Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Sigma Course 15:06 - Mar 5 with 2775 viewsMrSwansea

Anybody done Six Sigma training? Looking at doing it and going into something new in work. Is it a course you can sit in with no previous lean manufacturing skills?

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Six Sigma Course on 16:24 - Mar 5 with 2742 viewsQuakerJack

Are work putting you thru it as part of a career move into another area?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Six Sigma Course on 16:48 - Mar 5 with 2718 viewsMrSwansea

Kind of. Funded by the employer with the view of moving across into a sister company. Whys that?

Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Six Sigma Course on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 2662 viewsAndy1300

Six Sigma Course on 16:48 - Mar 5 by MrSwansea

Kind of. Funded by the employer with the view of moving across into a sister company. Whys that?

I first used it in a factory and until recently we implemented it in the call centre I work at

Number 1 team in Wales

Six Sigma Course on 21:44 - Mar 5 with 2591 viewsQuakerJack

Would have thought work wouldn't have put you on it if they didn't think you had the relevant experience.

Lot of Maths involved. Very prestigious qualification... I believe it's graded like karate. Black belt being the top level... Operational Research is along similar lines. Using Maths to solve problems like how to improve processes. Call Centres is a good example, queue analysts use it I think to improve call waiting times. The Yanks used it during the cold war in various forms to develop strategy... my old man used to work with it in shipping. It wasn't called six sigma back then, he was a maths grad working as an operational research analyst. Very interesting stuff. Snap their hands off if they're offering it... Who do you work for?

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Six Sigma Course on 21:59 - Mar 5 with 2579 viewsSwanzay

If your being funded, do it without question, looks good on your CV!
Six Sigma Course on 22:54 - Mar 5 with 2551 viewsAndy1300

Six Sigma Course on 21:44 - Mar 5 by QuakerJack

Would have thought work wouldn't have put you on it if they didn't think you had the relevant experience.

Lot of Maths involved. Very prestigious qualification... I believe it's graded like karate. Black belt being the top level... Operational Research is along similar lines. Using Maths to solve problems like how to improve processes. Call Centres is a good example, queue analysts use it I think to improve call waiting times. The Yanks used it during the cold war in various forms to develop strategy... my old man used to work with it in shipping. It wasn't called six sigma back then, he was a maths grad working as an operational research analyst. Very interesting stuff. Snap their hands off if they're offering it... Who do you work for?

It is sometimes referred to as "lean sigma" as it is used to cut waste form a given process.

Lots of different charts to work with.

Great to have on a CV and very interesting to see the results .

You could follow a process and realise you can't cut any waste from it to make it viable, on the other hand the opposite could be found

Starts off with yellow belt then as has been said it's like Karate grading.

Number 1 team in Wales

Six Sigma Course on 23:39 - Mar 5 with 2537 viewsjackportis

Six Sigma Course on 22:54 - Mar 5 by Andy1300

It is sometimes referred to as "lean sigma" as it is used to cut waste form a given process.

Lots of different charts to work with.

Great to have on a CV and very interesting to see the results .

You could follow a process and realise you can't cut any waste from it to make it viable, on the other hand the opposite could be found

Starts off with yellow belt then as has been said it's like Karate grading.

Its a good course. . Have done this. Something for u to bear in mind. Be prepared for cynics in your work place. You have to undertake projects. It is a complex course involving formulas and mathematics. It can lead to good things. However if you want to progress consider management courses first nvq2 is a good starting point.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Six Sigma Course on 13:03 - Mar 6 with 2472 viewsMrSwansea

Thanks for advice guys. There is so much out there RE six sigma - its get overwhelming. I think I will go with it, was just put off with the lack of knowledge of the manufacturing world etc.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024