful with our current setup and I would like the club to continue with its current model. But some may argue that we have all become afraid of change!
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:54 - Feb 24 with 1492 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:45 - Feb 24 by londonlisa2001

I don't think that's true. As soon as there was rumoured to be foreign investment there was a feeling of unease. Before anything. People were talking about Vincent tan and how we will be like them just because they were foreign. This is going back months that has been the feeling by huge sections of fans. I couldn't care less where our board are from

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:56 - Feb 24 with 1481 viewstarka

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:40 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

Good point

Perhaps a picture of the other Shareholders holding fistfulls of cash whilst pushing the infant Trust downriver in a Moses basket

Caption to read "Souls for Sale"
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:59 - Feb 24 with 1471 viewsmorningstar

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:46 - Feb 24 by Jonathans_coat

Nothing about the murder of 12 innocent people is funny.........I'm horribly offended by this.

(Oh the irony of it all!)

I'm laughing at you, not the murders. Obviously you fail too comprehend that comparing peoples dislike to a picture on the front of a swans fanzine, cannot in anyway be connected to their opinions on an act of terrorism resulting in the deaths of 12 innocent people.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024