Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've hit 40 points 00:24 - Mar 1 with 2387 viewsTNT

We've hit 40 points.

What are your aspirations for the remainder of the season?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 0:58]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

TNT on 00:28 - Mar 1 with 1671 viewsTNT

P.S. Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus I Bawb!

TNT on 00:31 - Mar 1 with 1671 viewsBLAZE

Break 50 points and / or secure 8th place

If not them, then finish above media darlings West Ham
TNT on 00:37 - Mar 1 with 1665 viewsBLAZE

Positive goal difference would be nice too
TNT on 00:39 - Mar 1 with 1663 viewsTNT

TNT on 00:31 - Mar 1 by BLAZE

Break 50 points and / or secure 8th place

If not them, then finish above media darlings West Ham

Let's do it!

Our league position may plateau if management chooses to nurture players for the future, but our support must remain unstinting.

We've hit 40 points on 09:04 - Mar 1 with 1533 viewsverisimilitude

Breathtaking football
We've hit 40 points on 09:05 - Mar 1 with 1530 viewsexiledclaseboy

Catching Southampton would be nice, although probably not going to happen.

Poll: Tory leader

We've hit 40 points on 09:15 - Mar 1 with 1507 viewshydraulicjack

33 points from the next 11 games would be nice

********************TRUST NO-ONE************************

We've hit 40 points on 09:37 - Mar 1 with 1464 viewslonglostjack

To finish above Spurs and Southampton

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

We've hit 40 points on 10:00 - Mar 1 with 1435 viewsJackofdreambeach

great evolution of our club...seen the away games at York and Kidderminster
and the Tosh/harry Griffiths era.

Happy days.

Continuous improvement looks the motto now.

Let's see us push for top eight now 40 points are in the bag.

I would like us to purchase Liberty outright.

Get a known brand (in addition to major sponsors) to sponsor the stadium
The 'is there or isn't there outside investors' hasn't helped momentum on ground expansion. The first phase 6000 seats will hopefully be ambitiously introduced in a futuristic design soon.

Now that the Stuttgart lads have been linked....it would be a big let down if they didn't sign. So that deal will hopefully be nailed down.

Spurs will be tough but a consistent run in is important now and that belief is there.
We've hit 40 points on 11:54 - Mar 1 with 1344 viewsjack247

I'm torn between going all out to try and scrape into the Europa league and giving players like Gorre, Grimes and Barrow a bit of game time. Would also be nice to see if we can find a way of getting the best out of Gomis (i.e. formation last 2 games) or if we can't, working out what to do with him in the summer.

Heart says Europa league push, head is swaying me towards building for next season, particularly as we are in a bit of a transitional period at the moment.
We've hit 40 points on 12:13 - Mar 1 with 1324 viewsPrivate_Partz

We've hit 40 points on 11:54 - Mar 1 by jack247

I'm torn between going all out to try and scrape into the Europa league and giving players like Gorre, Grimes and Barrow a bit of game time. Would also be nice to see if we can find a way of getting the best out of Gomis (i.e. formation last 2 games) or if we can't, working out what to do with him in the summer.

Heart says Europa league push, head is swaying me towards building for next season, particularly as we are in a bit of a transitional period at the moment.

It is Europe for me. It will become pretty obvious very quickly if we are failing to hit that target as it is a tall order. That will leave us plenty of time to try some new things ready for next season should that be the case.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:14]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We've hit 40 points on 12:54 - Mar 1 with 1283 viewsGixerJack

Top 6 finish. Challenging but achievable.
We've hit 40 points on 13:35 - Mar 1 with 1255 views1973scott

This 40 points target is a nonsense target. So what happens after 40?

I recall huw jenkins saying in an interview that the board do not set a target of 40 points, this is the fans target its nonsense
We've hit 40 points on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 1251 viewsjack247

We've hit 40 points on 12:13 - Mar 1 by Private_Partz

It is Europe for me. It will become pretty obvious very quickly if we are failing to hit that target as it is a tall order. That will leave us plenty of time to try some new things ready for next season should that be the case.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 12:14]

On reflection, I agree with this. Another trip to Europe would be great. We would need to add a bit of depth in some areas though
[Post edited 1 Mar 2015 13:38]
We've hit 40 points on 13:43 - Mar 1 with 1240 views1973scott

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."
We've hit 40 points on 13:50 - Mar 1 with 1221 viewsImAlrightJack

Will be enjoying the run-in towards the end of the season, while knowing that we WILL get many more points and ourselves in good stead for the start of next season :).

Will deffo renew my JA account tomorrow so I can get Arsenal away tickets as well as Palace. Will be my first games of the season.
We've hit 40 points on 13:51 - Mar 1 with 1217 viewsjack247

We've hit 40 points on 13:43 - Mar 1 by 1973scott

"When I hear some of our players and staff talking [about getting to 40 points] now it really upsets me that they can actually think like that, because you are more or less conceding a third of the games you play in before you start. I find that the hardest thing to take, that we have actually got staff and players that struggle at this point in time to see where we can compete. And that's the biggest challenge I've got, to make sure that turns around and that everybody working with the club believes if we keep doing things differently, we can compete, irrespective of the size of the club or budgets."

Whatever Huw Jenkins says publicly, the first target at the start of the season is survival. Whether you put a points tally on that is immaterial.

Obviously goals and expectations change during the course of the season. I think what he is getting at is that although survival is the main aim, we can't ease off when we achieve it.

I don't know when that quote was from, but it would have had a different meaning in August and January.
We've hit 40 points on 14:57 - Mar 1 with 1187 views1973scott

We've hit 40 points on 13:51 - Mar 1 by jack247

Whatever Huw Jenkins says publicly, the first target at the start of the season is survival. Whether you put a points tally on that is immaterial.

Obviously goals and expectations change during the course of the season. I think what he is getting at is that although survival is the main aim, we can't ease off when we achieve it.

I don't know when that quote was from, but it would have had a different meaning in August and January.

I disagree why should it be survival that would be an objective for a newly promoted side not SCFC

The aim of the board is for SCFC to finish as high as possible it's not about survival

Quote was November 2013

Check out my other post
We've hit 40 points on 15:08 - Mar 1 with 1171 viewsPrivate_Partz

We've hit 40 points on 14:57 - Mar 1 by 1973scott

I disagree why should it be survival that would be an objective for a newly promoted side not SCFC

The aim of the board is for SCFC to finish as high as possible it's not about survival

Quote was November 2013

Check out my other post

I think we are in a position to now start looking at ourselves as an established Premier League side. Our run in to the end if the season will be telling. If we can finish in the top 8 then we should have no reason to be fearful next season. The only way we are ever going to regularly be Champions league contenders is if we get a Monaco style investment whereby the sugar addy has so much cash to chuck around he is just in it for the fun. Those looking to profit must be treated with suspicion.
On the other hand there is no reason why we cannot try as one off by keeping ourselves in contention. Also cup runs must be taken more seriously and not as an outlet to give fringe players a game. These are big opportunities to get into Europe.
In summary - a good end to the season and we should be looking at cup wins and European football via cups or league position. Reasonable goals even without outside investment.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

We've hit 40 points on 15:52 - Mar 1 with 1150 viewsjack247

We've hit 40 points on 14:57 - Mar 1 by 1973scott

Quote was November 2013

Check out my other post

Established Premier League clubs look first and foremost to survive every season. The financial reward of another season in the Premier League dictates it. No-one will ever quote that, because it sounds negative. I can guarantee you that will be the case with us and 10-12 other clubs in August. Newcastle, West Ham and Villa have all been run that way recently.

Doesn't mean we should ease off when we think we are safe, as we have appeared to do the last two seasons.
We've hit 40 points on 18:56 - Mar 1 with 1094 viewsjohnlangy

We've hit 40 points on 15:52 - Mar 1 by jack247

Established Premier League clubs look first and foremost to survive every season. The financial reward of another season in the Premier League dictates it. No-one will ever quote that, because it sounds negative. I can guarantee you that will be the case with us and 10-12 other clubs in August. Newcastle, West Ham and Villa have all been run that way recently.

Doesn't mean we should ease off when we think we are safe, as we have appeared to do the last two seasons.

Maintain 8th, hopefully 7th. If that means EL all well and good BUT we struggled last time in the PL and we don't want o flirt with relegation next year with the extra money starting the following season.

So, i'd be happy with 8th, ecstatic with 7th just missing out on EL.
We've hit 40 points on 19:17 - Mar 1 with 1075 viewsJackfath

How much is each finishing place worth this season?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We've hit 40 points on 19:24 - Mar 1 with 1062 viewsRancid

I came away thinking of Europe too and especially when i seen we were just 6 points behind Southampton who were 5th at the time and very catchable.Would love us to push on again and to win straight after beating a side like Man Utd the week before and then going away to a side like Burnley and winning again showed a different side to us.We might not be as pretty on the eye as in previous season but we've a real steel to our game this season and winning ugly instead of playing well and losing seems to be the way we're going and we'd better get used to it.
We've hit 40 points on 19:27 - Mar 1 with 1055 viewsdeanscfc

55 points.

I hope we can finish off the season with style playing good football and secure 8th.
We've hit 40 points on 19:35 - Mar 1 with 1028 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We need to start preparing to hit 40 pts again next season

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024